Thread: Can I remotely control the Aprilaire 800 Steam humidifier using the CTK04 thermostat

Post Likes

Can I remotely control the Aprilaire 800 Steam humidifier using the CTK04 thermostat

I am considering to purchase an aprilaire 800 steam humidifier and attach it to my DAIKIN hvac system. It currently uses a DAIKIN CTK04 thermostat with redlink wifi abilities. I wanted to know whether I'd be able to control the humidity of this humidifier remotely by using the honeywell Total Connect Comfort app on my phone or through the website.

Post Likes
    Yes
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    The reason I ask is because the Aprilaire 800 with automatic control will come with it's own humidistat. Wouldn't the humidistat conflict with the daikin CTK04 thermostat?

Post Likes
    Yes
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    So I installed a Neptronics SKR 25 villa steam humidifer in my home yesterday but even though the thermostat is compatible with controlling the humidifier, the Daikin DV42PTCD14 air handler does not have a humidifier connection on the motherboard. The technician said that this is very odd as motherboards normally have the HUM connection. This means I can't control the humidity using my CTK04 thermostat even though the thermostat has the capability to do so. Honeywell does not sell any interface accessories to make this work. They only sell a Red Link accessory to connect to a True Steam humidifier but you can't use it to connect any other humidifier.

Post Likes
    A