+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Wars will afect Our Trade.

Post Likes
    Trump is smart enough to know trade wars are not good for any country. He is using our economic strength to negotiate fair trade agreements. Economic strength is not measured in this case with reference to debt but the cash value of what we buy and total we spend. No country comes close to our economic power and Trump doesn't want us to blow that advantage. He is using the leverage we have to get sensible deals. It is impossible to believe we are getting fair deals now or that we are taking advantage of others or they would be the ones starting a "trade war". Why shouldn't we use our leverage to make good deals?
    I'm all for a legitimate guest worker program. We also need a balanced budget amendment. The polecats will never balance the budget unless forced to.

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    You mean like Obama and Clinton that at one time had net worths of less than $500k and are now worth 10's of millions of $.
    I dont care about Obama,Clinton,Bush or Edgar J hoover,thats water under the bridge nothing we can do about it, At least most former presidents have released their income info Trump has not, first he said he was being audited and later he flat out refused.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

4. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Please equate Trump's tax returns to trade wars. That's a good question but you will not answer it. I do care about the low lives you mentioned because each of them contributed to screwing up the country for their own greedy benefit but you don't care about that. WHY!!!!???????

6. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    Please equate Trump's tax returns to trade wars. That's a good question but you will not answer it. I do care about the low lives you mentioned because each of them contributed to screwing up the country for their own greedy benefit but you don't care about that. WHY!!!!???????
    Read my prior post! Trump has a history for being a guy with low morals, I dont trust him more than any other crook on his position and based on prior history, he could be using presidential power to hurt a market segment while put his money on another part of the market.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    .............. screwing up the country for their own greedy benefit but you don't care about that. WHY!!!!???????
    First there is no proof, just conspiracies, second they are not in position of power and there is nothing we can do about it.

Post Likes
    LOL

He is under such close scrutiny, he couldn't possibly do that without getting busted.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Read my prior post! Trump has a history for being a guy with low morals, I dont trust him more than any other crook on his position and based on prior history, he could be using presidential power to hurt a market segment while put his money on another part of the market.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    You say no proof on those three bozos but suspect Trump for what he might do. You can't be serious. There isn't enough memory on the net to store the proof on J. Edgar Hoover alone not to mention the other two and all you have on Trump is a gut feeling about what he might do. Hoover kept his job by blackmailing everyone in the government including presidents and he had files on everyone including MLK. All his files surfaced after he died and you are not aware of this. He was one of the most dangerous criminals in the history of this country and you don't care.
    Are you worried about what Trump might not do?

11. Likes BBeerme, DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    You say no proof on those three bozos but suspect Trump for what he might do. You can't be serious. There isn't enough memory on the net to store the proof on J. Edgar Hoover alone not to mention the other two and all you have on Trump is a gut feeling about what he might do. Hoover kept his job by blackmailing everyone in the government including presidents and he had files on everyone including MLK. All his files surfaced after he died and you are not aware of this. He was one of the most dangerous criminals in the history of this country and you don't care.
    If you want to linger on the past that's your prerogative, I rather focus on current events and Trumps inability to tell the truth worries me, maybe he would end up being the knight in shinning armor you made him out to be,wait and see.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    LOL

He is under such close scrutiny, he couldn't possibly do that without getting busted.
    Talking about a guy that thinks he can get away with anything.

Post Likes
    Talking about a guy that thinks he can get away with anything.
    If you are trying to say that Trump did not understand the life of a politician, then I would agree with that.

15. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I wish libs would quit the broken record about Trump being a habitual liar and provide some examples. Baseless allegations are worn out. The list of his campaign promises he has kept is long and impressive. He hasn't given up on the others he made such as the wall. He has only altered his thinking on one that I know of but hasn't totally abandoned his promise.
    He has kept more campaign promises than all the democrats in history combined so if that makes him a knight in shining armor so be it but I never said that. According to Obama Trump must have a magic wand because Trump has brought jobs back that Obama said would take a magic wand.

17. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    And it probably bears no resemblance to the size of his hands.

