+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Family member on Herion .. is there any cure ??

Post Likes
    Drugs & Alcohol have always been around, but, ..... Not to this degree.

Ever since the 1960s/ 70s, America, ... In My Belief, has gone through a Major Cultural & Moral Upheaval.

Dugs & Alcohol became Popular, & accepted within all levels of Society, & it didn't matter whether You drove a Mercedes, or hitch-hiked.

The need to fill a "Mental/Spiritual" void within one's self, as well as the desire to withdraw from this world, have been causes for getting in to drugs, & heavy Alcoholism.

And of course, in the beginning, there's the "Peer Pressure", as well as the desire to get a "Rush"/ Thrill.

Judging from the Success rate of the American Government, in abolishing the Drug Trade, ..... This Major Problem is only gong to rapidly multiply.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    I distinctly remember one of Trumps campaign remarks was getting rid of the drug dealers … I wonder if hes doing things behind closed doors the public ismt supposed to know about , you know , they have to be careful for fear the drug dealers will change their way of doing things and mess up the investigations

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    I distinctly remember one of Trumps campaign remarks was getting rid of the drug dealers … I wonder if hes doing things behind closed doors the public ismt supposed to know about , you know , they have to be careful for fear the drug dealers will change their way of doing things and mess up the investigations
    Legalizing pot is going to be the beginning of getting rid of the drug dealers...or at least redistributing their profits to the U.S. government.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Legalizing pot is going to be the beginning of getting rid of the drug dealers...or at least redistributing their profits to the U.S. government.
    Is there a difference?

Post Likes
    I blame shitty families. The breakdown of of the family unit and women raising children on their own is going to be the death of America. Children, especially boys, need strong, positive, masculine role models. End of story.

My grandsons father(or should I say worthless piece of crap sperm donor) is on H. He portrays himself as a tough guy but he's a *****ass punk. He blames my daughter for his drug usage as does his piece of shit mother who, by the way, raised him on her own. I don't blame her, it's the cards she was dealt...or at least the draw she was stuck with because she's a shitty card player.

Unfortunately, we Americans are so used to treating/masking symptoms that we don't address the root of the problem.

6. Likes Fla.HP liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I blame shitty families. The breakdown of of the family unit and women raising children on their own is going to be the death of America. Children, especially boys, need strong, positive, masculine role models. End of story.

My grandsons father(or should I say worthless piece of crap sperm donor) is on H. He portrays himself as a tough guy but he's a *****ass punk. He blames my daughter for his drug usage as does his piece of shit mother who, by the way, raised him on her own. I don't blame her, it's the cards she was dealt...or at least the draw she was stuck with because she's a shitty card player.

Unfortunately, we Americans are so used to treating/masking symptoms that we don't address the root of the problem.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    My "Modified Like Button" >>>>
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Is there a difference?

Truthfully Pec?

NO.

Post Likes

AMEN!!!

Post Likes
    Well , hes been saying he needs money for child support , so I tried using him today , installing the drains on a walkin freezer and cooler , I told him the job pays 250 , figured id be nice , he said great , he had a errand to run and hed be there 2pm

3 pm I called him , got voice mail

4 pm I went to start the job and I texted him , bring your ass

7 pm im done , hes nowhere to be found , and yes , his butt is Fired !

Post Likes
    Well , hes been saying he needs money for child support , so I tried using him today , installing the drains on a walkin freezer and cooler , I told him the job pays 250 , figured id be nice , he said great , he had a errand to run and hed be there 2pm

3 pm I called him , got voice mail

4 pm I went to start the job and I texted him , bring your ass

7 pm im done , hes nowhere to be found , and yes , his butt is Fired !
    You tried. That’s all you can do.

When he wants to get clean support him until then he’s on his own!

Post Likes
    Technically, I have a broken back. From High school football. Went into construction after that. Got into this trade because it looked interesting and physically easy, LOL on the easy part.

Have been asked a few times what I want, after confiding to the doctor I've tried/experimented with just about everything recreationlly, and tell them I want the minimum. Don't want to get a tolerance at this young age. Been working out so far.

Regarding addiction, as has been said, you need a reason to quit. I was a party animal in my teens and shortly after. Then I saw the guys I was partying with who were ten years my senior, and they were living in trash. That was my epiphany moment.

That was the moment I realized I needed to get out of the drug culture. One reason I went to a trade school 1000 miles away, so I could not have immediate contact with my druggie friends.

You'll never go or stay straight until you have something to live for. Me, I wanted to buy a house. And a new car. That was my motivation to stay straight and continue on when things got difficult.

Snapperhead, that epiphany moment for me came in the early 20's, so it is still possible for your nephew. If you want to get involved, I would recommend asking the simple question: What do you have to live for?

If he has no answer, tell him you can't help him. Then just sit there and look at him. Let the moments pass. Then. TELL HIM he needs a reason to live. He HAS to find a reason to live. Tell him you will only support him for his reason to live.

