+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Headlights for a 6v battery on a power wheels

Post Likes

2 Headlights for a 6v battery on a power wheels

I have a power wheels and I want to put 2 lights in front. Meaning not actual headlights. I don't need actually headlights I just want to run 2 bulbs in a space in front for the headlights, but my question it what 2 can I buy to hook up to a 6v battery without burning light out or using up battery in a short amount of time. thanks

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

You don't even need the 6V battery -

Just use LED lights with small dry cell batteries and they will last quite a long time. Probably months.

Bike shops sell exactly what you want as an LED light kit for two, three, and four wheeled bikes. We just installed a set on a classic Velomobile.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by zone709 View Post
    I have a power wheels and I want to put 2 lights in front. Meaning not actual headlights. I don't need actually headlights I just want to run 2 bulbs in a space in front for the headlights, but my question it what 2 can I buy to hook up to a 6v battery without burning light out or using up battery in a short amount of time. thanks
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    ok cause I have an extra 6v power wheel battery in truck already. So would love to run power off that. Can I run led light off that or is battery to strong?

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

You would need to source 6V LED's

Which is probably easy. Oh; here's some -

https://www.ledlight.com/s25-24-led-...6-volt-dc.aspx

They apparently make LED bulbs on all kinds of standard bases now. I converted all the lights on my boat to LED by just replacing the bulbs.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by zone709 View Post
    ok cause I have an extra 6v power wheel battery in truck already. So would love to run power off that. Can I run led light off that or is battery to strong?
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Im gonna take the battery out of my old lawn mower and Id like to get some of those high powered LED modules off ebay and make a nice flashlight.

Make a batterybox/case.... something to hold the modules..... and a switch.... maybe a rotary switch to make it variable brightness....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in