PHM
    --------

I wish libs would quit the broken record about Trump being a habitual liar and provide some examples. Baseless allegations are worn out. The list of his campaign promises he has kept is long and impressive. He hasn't given up on the others he made such as the wall. He has only altered his thinking on one that I know of but hasn't totally abandoned his promise.
    He has kept more campaign promises than all the democrats in history combined so if that makes him a knight in shining armor so be it but I never said that. According to Obama Trump must have a magic wand because Trump has brought jobs back that Obama said would take a magic wand.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    -------

I dont care about Obama,Clinton,Bush or Edgar J hoover,thats water under the bridge nothing we can do about it, At least most former presidents have released their income info Trump has not, first he said he was being audited and later he flat out refused.
    Valdelocc,

The problem with what has happened in the past, is that it is a Foundation, that has had very little Correction made to it, in My Belief.

Each Administration promises "Change", or to Make Us Great Again", in various fashion, only to add to, what the previous Administrations have done.

In My Belief, the American Sheeple, while fully trusting their "Elected Saviors", continue with their lives basically in the same "Rut", accepting the minor "Window Dressing", as "Change for the Better", ... at least up till the more serious problems that have been White Washed Over, again work their way to the surface.

Our "Leadership", both Republican & Democrat, during My Lifetime, (especially "Slick Willy", "Bubba Jr.", & "h' Bamer"), has consistently passed Laws, made Regulations, & Treaties, that have caused the Loss of American Power, be it Economical, Industrial, Military, etc., & that leads up to where We are now, .... A Hollow Shell of what We were 80 years ago.

American Industry heavily supported England & Russia via the "Lend-Lease" program during the early days of World War Two, & that action kept the Allies in the fight, until America entered it. America no longer has that Industrial Power, let alone the ease of access to the raw materials required for an Industrial power.

America, during the Great Depression, created jobs for Millions of Americas by creating huge projects such as the TVA, & the Hoover Dam, ..... Again, America no longer has that Industrial Power, nor the access to the raw materials, & worse yet, ... It doesn't have the Financial Resources, unless of course the $$$$ is printed out of "Thin Air" & / or Borrowed. Which by the way, ... America's practice of "Kicking th' can down th' road", over it's Astronomical Debt, in My Belief, is not only Pure Insanity, but very soon, it is going to cause an Unprecedented Economic Catastrophe in America that will surpass the Great Depression.

These "Tariffs" in My Belief, as well as several more very Serious Economic Problems on Our Horizon, are quickly going to pop "The balloon of exuberance", over this "Economic Recovery", & I believe that before this year is over, not only will Our Trade take a Huge it in rising costs, but all of America as well.

As far as The Twitter-in-Chief's tax returns? I'm thinking that Extra-marital Affairs, Russian-Intelligence Agency Spys, & the Revolving door of Cabinet hires/ fires, has the Sheeple's Attention, .... But Yeah, that's just one more "Promise" that has been swept under the rug.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    You guys kill me. What X,Y,or Z did is all water under the bridge, look at what this guy has done. The key word there is "done". Once they have done it does it really matter if it was last week, last month, last year, or last decade, No. They still did it they were still wrong and we still got screwed. I could care less about any politicians tax return. Unless you are a tax professional the stuff you really need to see is either going to be omitted or hidden so well you won't find it, so what difference does it make. Now going from less than $500k to over $40 mil while in office 8 years making $400k interests me cause those numbers don't add up. Where did all that money come from. We either got screwed out of that directly or through favors to someone so it was indirect, but we still got screwed. You show me where Trumps net worth has gone up and I am on that band wagon with you. So far all the numbers I have seen are that his net worth has gone down from 4.?billion to 3.? billion.

Bottom line ; if your not gonna complain about the screwin from the left don't complain about the screwin from the right.

21. Likes DavidDeBord, BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    You guys kill me. What X,Y,or Z did is all water under the bridge, look at what this guy has done. The key word there is "done". Once they have done it does it really matter if it was last week, last month, last year, or last decade, No. They still did it they were still wrong and we still got screwed. I could care less about any politicians tax return. Unless you are a tax professional the stuff you really need to see is either going to be omitted or hidden so well you won't find it, so what difference does it make. Now going from less than $500k to over $40 mil while in office 8 years making $400k interests me cause those numbers don't add up. Where did all that money come from. We either got screwed out of that directly or through favors to someone so it was indirect, but we still got screwed. You show me where Trumps net worth has gone up and I am on that band wagon with you. So far all the numbers I have seen are that his net worth has gone down from 4.?billion to 3.? billion.

Bottom line ; if your not gonna complain about the screwin from the left don't complain about the screwin from the right.
    Well Said BNM, but I'm gonna further with it, ....

