+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Best Work Yet

Post Likes

My Best Work Yet

I put everything I’ve learned from NCI and my peers to work on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Drop the mic😀

Post Likes
    Not a huge fan of the HWT exhaust blowing on he condenser though
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Yea, I'd elbow up over the condenser then out

Otherwise, beautiful. Static amazing.

5. Likes HVAC_Marc, johoff34, ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Very nice, Big smile time . The only thing other than venting I'd change would be to use damper quadrants to get rid of the eye poker. I sure wish there were people with your work ethic around here.
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

7. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Top notch work good job

9. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    Very nice, Big smile time . The only thing other than venting I'd change would be to use damper quadrants to get rid of the eye poker. I sure wish there were people with your work ethic around here.
    Thanks bill!! I went with the directional damper cause that’s what they teach in the NCI class, they say trunk dampers creates resistance. Also I’ve never made one so I was excited to try it out lol.

Post Likes
    I meant in place of (in the same location as) the unit you used.

12. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Just think how much higher the static would have been if it was installed like most everyone else's ducting. That's why the around furnace ducting is so important and can save having to change everything. Now if quality work wasn't such a rarity beautiful work like yours would be seen more often, and even eventually demanded....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    Just think how much higher the static would have been if it was installed like most everyone else's ducting. That's why the around furnace ducting is so important and can save having to change everything. Now if quality work wasn't such a rarity beautiful work like yours would be seen more often, and even eventually demanded....
    I agree!! You’ve really opened my eyes on here. I’ve never seen ductwork like yours before this site. Luckily you shared with me the Budzik book and it’s also helped me. That’s what I’ve tried to share with my fellow installers. 90% or more of your ductwork is undersized and poorly installed. So while you have the furnace and ac out do everything you can to improve airflow. We now install boxes on 80k and 3T minimum and make radius throats. Just have to try and get people to be as passionate about it as I am. It’s a struggle lol it’s usually whatever gets you out by 5 and we’re good.

15. Likes kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Is that the vent on the inside corner or the intake?

Post Likes
    TOP notch work but i would have washed my hand prints off the sideing by the disconnect or did you after the picture was taken?

Post Likes
    It looks like you used some kind of putty where the line set passes through the aluminum siding? What is that stuff?

Post Likes
    I hope they paid you well for a quality job.

I would like to know if you did any airflow testing before replacing the unit and near unit ductwork to know you would be under TESP or did you just make the best fittings you could and hope for the best?

Post Likes
    We call it thumb gum. You can get it at most all supply houses.

21. Likes ECtofix liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Push It View Post
    I hope they paid you well for a quality job.

I would like to know if you did any airflow testing before replacing the unit and near unit ductwork to know you would be under TESP or did you just make the best fittings you could and hope for the best?
    Yes I’ve worked on his equipment before going over his concerns with comfort. TESP before was .8”. It took a couple years for them to pull the trigger on this system but they’re extremely happy they did now.

Post Likes
    Very nice work...

It's pretty special the first few times you hit .50 static.

I would change your static probe on supply side of furnace. Go up to about 3/4" below evap and in the very center.

There is a lot of guys that know what static is and believe you cant get .50 or less on bigger equipment. But you can.

Great job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    "This Story Is True, Only The Facts Were Changed"

"It's Not Black vs White, Left vs Right, Mask vs No Mask! Its Us vs Them! Stop Letting Them Divide Us And Take Our Control!"

"Is This Your Opinion Or Experience?"

Post Likes
    Nice looking install. What are you normally shooting for for static pressure

Post Likes
    Great looking work, I just have to ask why? The why is not on the duct but on location. As an old phart I would have turned the furnace 180 and moved the condenser out of the corner for easier access. As I get older the tight quarters get to be more of a problem so work space is always a consideration.

On the damper have you tried the H&C 803/8 damper set. It may not hold the damper quite as stable as that setup but removed the rod from sticking out.

Post Likes
    Beautiful work. The pair of pants is a work of art.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in