Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best smart probe choice

Post Likes

Best smart probe choice

I am really getting the itch to go the smart probe route. If you guys had 400-500 in your pocket which route would you go. There seems to be some options nothing perfect. I mainly tend to be on rooftops so Bluetooth distance might not be the ultimate factor. Do you just go with testo because they match up with measurequick app. I have a large account that I am at all the time. They have large descicant dehunidifier with dx cooling. I like the capability of being able to send report with temps/pressures humidity. I also thought about the redfish clamp meter coming out. Is that another reason to go with testo?? I currently have the testo 550. I use them every day. I have had them for a year . Thanks for your input. Also the uei does anyone know the length of cord on clamps that plugs into transducer??. Sometimes in commercial they are not right beside each other. Thanks.

Post Likes
    I can give you some help. IF I was the in the market for smart probes and I only had up to $500 to spend I would be torn between Fieldpiece and Testo as well Testo because of the Measurequick app, and FP because if the Bluetooth range and great customer service. The Parker/Sporlan probes would also be a contender. However I'm jilted because I have the iConnect system.

I can tell you the RedFish meter currently works with its own app (Supco TechLink), Measurequick, and the Imanifold/iConnect app. It is unknown if the new Redfish clamp meter will work with iConnect.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    I know some have issues with uei. Do u think their new system will be a player?? They have some nice features. I'm not crazy about having wire on clamp.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    I know some have issues with uei. Do u think their new system will be a player?? They have some nice features. I'm not crazy about having wire on clamp.
    I have a serious issue with UEI product quality and more important their business practices. Therefore I have no idea nor do I care about the new UEI wireless probes.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

5. Likes 2sac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    We're selling lots of the Sporlan Smart Tool. Have not had one complaint. Not a fan of UEI from when I was still out in the field. I don't think the UEI's are available yet. Sporlans transducers are smaller than the Testos and they come with a Pelican case instead of a soft case. Copletely wireless, no wires on the temp clamps. Sporlan also sells optional temperature and pressure transducers for larger pipe sizes and multi circuit systems which also come with extended bluetooth. Also, 2 different free apps. the standard and pro app. Standard would be for residential and light commercial and the pro app, for light/heavy commercial. The pro app allows you to view sensors for multiple circuits. You can record, save and email reports from both apps as well(no humidity, pressure, temp, SH and SC only). We've been selling them with the Appion CTEE14 low loss charging T's. I have better pricing on Sporlan than anywhere on the net and can ship in the continental U.S.

I had 3 people inquire about the iManifold this week. It looks a bit complicated from the youtube videos, but seem to have more features than anyone else's product. Talked to a tech who bought them when they first came out and he said the only downside to them is they eat batteries. It uses 6 AA batteries and he says every time he pulls the gauges out he has to replace the batteries.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    . I like the look of the sporlans just wish u could at least check air temp. Is there a spot u can at least add a comment on report for air temps/humidity on report

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    . I like the look of the sporlans just wish u could at least check air temp. Is there a spot u can at least add a comment on report for air temps/humidity on report
    The report is very generic, It's more or less a data log of pressures, temps, SC and SH with time stamps at predetermined intervals which I believe are adjustable. You would save the report and email it to yourself. It downloads as an editable Microsoft spread sheet (don't know how it comes across on Apple products) You can then customize the spread sheet with your company header, dates, customer info and whatever other info you see fit. I have a sample spreadsheet on my work computer from just screwing around with a window shaker we frankensteined for a demo. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I should be able to create a custom template and just transfer the generic report to the template. PM me your email address and I'll email you the report.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I still like my iConnect, but the final piece to the puzzle “Redfish clamp meter” is still in waiting.

I don’t think there’s a comparable product at this point but there are a few substantial drawbacks to the kit. Battery life and or ease of replacement is my #1 issue. #2 is the damn 12’ temperature probe wires that are wrapped around the probe and are a hassle to deal with especially with battery changes. #3 is time to configure each job, but with practice the time is greatly reduced. The time it takes to input the job data is given back to you with the detailed information that is provided in the report. The report is the game changer IMO.

The Pros are accuracy, range of use, and detailed information.

I still feel it was worth the ~$1500+ I’ve invested, but I’m hoping they will remember the folks like me that made that investment with them, when they start producing a lower end model at a fraction of the cost through UEi.
    Some may call the product overpriced, but those of us that made the leap know we had to support the initial R&D it took to get the tool where it is today.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

10. Likes lytning liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    I have a serious issue with UEI product quality and more important their business practices. Therefore I have no idea nor do I care about the new UEI wireless probes.
    Ditto:

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    We're selling lots of the Sporlan Smart Tool. Have not had one complaint. Not a fan of UEI from when I was still out in the field. I don't think the UEI's are available yet. Sporlans transducers are smaller than the Testos and they come with a Pelican case instead of a soft case. Copletely wireless, no wires on the temp clamps. Sporlan also sells optional temperature and pressure transducers for larger pipe sizes and multi circuit systems which also come with extended bluetooth. Also, 2 different free apps. the standard and pro app. Standard would be for residential and light commercial and the pro app, for light/heavy commercial. The pro app allows you to view sensors for multiple circuits. You can record, save and email reports from both apps as well(no humidity, pressure, temp, SH and SC only). We've been selling them with the Appion CTEE14 low loss charging T's. I have better pricing on Sporlan than anywhere on the net and can ship in the continental U.S.

