Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work boots

Post Likes
    i like red wing but here in FL boots will cook your feet LOL

Post Likes
    Noone told me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I recommend Thorogood, I use them and they are great.

Post Likes
    Anybody tried Georgia Boots,looking at a few pairs.I usually wear Wolverine or Thorogood.Georgia boot has a pair with a rubber toe cap.i wear out a lot of shoes on the front toe area.Many years ago,I only bought Red wing.Today,they are very expensive, not made in the USA(Except a few models) and not as good as they use to be!!!

Post Likes
    I'm wearing Frye and Wolverine 1000 Mile for 4 years now, they got out of shape a bit. But no holes or anything, stitches are sturdy as hell.

Post Likes
    I just ordered a pair of Wolverine Warrior SuperFabric boots.They have a rubber toe cap.They are a new style boot from Wolverine.I will have to see how I like them.I have had good luck with Wolverine and Thorogood.I like the idea of the rubber toe cap,I wear a lot of boots out in that area of the boot.The onlybproblem with nice boots is,They are too nice to work in!!!!

Post Likes
    I just got another pair of wolverines myself. Got to be my 25th pair at least. My prior pair was about 9 months old. Had a little more life in them but none too presentable.

Post Likes
    Any body have an opinion on Sketcher work boots? Not made in USA but I like their regular shoes but curious about the boots.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by safebustr View Post
    Any body have an opinion on Sketcher work boots? Not made in USA but I like their regular shoes but curious about the boots.
    I definitely have an opinion, not based on trial though.....

Post Likes
    I really like these shoes Delta Plus SAGA S3 SRC for work. The sole is made of polyurethane and rubber for increased durability of the shoes.

Post Likes
    I've been stuck on Timberlands for my last 2 pair. Really really liking them, most comfortable I've ever had.

12. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes

In need of suggestions/advice for work boots

I would appreciate everybody’s input that kindly can offer some information I want to buy my fiancé a new pair of work boots as his Timberlands are completely worn down to no soles and are worn thru at the toe boxes… after only about 8 months. He owns his HVAC, heating, refrigeration business and works nonstop so I want to surprise him with the best pair out there. I don’t know all the standards the pair should have for safety. I’m just learning more about the business since I’ll be doing all the office end of it. He’s indoors/outdoors, all weather, ladders, roofs, oil, ice, etc. A bad knee and back. Any kind of information I receive from anyone is sooo appreciated!! Thank you!

Post Likes
    I would look at Wolverine website, also call them.They are very helpful.They are good for the money.Redwing may be better, but quite pricey.I'm happy with most of my Wolverines

Post Likes
    piggy back to say Ive had redwings for a few years that have lasted very well

Post Likes
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a good pair of work Spy Boots? I am wearing out my Danners, they did away with the style I like so I thought I would try a new brand. Steel toe and waterproof are a must.

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cesep4 View Post
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a good pair of work Spy Boots? I am wearing out my Danners, they did away with the style I like so I thought I would try a new brand. Steel toe and waterproof are a must.
    Nope. I am a muck guy myself. I just bought a new pair today.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in