Thread: AMERICAN MADE - Split heat Pump Air Cooled Units required

Post Likes

AMERICAN MADE - Split heat Pump Air Cooled Units required

I am looking for an American made ductless split system Heat Pump Air Cooled unit comparable in form and function to the Mitsubishi "Mr Slim" product line. I am contracting for government agency that mandates all equipment used on the project comply with the Buy America Act. I've tried several manufacturers (Mitsubishi, LG, Trane, York, etc.), yet none can certify their ductless units split units are American made. Any idea where to go, or who to contact?? The "Mr Slim" was chosen by the Engineer due to it size and form as these units will be installed in space-starved electrical rooms. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Units range from 2 to 5 tons

Thank you.

Post Likes
    I have installed some mini-splits made by a company called "EMI" that were made in the USA. I also know of a company called "First Co." that says their products are made in the USA and lists mini-splits on their website, although I've never personally seen one of those. I recommend contacting both of those companies to see what they have to say.....

http://www.enviromaster.com/
    http://www.firstco.com/

Good luck.

Post Likes
    Yea, EMI was American made, not sure if they still are. Daikin will be building a factory here that is supposed to be making minis. Didn't know First Co. made minis. All the "big" names have someone else build their minis overseas somewhere.

Post Likes
    Were a federal facility and Mitsubishi's are installed.
    DOE and saving energy overrules the buy American clause.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Yea, EMI was American made, not sure if they still are. Daikin will be building a factory here that is supposed to be making minis. Didn't know First Co. made minis. All the "big" names have someone else build their minis overseas somewhere.
    Building is already under construction and should be ready to start moving into early 2016....

It's a big ass building, 2.5 mile walk all the way around it....

Should be producing ductless product out of there by the end of 2016 but realistically won't be until sometime in 2017....
    I need a new signature.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Were a federal facility and Mitsubishi's are installed.
    DOE and saving energy overrules the buy American clause.

Interesting take on it. Any idea where to take look into the DOE requirements superseding Buy America clause? Thanks again.

Post Likes

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in