Thread: Trane 95XV, XL18i, & 824 Cooling Issues

Post Likes

Angry Trane 95XV, XL18i, & 824 Cooling Issues

Hello All,
    First post here so thank you in advance to the community!
    Equipment that was install in August 2014:
    Furnace: Trane - TUH2B080A9V3VB 95xv 80K BTU 2 stage
    AC Unit: Trane - 4TTX8036A1000A XL 18i 3 TON 2 stage
    Indoor Coil: Trane - 4TXCB036BC3HCB
    Thermostat: Trane - TCONT824AS52DA 824 STAT
    Humidifier: Trane - THUMD300

House is about 2500 sq feet in Ohio.
    Previous AC was 3 TON no issues until it died after ~10years.

I have been having issues cooling all summer long. Always running about 3-4 degree above the desired set point until night when it catches up. System runs constantly all day. According to the tstat 2nd stage is being engaged and it does sound like it. Contacted my service provided early summer and have been in contact with them throughout this process. One thing to note it seems like the system cools better with the front panel off of the furnace - the service team checked and said that static pressure was good though. Filter is clean and changed regularly.

1st visit:
    Added MJX oil to the txv valve
    2nd visit:
    Replaced the txv valve
    3rd visit:
    Collected diagnostics
    4th visit:
    After speaking with Trane replaced the inside coil
    5th visit:
    rewired the tstat to the furnace (now using the BX wire rather than both Y wires)
    6th visit:
    replaced the tstat and the control board

Its now been three hours after the 6th visit and the temp has only dropped 1 degree - The issue still has not been resolved.

I will continue to work with the service provider and have requested that we escalate the issue with Trane and have a Trane tech come out onsite ASAP. However, I wanted to reach out to this forum to see if anyone else had any ideas as to what steps should be taken next or things that should be looked at.

Attached is a picture of the stat with the degree difference and the status of waiting and a log from Nexia.

I am sure you guys will have all kind of questions so if more information is needed please let me know.
    Thanks in advance,
    Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    What is your supply temp? What is split difference? Has refrigerant charge been checked and adjusted?

Here is the AHRI matching number for your system.

5804309 Discontinued Systems TRANE XL18I TRANE 4TTX8036A1 4TXCB036BC3 990 820 *UH2B080A9V3 34400 12.00 16.25 1 RCU-A-CB All 262

As you can see this system shorts you on cooling BTUs for a 3 ton system. Might matter in your case.

IMO

Post Likes
    Are you using Nexia with your thermostat?
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in