Those who enable him are not helping him.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

14. Likes Fla.HP liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Snapperhead, that epiphany moment for me came in the early 20's, so it is still possible for your nephew. If you want to get involved, I would recommend asking the simple question: What do you have to live for?

If he has no answer, tell him you can't help him. Then just sit there and look at him. Let the moments pass. Then. TELL HIM he needs a reason to live. He HAS to find a reason to live. Tell him you will only support him for his reason to live.

Those who enable him are not helping him.
    Not sure this is the answer. My grandsons dad decided roughly 10 months after his son was born, it was time to re-live his heroin days of 10 years ago(I didn't know this until after he relapsed earlier this year). If a new baby isn't a reason to live, than nothing is. Sorry, I'm bitter. If he dropped dead today there would be no love lost.

Addressing the addiction issue. After the last surgery on my shoulder, I was on Percosets for about 4-5 weeks. The first 2 weeks I slept and popped pills. The remainder weeks I slowly weaned myself down to Advil, which I still take almost daily. I haven't smoked pot since the 80's and I bet it would help with my daily pain, but I need to be of sound mind to perform any type of job that I would consider a living wage and $15 and hour isn't a living wage in my world. I fully understand the physical apart of the addiction. I cannot fathom the mental part. You'd have to be born under a rock to not know the consequences of addiction.

Post Likes
    The only thing I really know, is that you need a reason to live. And a reason to stay off of the stuff that is ruining your life.

With all due respect, having a child does not automatically bestow a need to live. Anyone with the proper plumbing, regardless of intellect or reason, can bring a life into this world.

Without a [higher?] reason to stay sober [aka, a reason to live], it's likely the OP's nephew has no hope at all.

Not sure this is the answer. My grandsons dad decided roughly 10 months after his son was born, it was time to re-live his heroin days of 10 years ago(I didn't know this until after he relapsed earlier this year). If a new baby isn't a reason to live, than nothing is. Sorry, I'm bitter. If he dropped dead today there would be no love lost.

Addressing the addiction issue. After the last surgery on my shoulder, I was on Percosets for about 4-5 weeks. The first 2 weeks I slept and popped pills. The remainder weeks I slowly weaned myself down to Advil, which I still take almost daily. I haven't smoked pot since the 80's and I bet it would help with my daily pain, but I need to be of sound mind to perform any type of job that I would consider a living wage and $15 and hour isn't a living wage in my world. I fully understand the physical apart of the addiction. I cannot fathom the mental part. You'd have to be born under a rock to not know the consequences of addiction.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Check out the Narconon Pgm - apparently they have a super low "reversal" rate.. I guess you can call it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    The only thing I really know, is that you need a reason to live. And a reason to stay off of the stuff that is ruining your life.

With all due respect, having a child does not automatically bestow a need to live. Anyone with the proper plumbing, regardless of intellect or reason, can bring a life into this world.

Without a [higher?] reason to stay sober [aka, a reason to live], it's likely the OP's nephew has no hope at all.
    Hes got a little girl . I think shes 7 , he gets her every other weekend , so obviously theres an ex GF who hes arguing with now n then. Hell we all have one of those lol.

But hes never really bonded with her , when shes over its more like hes babysitting. Hed much rather be drinking with the guys.

Hes pounding a 6 pack each night , minimum , which I just found out , so that pretty much tells me the idea of turning him into a outstanding employee just isn't there.

There was a slight chance I was going to give the guy another try , but reading these posts about the chances of recovery being so slim …. I just cant take the risk of my stuff being pawned one day. I NEED my stuff.

I will tell his mother about the other rehabs mentioned ...Narconon

I just looked it up , the closest Narconon is in Michigan.

Post Likes
    I looked more into Narcanon , its 15,000 dollar flat fee , holy cow

Post Likes
    Honestly... I do not remember if I posted this or not...
    Sorry if this is a repeat post.

A few decades ago, I remember going to a weekend Bible study retreat...
    The speaker was a wise elderly person.

Somehow, we got off on making good and bad choices... which of course lead to discussion on addictions...
    The speaker made a comment that has stuck with me:

"Real and meaningful change will ONLY happen...
    When the pain of remaining the same is GREATER than the pain of change"

IMO... until the pain of staying on drugs is greater than the pain of leaving drugs...
    Well... we probably (sadly) know what is gonna happen...

I really hope the OP's relative finds the will to make some tuff choices...
    One hates to see anyone destroy their life.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Like Sam kinison said if you still have 15k you don’t have a problem
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

22. Likes shellkamp liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Well, I guess it depends if it's worth it. Can't be much more than the rehabs he's done so far that didn't work.

But he also needs to want to get off it, does he actually want to get off it or is he just saying that? I understand wanting to get off it and then being tempted back into it, remove him from the environment and have him withdraw from it as well as getting all the toxins and chemicals that stuff left behind out of his body and there's much more to the program but it works, that's all I've heard, it has the highest success rate in the world from what I know.

So it depends, the road he's on, I figure he'll do 15G's worth of damage one way or another, might as well just handle him and get him straightened out and keep him alive and get him doing well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in