The American Sheeple have been Gang Raped, by both the Republicans & Democrats.

In Fact, ... I Firmly Believe that if the Founding Fathers, & those that followed them, were here today, .... America would within a very short time, have it's Second Revolutionary War.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

23. Likes BNME8EZ liked this post.
    Post Likes

You are entitle to your opinion and I'm to mine....is a free country after all.

Post Likes
    You are entitle to your opinion and I'm to mine....is a free country after all.
    This is very true, and it is a very important value that we must keep, however it is also a lot of the problem.

I have no problem with anyone or everyone having a different opinion form me. If I'm wrong all get over it, if I'm right I'll still get over it it will just take longer. The issue is that we have been divided to the point where you can have your opinion just keep your opinion to yourself I don't want to hear it. It generally seems to boil down to who's side are you on. If we can't share opinions and develop a dialog off of that how can we ever come to an agreement on anything. And the politicians are ecstatic because that is right where they want us. If we can't talk about the wrongs of one side without including the same wrongs done by the other side we can never move forward. If you have a very workable idea of how to improve the tax structure and I don't want to hear it just because we fall under different left/right ideologies we are lost. This country use to work for all of us, now it works for the special interests because they can at least agree on what they want. So what do we end up with . . . special interest groups making policy that the rest of us have to live with which only serves to make all our lives harder. I would love to see this change. Until we can share ideas and opinions it never will.

26. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    WOW! What trough do you feed at. Al the Dems in history you say?? Try to keep it real or it will appear your the emotional type.
    BTW the jobs would have re-appeared it any case because that's what shifts in economies do.
    Misplaced hero worship??
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    You're absolutely correct.

Remember obummer's campaign promise/pledge of knocking the USA down a few notches so other countries, especially third world countries, could have a chance at the glory that America has seen? Yup. He did everything he could to destroy America and the values that made us great; he kept that promise.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    WOW! What trough do you feed at. Al the Dems in history you say?? Try to keep it real or it will appear your the emotional type.
    BTW the jobs would have re-appeared it any case because that's what shifts in economies do.
    Misplaced hero worship??

29. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Those that believe "China needs us.", need to dig deeper in to the Data.
    ---------------------

The US Trade War with China. Trump wants to Block Countries from using the Yuan as a Reserve Currency
    Transcript of PressTV Skype Interview of 29 May 2019

By Peter Koenig and Press TV
    Global Research, May 31, 2018
    Region: Asia, USA
    Theme: Global Economy

[print]

Background

Far-reaching trade policies and sanctions against China are envisaged, According to Reuters:

"The United States said on Tuesday that it will continue pursuing action on trade with China, days after Washington and Beijing announced a tentative solution to their dispute and suggested that tensions had cooled.

By June 15, Washington will release a list of some $50 billion worth of Chinese goods that will be subject to a 25 percent tariff, the White House said in a statement. The United States will also continue to pursue litigation against China at the World Trade Organization.

In addition, by the end of June, the United States will announce investment restrictions and “enhanced export controls” for Chinese individuals and entities “related to the acquisition of industrially significant technology,” it said.

In mid-May, China agreed to increase purchases of U.S. Commerce Department told lawmakers it had reached a deal to put Chinese telecommunications firm ZTE Corp back in business.

While the announcements eased worries about the possibility of a trade war between world’s two largest economies, U.S. President Donald Trump also said last week that any deal between Washington and Beijing would need “a different structure,” fueling uncertainty over the talks.

Trump has threatened to impose tariffs on up to $150 billion of Chinese goods to combat what he has labeled unfair trade practices on the part of Beijing. Meanwhile, China has warned of equal retaliation, including duties on some of its most significant U.S. imports, like aircraft, soybeans and vehicles. (Reuters Report)"

"PK: China can of course also levy import duties on US goods. China doesn’t depend on US imports. China is self-sufficient and has, as it is, a huge trade surplus vis-à-vis the US.

China also controls the Asian market – having over taken the US already a couple of years ago.

But what I really suspect is that Trump wants to discourage the world from using the Yuan as a reserve currency, since as such, it lowers not only the value of the US dollar, but it replaces the US dollar as the de facto reserve currency in the world.

Only 20 years ago, or so, the US dollar figured to 90% as reserve currency in treasuries around the globe. Today that percentage has shrunk to below 60%."

https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-us...rrency/5642417

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in