+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LG Tech support

Post Likes

LG Tech support

Anyone have a good number/contact? The guy I talked to today was not helpful.

Post Likes
    1-888-865-3026

Post Likes
    LG tech support has been very good for me the two times I had trouble with a mini split.

Post Likes
    My experience with LG Tech support on LG Multi V systems has been abysmal. We had (4) 2 year old HR units on a roof with a 511 (capacity) error and the tech support agent named Forrest insisted it was a failed compressor issue. When I asked him what the odds were that 4 separate units would have simultaneous compressor failures he began berating me, refused to let me talk and then hung up on me. I have also been given completely erroneous information on more than one occasion by other agents on Multi V problems. I'm afraid it is hit and miss with Multi V support. You're better off reading the pigeon English manuals or watching YouTube videos.

5. Likes MT1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Highheadpressur View Post
    LG tech support has been very good for me the two times I had trouble with a mini split.
    Well I'm working on LG MUlti V series IV and there is only one guy (john) who really knows these multizone systems. But of course you can't ask for him. Luck of the draw.

Post Likes
    One of the things I've found with all the mini split manufacturers is that you sometimes have to push for the next tier of support.

The front line people are there to weed out the simple problems that can be eliminated with a troubleshooting flow chart.

If you realize you're getting over their head, explain that you need someone with more knowledge of the product, since you can't afford to just change parts for the customer. If you're polite, yet firm, usually you can get to the next rung on the ladder.

Another back door way is to bypass support and look on the company web sites to locate the regional service manager for the area. Then you can email them directly. That's really not the best route though, cause some get irritated if you don't follow the steps before them. But if you're justified by having terrible support, with multiple calls, and multiple visits, due to them steering you wrong, you have a much better case to present, as to why you contacted them directly...this is a last resort for me, but I've had to do it.

8. Likes ishaitz liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bnwitt55 View Post
    My experience with LG Tech support on LG Multi V systems has been abysmal. We had (4) 2 year old HR units on a roof with a 511 (capacity) error and the tech support agent named Forrest insisted it was a failed compressor issue. When I asked him what the odds were that 4 separate units would have simultaneous compressor failures he began berating me, refused to let me talk and then hung up on me. I have also been given completely erroneous information on more than one occasion by other agents on Multi V problems. I'm afraid it is hit and miss with Multi V support. You're better off reading the pigeon English manuals or watching YouTube videos.
    It's been almost 5 years for this thread.
    Please start your own.

Post Likes
    Sucked in again...hate it when I don't look at dates! LOL!!

11. Likes dieseldude, supers_5 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Truthfully LG support probably hasn't changed much but that's just a WAG on my part.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    Sucked in again...hate it when I don't look at dates! LOL!!
    Well he is an Engineer after all!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in