Thread: Vinyl tubing preference for drains - least to kink ????

Post Likes

Confused Vinyl tubing preference for drains - least to kink ????

wasn't sure where best to post this. we have been using braemic vinyl tubing and the guys are asking me to find one that doesn't kink. since vendors don't use the stuff i am reaching out to you all. any recommendations?
    thanks, Kathy

Post Likes
    Solid PVC

3. Likes heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    X2 ,pecmsg. T's,45,90's,unions,couplings,reducers,bushings and you can even "shape" the length of tubing w/ an electrical "heat pad" for electrical PVC and bend the regular PVC into any kind of angle. Or, with that goofy clear plastic drain hose that comes kinked. I put the roll of 3/8 plastic into a container of HOT water for a few minutes ,then unroll,straighten out, the tubing and "work" the few remaining kinks.

Post Likes
    Braemic also makes braided vinyl tubing (the kind with strings embedded within the plastic). That's the kind I like. It's a lot better than the regular stuff.

Post Likes
    We only use tubing for the discharge on condensate pumps. We use polyethylene tubing. It's more ridged but still flexible. Long radius bends on ceiling and it won't kink. I hate vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    For condensate discharge we use 3/8 pex. Kink free.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Braemic also makes braided vinyl tubing (the kind with strings embedded within the plastic). That's the kind I like. It's a lot better than the regular stuff.
    X2....., have also thrown in dryer to "loosen up"

Post Likes
    You mean like a clothes dryer? What the ...? I would have never thought of that one.

Post Likes
    1/2" cpvc is what I use then convert to vinyl at the last 6" before the pump

Post Likes
    Look at Tygon products.

Post Likes
    Is there any way of shaping a permanent ell in clear tubing? In Reading PA I saw some traps made out of clear tubing. Need this for a bunch of drain tubing on console units.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Is there any way of shaping a permanent ell in clear tubing? In Reading PA I saw some traps made out of clear tubing. Need this for a bunch of drain tubing on console units.
    Search "clear pvc pipe fittings" at Granger

Post Likes
    Need to use tubing not ridged pipe. I saw some clear flex tubing formed into a trap on a bunch of units and was wondering how it was manufactured.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolWine View Post
    For condensate discharge we use 3/8 pex. Kink free.
    How do you make the connection at the condo pump? Is the 3/8 pex pliable enough to stretch over the condo pump barb like regular 3/8 clear tubing or is there some type of fitting you have to use. I like this idea of using pex.

Post Likes
    unrolling the tubing rather than pulling it out from the center will prevent from having a torque built into the tubing. same as romex wire, you unroll it it lays flat, if pull a 40' section out center of roll it puts a twist every foot. have seen where this will cause the tubing to collapse in multiple twists over time. not an issue so much if unroll it.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated