+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dehumidification limitations

Post Likes

Dehumidification limitations

There is an inherent limitation in conventional air conditioning methodology that often results in systems that cannot provide adequate dehumidification, and compensating for which only comes at a premium price. DewAir’s RH Cube completely overcomes this limitation, and in the process reduces overall system cost and energy consumption. In New State of the Art we look at the patented technology introduced in the RH Cube and how it provides independent humidity control, and dramatically reduces energy consumption.

we need opinions visit www.dew-air.com feed us with opinions

Post Likes
    Welcome aboard. Supplemental dehumidification and fresh air ventilation are starting to catch on. We have been working on this for 20 years with limited success. Currently most major US a/c mfgrs are offering some form of dehumidification. Some better than others.
    Keep us posted on progress.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes

need your help teddy

Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Welcome aboard. Supplemental dehumidification and fresh air ventilation are starting to catch on. We have been working on this for 20 years with limited success. Currently most major US a/c mfgrs are offering some form of dehumidification. Some better than others.
    Keep us posted on progress.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    you know more than other pls have a look and you will see something that will change the industry standars ,, need your opinion .. www.dew-air.com

The RH Cube is a breakthrough cooling dehumidification system. Its unique, patented architecture straddles the gap between air conditioners and dehumidifiers. Until the advent of the game-changing RH Cube, the only way to control both the humidity and temperature was with an expensive, complex, and inefficient system that was out of reach of most customers. The RH Cube has changed all that by enabling independent control of temperature and humidity efficiently and at a very affordable price.

Post Likes
    There's not much technical info on the unit itself.
    What cools the cooling coil?
    From the diagram, it looks as though refrigerant liquid line and suction line connections exist.
    Where is the heat that the coil absorbs rejected?
    Is this unit "grafted" into the existing refrigerant system?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewgerry View Post
    you know more than other pls have a look and you will see something that will change the industry standars ,, need your opinion .. www.dew-air.com

The RH Cube is a breakthrough cooling dehumidification system. Its unique, patented architecture straddles the gap between air conditioners and dehumidifiers. Until the advent of the game-changing RH Cube, the only way to control both the humidity and temperature was with an expensive, complex, and inefficient system that was out of reach of most customers. The RH Cube has changed all that by enabling independent control of temperature and humidity efficiently and at a very affordable price.
    I can not comment on the price, but some have been using the heat exchanger concept for +20 years to get the max moisture removed per KWH. The heat exchange is a solid concept. Makes the dehu big and a little pricey but well worth it. My hat is off to you if you came up with it on your own.
    Stay in touch.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    There's not much technical info on the unit itself.
    What cools the cooling coil?
    From the diagram, it looks as though refrigerant liquid line and suction line connections exist.
    Where is the heat that the coil absorbs rejected?
    Is this unit "grafted" into the existing refrigerant system?
    thank you for your respond it is making me recognize that I need to clarify details

this is typically an split type air conditioner which a newly added set of counter flow air to air heat exchanger is added .. the set of air to air heat exchager works in similariteis to a heat pipe but is very low cost and much more efficent

through this achchitecture we are able to provide a cooling process typical like an air conditioner efficencies but its cooling process provide around 90 % dehumidification instead of the usual ??

we are trying maintaining low cost unit since it is a a/c at the be operating cost of an conventional type a/c

piping is the same as a a/c so is its controls ext

they are several ways to install this .. either can be combined to a centra system or stand alone

also got all the convinience of ducting filtering ext

Post Likes
    I understand that is part of a/c not an independent dehumidifier. Some dehumidifiers also use a heat exchanger to improve moisture removal compared to a/c or conventional dehumidifiers. They are in the 8-9 pints/kwh. Many dehumidifiers are in the 2-4 pints per kwh.
    With 75^F, 50%RH return, what would you expect the sensible/ratio to be with 93^ outdoor air? What is the extra fan power needed for the air flow through the heat exchanger?
    Is this a package that is being sold?
    Regards Teddy Bear

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    I understand that is part of a/c not an independent dehumidifier. Some dehumidifiers also use a heat exchanger to improve moisture removal compared to a/c or conventional dehumidifiers. They are in the 8-9 pints/kwh. Many dehumidifiers are in the 2-4 pints per kwh.
    With 75^F, 50%RH return, what would you expect the sensible/ratio to be with 93^ outdoor air? What is the extra fan power needed for the air flow through the heat exchanger?
    Is this a package that is being sold?
    Regards Teddy Bear
    thank you so much last question since I see exactely that yiu are so well informed

yes there are dehumidifier that are that efficient but I am aiming 12000 btu dehumidier and the best one in the market is 7 pints per kw and it sell to contractors at $3 K.. What I am proposing is a unit that perform at 10. pints per kw and that will sell for 2.5 $ k

million dollar question

Will I be able to sell this at this cost to contractor dealers in your opinion

more efficent , better performance .. more dehumidification at 20 % cost reduction

keep in mind I am no longer selling a dehumidifier .. I need to sell this in the HVAC trade which they are much more agreesive ..but they also have a infinite market as compared to the dehumidification trade

Please help me with more comments

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in