Thread: SaniDry unit problem

Post Likes

SaniDry unit problem

I have SaniDry Unit in basement, Few weeks ago it started to run without stopping. Tech from first quality basement cam and said that he doesnt feel hot air coming out but compressor is running.
    He told me I have to ship unit to manufacturer $200 for diagnostic. What can be wrong with it and how come nobody but manufacturer can fix the unit,

Post Likes
    Tell us more like the serial number and who was the manufacturer? These are all good companies. Many had occasional problems.
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Quality First Basements SaniDry Upright Unit.
    Serial Number F0933775

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdd View Post
    Quality First Basements SaniDry Upright Unit.
    Serial Number F0933775
    A skilled tech could repair in the field. Sounds like a coil failure. This unit was manufactured 7 9 2009. Coil change out is possible. New coil is available.
    800 533 7533 Justin for details.
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    I have a sani dry, 2011 it was installed and it just started doing the same thing. Dry basement who did my basement system says it is about $400 to ship and then I have to pay parts. Very disappointed in the product and a bit disappointed in Dry Basement systems for selling me such a high end piece of trash. sid 109 sn 08027

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by edu View Post
    I have a sani dry, 2011 it was installed and it just started doing the same thing. Dry basement who did my basement system says it is about $400 to ship and then I have to pay parts. Very disappointed in the product and a bit disappointed in Dry Basement systems for selling me such a high end piece of trash. sid 109 sn 08027
    Mechanical equipment breaks, it's a fact of life. Cars, guns, air conditioners, toys, tvs and on.

It's not the manufactures fault that your contractor doesn't know how to fix a broken dehumidifier.

Post Likes
    My SaniDry CX lasted about 6 years before starting to have issues. The blower would only work when "Fan Only" was selected and the compressor cycled as it should. Took it to a local appliance guy and contacted Tim and Nick at Basement Systems. They were great. Hooked me up with the replacement switch but also sent the Gen 2 update hardware. The appliance guy replaced the switch and installed the updated PCB. That was in June. Now, my fan motor is getting wet and tripping the GFI. I've verified my condensate drain pump is working and the unit seems to be draining well and is leveled properly.

Basement Systems Tim has helped me again with troubleshooting. Unit blows warm air so refrigerant level seems ok. Suspected unit is freezing up, shutting off, thawing and getting water were it shouldn't be. I just changed the defrost thermistor with the upgraded mount. Hopefully that takes care of it! I'm running it in the garage for a while before dragging it back into the crawlspace.

I purchased the SaniDry CX from JES Foundation Repair here in Virginia Beach. They have totally distanced themselves from Basement Systems and do not support the product they sold me. They would have sold me an JES branded Apilaire unit for $2300 though!

I am quite satisfied with the support I've received from Basement Systems. I do wish the product was better designed and lasted longer. Hopefully this Gen 2 upgrade will keep me going for at least another 5 years or so.

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread. Discuss!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddlejumpernva View Post
    My SaniDry CX lasted about 6 years before starting to have issues. The blower would only work when "Fan Only" was selected and the compressor cycled as it should. Took it to a local appliance guy and contacted Tim and Nick at Basement Systems. They were great. Hooked me up with the replacement switch but also sent the Gen 2 update hardware. The appliance guy replaced the switch and installed the updated PCB. That was in June. Now, my fan motor is getting wet and tripping the GFI. I've verified my condensate drain pump is working and the unit seems to be draining well and is leveled properly.

Basement Systems Tim has helped me again with troubleshooting. Unit blows warm air so refrigerant level seems ok. Suspected unit is freezing up, shutting off, thawing and getting water were it shouldn't be. I just changed the defrost thermistor with the upgraded mount. Hopefully that takes care of it! I'm running it in the garage for a while before dragging it back into the crawlspace.

I purchased the SaniDry CX from JES Foundation Repair here in Virginia Beach. They have totally distanced themselves from Basement Systems and do not support the product they sold me. They would have sold me an JES branded Apilaire unit for $2300 though!

I am quite satisfied with the support I've received from Basement Systems. I do wish the product was better designed and lasted longer. Hopefully this Gen 2 upgrade will keep me going for at least another 5 years or so.

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread. Discuss!

This thread is FOUR YEARS OLD!! Do us a favor and look at the date before reviving threads that passed away peacefully.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Site member map HERE!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    This thread is FOUR YEARS OLD!! Do us a favor and look at the date before reviving threads that passed away peacefully.
    Okay...