+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with new foaming coil cleaning machine. Ultrosonic?

Post Likes

Need help with new foaming coil cleaning machine. Ultrosonic?

The machine part would be the frequency generator. Other part would be a thin viscosity cleaner excited by (the sound/frequency) generator instantly turning the cleaning fluid into foam. The penetrating cleaner fluid could generate foam from deep in core of coil pushing the dirt out. No need for a harsh reaction to the aluminum metal fins for foam to form and push out the dirt.

I only need help with the formula for the fluid cleaner and the frequency machine.

Any Thoughts ? Too futuristic for man kind or what ?

Easy foam cleaner! How about solution of vinegar and coil cleaner applied liberally to coil and then rinse with a baking soda solution or vice versa?

Post Likes
    Is it immersing or spraying?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by high**side View Post
    Is it immersing or spraying?
    Spraying, immersing would be better but more work

I have two vague ideas. A cleaner to be excited by a device, sound/tone/frequency generator turns the saturated cleaner into boat loads of foam. Other a 2 part cleaner makes a chemical reaction between the chemicals and makes the foam, not a reaction to aluminum fin's

I had an evaporator with poor airflow icing up and all. Coil fin's looked in good shape, I cleaned it in place with small weak pressure washer, no dice. Then I pulled it and cleaned it at a car wash. When I thought it had enough I then tried some foaming type cleaner that I usually avoid and the foaming action started pushing more dirt out. I blew it out again still at the car wash, reinstalled it and still no dice.

I then replaced the coil at the cost of the air handler and success. The home owner was happy with it. Her coil had fin's stamped into the fins, a thousand little slots. Slots in every fin between the tubes. I cut the coil open and found oxidized aluminum and dirt clogging those little stamped slots. Now I look for those slots before I clean a coil and tell them it should help. Those slots are a screwed up design.

(I only need help with the formula for the fluid cleaner and the frequency machine.) I was trying to make a funny here, but I would like to see it happen. I for one would like a better coil clean in place without removal.

Post Likes
    So you picture the ultrasound doing it's thing after the coil is sprayed or as it's being sprayed? What about a two part system, like the action you get with mentos and diet coke. Did you keep that coil as a test subject? I might have your answer, but I'll help you think on it.

Post Likes
    So you picture the ultrasound doing it's thing after the coil is sprayed or as it's being sprayed? What about a two part system, like the action you get with mentos and diet coke. Did you keep that coil as a test subject? I might not have your answer, but I'll help you think on it.

Post Likes
    A company actually was trying to market an ultra-sonic Coil cleaner back in the 80's. It had an ultra-sonic clamp that attached to the coil, and a small power washer nozzle also pulsed. They advertised it need no cleaning solution, just water. They gave demonstrations, and put a tiny bit of dish soap in the water, just to make the ultra-sonic more visible. Very impressed with the amount of dirt that came out of some old Coils. It was at a Trade show, and that was the first and last time I saw this. I always wondered which chemical company bought them out.

Post Likes
    Whoops, already posted about this.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in