I had 3 people inquire about the iManifold this week. It looks a bit complicated from the youtube videos, but seem to have more features than anyone else's product. Talked to a tech who bought them when they first came out and he said the only downside to them is they eat batteries. It uses 6 AA batteries and he says every time he pulls the gauges out he has to replace the batteries.
    IManifold IE Iconnect is complicated? no different than the others other than using wires to get temp reading for SH and SC.. they dont eat a batterys like you are describing but i use Lithium type and they last awhile..if hes going through batterys that quick hes buying bad battyerys or cheap ones..I typically use Energizer Lithium's or basic Duracell and they last a lot longer than EVERYTIME.. maybe 3X a year maybe 4 with heavy use?

simple as

1. Turn on Mobile box unit, clip to pocket or whatever to carry with you
    2. Take out your other 5 pieces and turn them on, put on Suction and Liquid pressure transducers and clamp your wired temp clamps to proper lines
    3, go inside and place your WBDB sticks in proper places as well as the repeater probe in between for better connection
    4, open and turn on APP and input the basics if you want to generate reports, if not Simpy use data to adjust your system..

the OP issue is they are apparently the best , could be subjective but that comes with a price, they are expensive and $600 wont get you this basic part of the system..I paid $1600 for the complete start up Residential system has the 6 components needed to use this system properly..you can add more later.

I have not used the others but read here on ups and downs with all.. Iconnect has some like wired thermisters etc and maybe support is still lacking since original team left but ive had mine two years now and they are all still functioning fine and seem pretty accurate..
    hope that clears that up

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    I still like my iConnect, but the final piece to the puzzle “Redfish clamp meter” is still in waiting.

I don’t think there’s a comparable product at this point but there are a few substantial drawbacks to the kit. Battery life and or ease of replacement is my #1 issue. #2 is the damn 12’ temperature probe wires that are wrapped around the probe and are a hassle to deal with especially with battery changes. #3 is time to configure each job, but with practice the time is greatly reduced. The time it takes to input the job data is given back to you with the detailed information that is provided in the report. The report is the game changer IMO.

I still feel it was worth the ~$1500+ I’ve invested, but I’m hoping they will remember the folks like me that made that investment with them, when they start producing a lower end model at a fraction of the cost through UEi.
    Some may call the product overpriced, but those of us that made the leap know we had to support the initial R&D it took to get the tool where it is today.
    yes the wires drive me crazy battery life is an issue but not really one that causes me grief, it is a necessary evil running this zigbee with all its range over a long period of time can drain batterys but its not a big enough issue for me to care as of now..

Post Likes

whats this Redfish meter supposed to add? amp draw clamp or what? what else..whats the model?

Post Likes
    I bought the fieldpiece kit with ai probes. It has great range. I have not been to a house yet and lost the connection all together. The air probes will keep reconnecting if I'm outside. I don't use them enough, I still crab the AKs for quick checked. I thought about buying the appion for doing quick checks next.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    whats this Redfish meter supposed to add? amp draw clamp or what? what else..whats the model?
    The iDVM 550 will provide me with all of the verified measurements. At this point I'm using my old trusty Fluke, and inputting the measurements by hand. I hoping the Redfish will connect directly with the iConnect so there will be no more manual inputs other than the equipment and job information.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    The iDVM 550 will provide me with all of the verified measurements. At this point I'm using my old trusty Fluke, and inputting the measurements by hand. I hoping the Redfish will connect directly with the iConnect so there will be no more manual inputs other than the equipment and job information.
    curious to know what the redfish 550 will do does it have a MF reading as well or is this more electrical with V and Ampdaw etc not dedicated to the hvac field like FL SC55 and 56 etc? not awhole lot on their website or FB i asked these questions no response yet

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    curious to know what the redfish 550 will do does it have a MF reading as well or is this more electrical with V and Ampdaw etc not dedicated to the hvac field like FL SC55 and 56 etc? not awhole lot on their website or FB i asked these questions no response yet
    The Redfish is a dedicated HVAC meter, and it does have the features you inquired about. They are now distributed by Supco for us. We just made them a new app called Supco Techlink, an electrical diagnostic and reporting applicaiton. I hope it was not us that missed you on Facebook.

Thanks

Jim

JLB,

Post Likes
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    The Redfish is a dedicated HVAC meter, and it does have the features you inquired about. They are now distributed by Supco for us. We just made them a new app called Supco Techlink, an electrical diagnostic and reporting applicaiton. I hope it was not us that missed you on Facebook.

Thanks

Jim

thanks for the vids but what does the new 550 look like and how does it differ.

will it have the AMP clamp attached or is it a separate meter that plugs into main like the 333?

Post Likes
    They are releasing a cheaper version of the iconnect thru uei?

Post Likes
    Who they?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast