Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tube benders???

Post Likes
    yellow jacket with reverse bender. Oil and go slow.

Post Likes
    Love my YJ bender. Glad I have the Master Cool swaging tool to supplement the Hilmor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    yellow jacket with reverse bender. Oil and go slow.

Post Likes
    Been using lever benders for years. I still use them when there is lots of room, but sprung for a ratcheting bender last year.

Bought a Hilmor and stripped out the gear within a month. Returned it to the wholesaler and bought the Yellow Jacket with reverse mandrel. Been working great! You can really make bends in tight spaces with the reverse mandrel.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    ...Yellow Jacket with reverse mandrel. Been working great! You can really make bends in tight spaces with the reverse mandrel.
    Love this set up.

Post Likes
    I was a tech in the 80's for a company and rarely had to do piping but when I did, I preferred bending (Used my knee) to elbows because I thought it must be more efficient.

To think how many times I got yelled out for doing that, because it didn't look as good and was "The way we do it".
    Now, bends are preferred over fittings.

6. Likes Pelican3 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I apreciate all of the replies. I mainly do service so I don't use my benders much but I have used it 2x since I posted this and used wD40 with my yellow jacket ratchet bender it does seem to work better. I'll look into getting that reverse bender attachment

Post Likes
    Just got a TEMCo Th0029 reversing bender. Works great now but time will tell. Sure beats fittings.

Post Likes
    I have used the Yellow Jacket. Not much good to say about 7/8 tubing. I have a REMS. Perfect bend first time, perfect bend every time. Had it about 10 years. Costs more, but does it right.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawgrass Jack View Post
    Just got a TEMCo Th0029 reversing bender. Works great now but time will tell. Sure beats fittings.
    I just got this and what a pile of dung!!!!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Name:  IMG_2658.JPG
Views: 1739
Size:  103.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2659.JPG
Views: 1558
Size:  109.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2660.JPG
Views: 1568
Size:  110.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_2661.JPG
Views: 1542
Size:  80.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2662.JPG
Views: 1602
Size:  92.5 KB

The cps bender bends the 7/8" perfect without lubrication. It doesnt oval the pipe either. The only down side is that the mandrels
    do not have the lines on them to know where to place the copper to make the bend on a certain measurement. Maybe im not making it clear what im trying to say. In one of the pictures i have the 2 mandrels side by side the purple mandrel is the cps. I had to copy the lines from the yellow jacket mandrel. That part sucks but i made mine work. Well the cps mandrels are aluminum vs yellow jacket they are plastic. Also my cps bender comes with the reverse bender attatchment.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    Name:  IMG_2658.JPG
Views: 1739
Size:  103.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2659.JPG
Views: 1558
Size:  109.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2660.JPG
Views: 1568
Size:  110.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_2661.JPG
Views: 1542
Size:  80.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2662.JPG
Views: 1602
Size:  92.5 KB

The cps bender bends the 7/8" perfect without lubrication. It doesnt oval the pipe either. The only down side is that the mandrels
    do not have the lines on them to know where to place the copper to make the bend on a certain measurement. Maybe im not making it clear what im trying to say. In one of the pictures i have the 2 mandrels side by side the purple mandrel is the cps. I had to copy the lines from the yellow jacket mandrel. That part sucks but i made mine work. Well the cps mandrels are aluminum vs yellow jacket they are plastic. Also my cps bender comes with the reverse bender attatchment.
    I can't find that model tubing bender online. Do they not make it anymore?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    I can't find that model tubing bender online. Do they not make it anymore?
    Courtesy of the googler http://www.centurytool.net/mobile/Product.aspx?id=52847

Post Likes
    I got it from my local distributor called Tropic supply. They did not have the tool in stock but they do sell cps products so they called cps and ordered it for me. I would recommend you checking your local distributor especially one who carries cps products. Give them the model number. It's brand new from what I was told.

Post Likes
    I got it from my local distributor called Tropic supply. They did not have the tool in stock but they do sell cps products so they called cps and ordered it for me. I would recommend you checking your local distributor especially one who carries cps products. Give them the model number. It's brand new from what I was told.
    Thanks. So why did you get a second set of tubing benders? Are you unhappy with the YJ?

Post Likes
    Sorry, I just realized that you were the OP who was unhappy with the YJ benders. :grin:

Are you looking to get rid of the YJ? do you have the reverse mandrel?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Thanks. So why did you get a second set of tubing benders? Are you unhappy with the YJ?
    I wasn't happy with the yellow jacket bender. Yellow jacket is pretty good I never had a problem with one of there products, until this bender. The 7/8" would always kink or it will be oval on the bend with a bunch of ripples on the inside of the 90 degree bend. So I would always make a 45 degree then slide the bender down the pipe a lil but the make another 45 degree to give me the 90 degree bend I wanted. Also I wanted the reverse bender attatchment. So I bought the new cps bender that came with the reverse bender attatchment. Other people say they love the y/j bender but for me it didn't work out to good.

Post Likes
    I have the Hilmor and it works great. Does anybody know if they make a reverse bender for it

Post Likes
    I need to mark mine, too... Can you please measure and share the positions of the bend location index marks?

Post Likes
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  70.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  83.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  78.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by cornchips View Post
    I need to mark mine, too... Can you please measure and share the positions of the bend location index marks?

21. Likes cornchips liked this post.
    Post Likes
    On the white paper I wrote how far in from each end you need to make a mark. Use a square to make a straight line. For example the 7/8" die you need to measure in from each end 2.5"

23. Likes cornchips liked this post.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast