Thread: Sunbelt Controls Southern California

Post Likes

Confused Sunbelt Controls Southern California

I have been looking in putting in my resume. I have been
    Interested in learning more and more about controls.
    I really dont know much, but im eager to learn. Does anyone work for Sunbelt controls and have any positive things to say about them? Today i was at a jobsite and i seen an electrician with a Sunbelt controls shirt on. I asked him if he worked there and he said yes. He said he got laid off because Sunbelt was cleaning house. He said sunbelt laid off a lot of people and thats why he was working as an electrician now. That kind of gave me second thoughts on applying for Sunbelt. What do you guys think?

Post Likes
    I know two top notch control guys at Sunbelt and I see the company participate in various above and beyond product development things. I haven't heard anything bad like this but I might not as I'm on the other side of the country and on vacation.

Post Likes
    Are you looking for a foot in the door or a long term career? Granted one wants to do homework, but Sunbelt is one of the largest, if not the largest ALC dealer in the West, so there should be plenty of resources to gather from.
    Depending on how long ago the guy worked there, a lot of people 'cleaned house' during the recession. Another thing is IMO if a guy is yet wearing a companies shirt 'advertising' for them while working for someone else, we'll then the company of the shirt he is wearing he must not dislike all that much.
    I'd recommend to see if you can find a few employee's that actually work there and get their opinion in person. Good luck to you.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Are you looking for a foot in the door or a long term career? Granted one wants to do homework, but Sunbelt is one of the largest, if not the largest ALC dealer in the West, so there should be plenty of resources to gather from.
    Depending on how long ago the guy worked there, a lot of people 'cleaned house' during the recession. Another thing is IMO if a guy is yet wearing a companies shirt 'advertising' for them while working for someone else, we'll then the company of the shirt he is wearing he must not dislike all that much.
    I'd recommend to see if you can find ar few employee's that actually work there and get their opinion in person. Good luck to you.
    Im just trying to learn more about controls. I have been eager to learn and make it a life long career

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior1983 View Post
    Im just trying to learn more about controls. I have been eager to learn and make it a life long career
    I interviewed there. Ended up someplace else. They are BIG. My impressions were that they are big enough to have a process for nearly everything. They have a 3 man front service office, fielding service calls and passing then to technicians if they cannot be done remotely. They do a decent amount of Niagara, I have come accross a few of thsir sites. They have a decent in house training room. Reminded me A LOT of JCI in culture (in my 45 minutes with them). Large corporate behemoth, where words say "we love you!" And actions say "take peanuts and dont complain or I will slap you". They paid the least of the places I interviewed with. Doeone who works there can say more.

I started at JCI, they have crappy pay as well, but their training is top notch. Start there and get out before you get drunk on the blue kool aid
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the update. Good luck at the new place.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Thanks for the update. Good luck at the new place.
    THANKS! I dunno how I missed your post, but I appreciate it.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in