Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Goodman install

Post Likes

Saturday Goodman install

Another nice day at work .
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

2. Likes HeatenCoolair, Everlong liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Nice tin work. I dont think ive seen such nice metal attached to anything goodman made

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Goodman is just as good as some of the other brands out to day.
    It's the install that makes the difference in how the system works.

5. Likes doug1111, Manu1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    Goodman is just as good as some of the other brands out to day.
    It's the install that makes the difference in how the system works.
    I absolutely agree . Not knockin goodman product its just rare in my area to see a quality goodman install .

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

7. Likes BaldLoonie, doug1111 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Metal is amazing as always. Those turning veins are great, keep posting your installs! I take it you still have to go back and clean up the rest, drain, electrical, ext.

Post Likes
    That sheet metal is a piece of art. Nicely done.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

10. Likes doug1111 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Why the rubber hose across the floor instead of a condensate pump??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    We can control fire & ice.....

Post Likes
    I'm impressed by the turning vanes in a resi furnace.
    It looks like you have a ton of room why not make that furnace happier and put it up on a base can?
    The wiring hanging lose and the drain ran in hose across the floor are worthy of the Goodman name.
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

13. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    My Electrician doesn't feel the same about working Saturdays as I do, so I temporary wired it. When he has me install the new a/c I'll also fix the ugly supply ducting (it's a 60,000 btu so it doesn't need a base can not to mention with the old a/c coil only one inch above my blend) The drain is just out of the picture and they didn't want the pump, as for the hose across the floor, my bad .

Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    It looks like you have a ton of room why not make that furnace happier and put it up on a base can?
    The wiring hanging lose and the drain ran in hose across the floor are worthy of the Goodman name.
    Last edited by billg; 10-23-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

15. Likes buttwheat liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Looks horrible.

Post Likes
    What's in the corners where you did your 1/2" hem out?

Post Likes
    I don't like the corners open because they look bad, harder to seal and always seem to get bent. In order to make them like shown in one piece would be a pita so I just bend the 1/2 lip out in the cheek bender after I put the pieces together, then I make 1 1/2 piece as long as the cheek plus the hem on both throat and heel bend over 1/2" slide it over the lip and into the hems cinch them tight and fold the rest into the fitting and cut the radii. If you look close you can see the folded in pieces. I thought you would catch the corners, I wasn't showing the picture for the turning vanes.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    What's in the corners where you did your 1/2" hem out?

Post Likes
    Pretty sure I understand what you're saying. I just do the hem out and put 1/2" wide 1/8" thick foam tape on it. Seals up well. I typically only do a 1/2" hem out where my plenum sits on my cased coil. Most everything else is a fold in.

Post Likes
    I've seen a turning vanes once in resi furnace. I thought it was a hidden electronic air cleaner and I was about to be shocked.

21. Likes jtrammel liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Nice tin work! I really wish we had quality duct guys in my area. It's hard to find quality work like that.

Post Likes
    I live in BillG's neck of the woods and for some reason 99% of residential installs around here are drained this way. I couldn't tell you why.

Post Likes
    Very true, in the Milwaukee area more chances than not you're going to get hosed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andr00 View Post
    I live in BillG's neck of the woods and for some reason 99% of residential installs around here are drained this way. I couldn't tell you why.

Post Likes
    Nice sheet metal but I'm not sure there is any realized improvement for air flow on that system warranting that cost...

Question? Is it just an optical illusion that that furance is close to that wall and service for the furnace would been better if it had just been turned around to the center of the room?

No puky on those s & drives?
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Post Likes
    It's plenty far from the wall, no way would I put puky on my jobs, silicone only. I love doing sheet metal work so it's worth it to me, plus the way I look at it is that you only have around 5 tenths of a inch of water column to work with, you eat up 3 tenths of that with the A/C and filter so any improvement helps.

Quote Originally Posted by AllTemp View Post
    Nice sheet metal but I'm not sure there is any realized improvement for air flow on that system warranting that cost...

Question? Is it just an optical illusion that that furance is close to that wall and service for the furnace would been better if it had just been turned around to the center of the room?

No puky on those s & drives?

27. Likes HeatenCoolair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    That's because many techs think its a pos brand why care how well its put in.
    Brand means little to me the install MEANS A LOT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast