+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Service truck

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    Now we are getting Mercedes. They look sharp and from what I hear drive nicely. And they have a really long rust warranty on the body. Or so I'm told.
    If they are built as a work truck (special order suspension, etc) you'll be fine. Otherwise expect them to wallow and eat parts just like the E150 vans. If you're buying them off the lot, they're not HD trucks.

100k mile paint warranty does not cover corrosion caused by wear or chips.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Stay away from anything sprinter, frieghtliner, or MB. My old company had them and they were always broken.

I was chatting with a mechanic for fed ex a few weeks ago and he said their sprinters are all junk. Same problems we had, then you can't get parts for them easily. You will notice all the delivery vans moving towards ford again.

We have nissans at my current shop. They are decent, still prefer van style front end though. If you go with Nissan go with a V8 model the V6 are under powered and shift really weird.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jlanesey View Post
    Stay away from anything sprinter, frieghtliner, or MB. My old company had them and they were always broken.

I was chatting with a mechanic for fed ex a few weeks ago and he said their sprinters are all junk. Same problems we had, then you can't get parts for them easily. You will notice all the delivery vans moving towards ford again.

We have nissans at my current shop. They are decent, still prefer van style front end though. If you go with Nissan go with a V8 model the V6 are under powered and shift really weird.
    The old versions were made to a price point for non-OEM dealerships. The new ones are quite different. and if purchased from a non-OEM dealership, usually still have the same parts/know-how mismanagement. Fleets moving to Ford is nothing new, Fords are cheap - cheap to buy, and cheap parts that are frequently replaced. Also, if you buy a "lot truck", which is a cargo van in name only, expect it to be junk when it cant perform as a "work truck".
    Nest is POO!!

4. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    The old versions were made to a price point for non-OEM dealerships. The new ones are quite different. and if purchased from a non-OEM dealership, usually still have the same parts/know-how mismanagement. Fleets moving to Ford is nothing new, Fords are cheap - cheap to buy, and cheap parts that are frequently replaced. Also, if you buy a "lot truck", which is a cargo van in name only, expect it to be junk when it cant perform as a "work truck".
    I'd disagree, the problems have been the same with fully fitted duallys and off the lot bare bones.
    We had all the models as well, with every badge. That company has gotten rid of that whole fleet and moved back to ford as well.

Major turbo issues, rear differential problems, rot, sensors, electrical and on and on. The issues we had were all known issues by this mechanic and very common.

I never liked fords, I believe they have come a long way as a company and create some of the nicest vehicles on the road today.

My 2010 F-150 rides like a Cadillac and plows better than most 3/4 and 1 ton trucks I've plowed with, my wife's 2016 Ford Edge sport 2.7 twin turbo ecoboost is a beast.

I would love to try a new transit with the power stroke diesel or one of the new super dutys with a KUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I'd disagree, the problems have been the same with fully fitted duallys and off the lot bare bones.
    We had all the models as well, with every badge. That company has gotten rid of that whole fleet and moved back to ford as well.

Major turbo issues, rear differential problems, rot, sensors, electrical and on and on. The issues we had were all known issues by this mechanic and very common.

I never liked fords, I believe they have come a long way as a company and create some of the nicest vehicles on the road today.

My 2010 F-150 rides like a Cadillac and plows better than most 3/4 and 1 ton trucks I've plowed with, my wife's 2016 Ford Edge sport 2.7 twin turbo ecoboost is a beast.

I would love to try a new transit with the power stroke diesel or one of the new super dutys with a KUV.

The entire infrastructure changed not only in the truck build but the dealerships is 2011 but, we can agree to disagree re: MB.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    The entire infrastructure changed not only in the truck build but the dealerships is 2011 but, we can agree to disagree re: MB.
    What happened to my 2013 that was bought at an actual mb dealership.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman0880 View Post
    What happened to my 2013 that was bought at an actual mb dealership.

Mine is a 2013 as well, I custom ordered it from MB of Buffalo. Dont know what happened to yours.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Mine is a 2013 as well, I custom ordered it from MB of Buffalo. Dont know what happened to yours.
    What do you have for miles on that old girl?

Don't get me wrong, I like MB my last trade in was a c class sedan. I think they make nice vehicles I just wasn't impressed with sprinter vans, multiple nights away from my family stuck waiting for a tow or the hassle of switching all of my gear over to a different truck because an engine part is two weeks out made me a little bias.

The head room is nice though.
    My last vehicle at that company was an 2015 f-350 diesel superduty with the 11' KUV body on it and it also spent a lot of time in the shop to be fair.

Currently being the low man on the totem pole I'm in an 03 E350 with 150K. It runs like a top and haven't had an issue with it yet.

Post Likes
    What do you have for miles on that old girl?

Don't get me wrong, I like MB my last trade in was a c class sedan. I think they make nice vehicles I just wasn't impressed with sprinter vans, multiple nights away from my family stuck waiting for a tow or the hassle of switching all of my gear over to a different truck because an engine part is two weeks out made me a little bias.

The head room is nice though.
    My last vehicle at that company was an 2015 f-350 diesel superduty with the 11' KUV body on it and it also spent a lot of time in the shop to be fair.

Currently being the low man on the totem pole I'm in an 03 E350 with 150K. It runs like a top and haven't had an issue with it yet.

It has 78,000 on it. Last weigh in was 8,325 lbs. and I get about 15-17 mpg. I also custom built all my own shelving. It doesnt even creak when I take turns. Total out the door price was $62,800.
    Nest is POO!!

11. Likes jlanesey liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It has 78,000 on it. Last weigh in was 8,325 lbs. and I get about 15-17 mpg. I also custom built all my own shelving. It doesnt even creak when I take turns. Total out the door price was $62,800.
    Sounds like you have about 63 thousand reasons to like it!

I guess it's easy to be judge mental in my case because I'm not the one investing in them!

Post Likes
    Sounds like you have about 63 thousand reasons to like it!

I guess it's easy to be judge mental in my case because I'm not the one investing in them!

I figured since I was paying for it I might as well custom build it. Took 110 days from Germany. It was built there, tested, taken apart, put on a ship, and reassembled in the USA.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    That's pretty neat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in