+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appion Core tool issues, rebuild vs replace?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTech2010 View Post
    Me too. And me too again. Post if ya find the answer to your question. I will do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can rebuild the C&D core tools, I have done it, but it's been several years.

I think I got the rebuild kits on line from a place called Century Tool and Supply. Go on the C&D website, or call them, find the rebuild kit #'s, and let Google do the rest.

Post Likes
    As far as the VCRTS are concerned they are the best I have ever tried. I consistently pull down systems to sub 200 microns. Mines are 6 years old and have been rebuild one time since and only gaskets were replaced not a full rebuild. As far as the kit yes it’s expensive but you can rebuild more than one tool. I believe it’s 2-3 times. Also as far as Appion customer service is concerned it’s one of the best experiences I have ever had with a company. They go above and beyond for their customers and if you give them a call you’ll see what I mean. Good luck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    well had to call Appion, turns out i was missing one kit to fully rebuild this as the ball valve washers werent included, they are sending me some for free and went over all the details to make sure i did it right..good fast support..
    I use Appion VCRs for evacuating and Yellow Jacket VCRs for valve core removal / replacement figure that will save wear and tear on the Appion

Post Likes
    Replace, you can trust that better when you need it

Post Likes
    I’ve been using the same appions for several years and have the same rebuild kit that came with them. If I get a chance I’ll measure the o rings. Even at appion cost they’re reasonable for my long durability, but maybe they can be bought from an online orang source dirt cheap. I rebuild air gums a lot and have never had an issue yet finding obscure orings , but there’s always a first time.
    I’ve learned not to tighten them down like a gorilla and that not only helps pulling cores but makes the oring last a long time. You’d be surprised how little force it takes and vacuum pulls them into a goo seal.

6. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have only had to replace the O rings where the tool connects to the system. Ended up paying $50 for five 0 rings kind of pricey. Ruined one O-ring trying to figure out how to get it in, takes me about 5 seconds now.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

8. Likes R600a, stanbyyourword liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in