+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Automated Logic - Opening Eikon Builder file error

Post Likes

Automated Logic - Opening Eikon Builder file error

Hey,

I am receiving this error below when I try to open a file in Eikon Builder. It should be noted these program files are currently being run by Automated Logic and were written on this PC.

"EIKON Logicbuilder cannot open InterOp equipment files."

The details below say, "This appears to be a file converted with the InterOp Conversion Wizard."

Thanks

Post Likes
    Thread relocated to the Controls Forum

Post Likes
    What is it are you looking to do? Modify the logic or just open it?
    Exec 6? 4? 3????
    You'll need to do a few things before you open a legacy file.
    You need (3) programs FB pack, Legacy Eikon, and Interop Conversion Wizard. Most likely it's already on your computer.

Post Likes
    Welcome to ALC legacy, everything is about ten steps harder. Copied from my notes:

1. Obtain the XXX.fb file from the M68 directory on the server. Go to the server or use WebDAV, you can't get it through the web interface. Some say you can extract it from the xxx.equipment file but I've never trusted that.

2. Extract the xxx.eik file from the xxx.fb file using fbpack, part of legacy eikon.

3. Open and edit the xxx.eik with legacy Eikon. When done save it and do GFB, make FB. This makes you a new xxx.fb file.

4. Run that xxx.fb file through interop conversion wizard and it will create a xxx.equipment file.

5. Use webdav or go to the server to dump in xxx.equipment file in programs and xxx.fb in m68.

6. Go to equipment and do manual command reload. Then download memory.

7. See you didn't specify exec level or zone program right in download error and restart the process at step 3

Note: interop conversion wizzard requires 32bit OS and 24bit color or better. Legacy eikon is XP at best.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Welcome to ALC legacy, everything is about ten steps harder. Copied from my notes:

1. Obtain the XXX.fb file from the M68 directory on the server. Go to the server or use WebDAV, you can't get it through the web interface. Some say you can extract it from the xxx.equipment file but I've never trusted that.
    Why not just upload the .equipment file, rename it as a zip. Then extract the .fb...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by control$ View Post
    Why not just upload the .equipment file, rename it as a zip. Then extract the .fb...
    First reason is lame but I heard from someone it wasn't a good idea to use that one. The file WebCTRL actually downloads into the module is the one in m68 so if you start with it then you know your starting place is what's currently running. People get confused with files and folders, all sorts of things can happen.

Second reason is if you can't get to the server AND webdav doesn't work for whatever reason well then you have to correct that somehow before proceeding. You can't get the new file in m68 without one of those.

Post Likes
    First reason is lame but I heard from someone it wasn't a good idea to use that one. The file WebCTRL actually downloads into the module is the one in m68 so if you start with it then you know your starting place is what's currently running. People get confused with files and folders, all sorts of things can happen.

Second reason is if you can't get to the server AND webdav doesn't work for whatever reason well then you have to correct that somehow before proceeding. You can't get the new file in m68 without one of those.
    10-4. I stopped doing it that way a long time ago.. Not to pick, just a question. How would the interop conversion wizard create a .equipment file with the wrong fb?? WebCTRL would show it needing to be downloaded. So no matter what you upload, your current. UNLESS someone really has it in for you.
    And your forced to do it that way when all the fb's missing.

Post Likes

2. Extract the xxx.eik file from the xxx.fb file using fbpack, part of legacy eikon.

3. Open and edit the xxx.eik with legacy Eikon. When done save it and do GFB, make FB. This makes you a new xxx.fb file.

4. Run that xxx.fb file through interop conversion wizard and it will create a xxx.equipment file.

5. Use webdav or go to the server to dump in xxx.equipment file in programs and xxx.fb in m68.

6. Go to equipment and do manual command reload. Then download memory.

7. See you didn't specify exec level or zone program right in download error and restart the process at step 3

Note: interop conversion wizzard requires 32bit OS and 24bit color or better. Legacy eikon is XP at best.
    Service Pack 3 broke my eikon...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by control$ View Post
    10-4. I stopped doing it that way a long time ago.. Not to pick, just a question. How would the interop conversion wizard create a .equipment file with the wrong fb?? WebCTRL would show it needing to be downloaded. So no matter what you upload, your current. UNLESS someone really has it in for you.
    And your forced to do it that way when all the fb's missing.
    ICW won't have an issue but then it's on the tech to put things in the right place. This is admittedly splitting hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by catalina_mike View Post
    Service Pack 3 broke my eikon...
    That is unfortunate. What we do is have a virtual machine, using software of your own choice. I'm using virtual box under windows 10 and most of our techs are using XP mode. We then turned off automatic updates but I think we were at SP3 already. To counteract this security mess we should be disabling the NIC on these virtual machines, you don't need it for these tools.

You could try reinstalling it, I know it works on XP SP3.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help on this guys. I have located the M68 file directory.

However, I am working with WebCtrl 5.5 and it doesn't appear to have Fb pack, InterOp, or Legacy Eikon.

I have another client with WebCtrl 3.0 that has Interop Conversion Wizard but, no Fb pack or Legacy Eikon. Does anyone know a general place to look for these programs? Do we need to call Automated Logic if the client does not have any hard copies as well?

Post Likes
    They are on the dealer site under support, downloads, previous versions, SuperVision v2.6 updates. Looks like all the floppy disks are there.

Post Likes
    Where is the dealer site?

Post Likes
    Dealer site is for super fly dealers only.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

14. Likes xarralu liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Bummer

Post Likes
    All that exec.6 software came with Supervision, maybe you'll find the old floppy's laying around. Don't even try installing it on a 64 bit machine.

Post Likes
    I get this error below when trying to make the edited .EIK File back into an FB on Legacy Eikon. Any Ideas?

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystems

C:\PROGRA~1\EMS\MAKEGFB.PIF
    Invalid program file name, please check your pif file. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in