Thread: Carrier Infinity System, Code 25

Post Likes

Carrier Infinity System, Code 25

Hello everyone. Have a Carrier FE4 Fan Coil with a 24AN Condenser. I had communication issue with original Fan coil control board, followed troubleshooting guide and had no other symptoms, and on the day I was taking board in to check for warranty, went into fan coil and found board On. I went and retried communication to infinity thermostat and we were back for about 48 hours and it was down again, no lights on board, no voltage issues, all fuses good. Ordered another board (Second hand new LOL ebay). Power on board good, but thermostat says control is factory programmed, cannot be used in different model fan coil with Fault code 25 on fan control board. I tried unplugging molex connector between Heat strips kit and control board to take off power, because I am in an attic :-( and it's like 120 deg F to reset control board but same results, on one of the resets, fan came on, but just for a couple of minutes but no communication change on thermostat and it turned off. Any ideas would be great, Is there a way I can reset thermostat so it can recognize fan coil with the replacement card, or am I stuck paying almost $ for a replacement control board from carrier? I also replaced wiring harness between Ecm fan and control board, no change. Anyone know how I can just wire unit non-communicating using regular thermostat for now on fan coil and condenser, funds are tight right now and $ is alot of money for a board that might work. Thanks for any input
    Last edited by beenthere; 10-02-2015 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Prices

Post Likes
    Sorry, this site is not DIY. Call a professional to look at the system. What you're doing will void your warranty with Carrier and changing out parts on a whim will only cost you more money in the long run because you can damage the equipment, injure, or kill yourself.

If you're insistent on fixing the problem yourself, AT LEAST have a technician diagnose the problem so you know what's wrong, then decide if it's something you want to fix yourself.

Post Likes
    I do not have warranty on fan coil, hence the effort to avoid paying so much for a card that would cost almost same as a whole new air handler. I have contacted other techs and they have no solution, or can not understand why i'm getting this code. I have degree in electrical and electronic technology and work with much higher voltages on a regular basis and feel comfortable working on unit, however, I respect your opinion. I was hoping for a diagnosis here, but if it's not allowed, it's not allowed. I own over 15 goodman's and 5 rheems and never have had this kind of issue with a unit. If carrier cannot make a quality bus communication unit, they should not try to reinvent the wheel on air conditioning. I'm probably better off ripping this one off and putting a rheem or goodman.

Post Likes
    sometimes going high efficient does cost more than standard efficiency even on the repairs.

Post Likes

Confused Carrier Infinity System

Ok guys, here is a brain teaser for you all. We have a friend who needed a service call who owns a Carrier Infinity system. Problem started originally with system malfunction, could not communicate with outdoor unit. after looking into possible power issues, found that outdoor unit control board had a bad resistor pack. Replaced it, it was back in business for about a day. Got another call, system malfunction, cannot communicate with indoor unit. After verifying onboard fuse on indoor fan coil control board, noticed the communication status light was off along with code light and motor light. Verified voltages again coming in 240vac, verified transformer, fuse was good, board took a crap. Talked to local carrier distributor, find out board is out of warranty by 2 months, bummer, almost $ for new one and my buddy almost had a heart attack. So after talking him into it, went to go remove board and WTH, board is lighted up, comm status off, regular status code. Run back over to thermostat, and everything installs fine and is back to normal. This of course sparks my curiosity so I started checking thermostat wires for any cuts or abrasions, everything seems to be fine. Unit works for about 48 hours and craps out again, this time board is out again, after several attempts to reset, no luck, 4 days later, board will not power back up. boo hoo. Go to get replacement board, plug it in, power up, thermostat says Control is Factory programmed, cannot be used with different model fan coil. Well manual says this will happen, and we just need to reset thermostat by holding advanced button for 10 seconds and go through reset procedure, however, after holding advanced for all the way up to 1 minute, it will not go into service menu !@#$%. So I call Carrier support, they want to verify version of thermostat, version can not be found on any of the other stickers only original part number and serial number. 4 days later, It's hot down here in South Texas, my buddy does not love me no more :-) talk him into replacement thermostat since carrier support could not explain to me why unit would not reset, $ later, install thermostat, same ****, buddy hates me now :-(. What in the world are we facing here, we hardly service any carrier units, have read manual up and down, has anyone run into this problem before and found some kind of resolution. I feel bad because for the money spent already, we could have almost put him into another brand unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by beenthere; 10-16-2015 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Prices

Post Likes
    This looks like the same problem in all your other posts..

Do your buddy a favor....call a contractor and you pay for it.
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    Merged threads.

Sorry, this is not a DIY site.

Post Likes

Carrier Infinity System, Code 25

Quote Originally Posted by jdscada View Post
    Ok guys, here is a brain teaser for you all. We have a friend who needed a service call who owns a Carrier Infinity system. Problem started originally with system malfunction, could not communicate with outdoor unit. after looking into possible power issues, found that outdoor unit control board had a bad resistor pack. Replaced it, it was back in business for about a day. Got another call, system malfunction, cannot communicate with indoor unit. After verifying onboard fuse on indoor fan coil control board, noticed the communication status light was off along with code light and motor light. Verified voltages again coming in 240vac, verified transformer, fuse was good, board took a crap. Talked to local carrier distributor, find out board is out of warranty by 2 months, bummer, almost $ for new one and my buddy almost had a heart attack. So after talking him into it, went to go remove board and WTH, board is lighted up, comm status off, regular status code. Run back over to thermostat, and everything installs fine and is back to normal. This of course sparks my curiosity so I started checking thermostat wires for any cuts or abrasions, everything seems to be fine. Unit works for about 48 hours and craps out again, this time board is out again, after several attempts to reset, no luck, 4 days later, board will not power back up. boo hoo. Go to get replacement board, plug it in, power up, thermostat says Control is Factory programmed, cannot be used with different model fan coil. Well manual says this will happen, and we just need to reset thermostat by holding advanced button for 10 seconds and go through reset procedure, however, after holding advanced for all the way up to 1 minute, it will not go into service menu !@#$%. So I call Carrier support, they want to verify version of thermostat, version can not be found on any of the other stickers only original part number and serial number. 4 days later, It's hot down here in South Texas, my buddy does not love me no more :-) talk him into replacement thermostat since carrier support could not explain to me why unit would not reset, $ later, install thermostat, same ****, buddy hates me now :-(. What in the world are we facing here, we hardly service any carrier units, have read manual up and down, has anyone run into this problem before and found some kind of resolution. I feel bad because for the money spent already, we could have almost put him into another brand unit.
    No DIY.

Do us all a favor and call a contractor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in