+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: What Song Popped into Your Head Today?

Post Likes
    Billy Joel - New York State of Mind

Post Likes

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I'm glad I just ate or I would be hungry! Church's is my favorite of all those in the video.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    A couple of years ago this one went round in my head for months.

http://youtu.be/rGKfrgqWcv0

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    A couple of years ago this one went round in my head for months.

http://youtu.be/rGKfrgqWcv0
    Those young people in the audience amaze me. I know I went to 30 or 40 concerts in the mid-1970's, and we never acted like that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Those young people in the audience amaze me. I know I went to 30 or 40 concerts in the mid-1970's, and we never acted like that.
    What concerts did you attend? Perry Como concerts?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    What concerts did you attend? Perry Como concerts?
    Haha, you funny guy. My secular concert going years were 1973 to 1978. I'm trying to think of some of them.

"Ladies & Gentlemen, would you please welcome to Cincinnati for the first time ever, Capitol recording artist, Sammy Hager!"

In a thick British accent, "Jethro Tull will not perform until the people in the hole move back away from the stage"

Doobie Brothers, "I just want to say right now before we go on that your people are really outta sight!"

Grace Slick with Jefferson Airplane in 1973 at Cincinnati Gardens after somebody threw a beer bottle at her feet, "Is something wrong M***** F*****?"

The Ramones at Bogart's in Cincinnati mid 1970's, "At this time we would like to take a request" followed by shouts and screams and I couldn't understand a word anybody said.

The Who 12/8/1975 at Cincinnati Riverfront Colesium Keith Moon says, "You're one of the best crowds we have played for". This was the best rock concert I ever went to.

"Listening to you I get the music, Gazing at you I get the heat....Following you I climb the mountain, I get excitement at your feet"...as several spot lights moved all through the crowd.

Allman Brothers Band
    Montrose
    Jethro Tull - 3 Times
    Emerson, Lake, & Palmer
    The Rolling Stones at Solder Field in Chicago -- Man did Mick Jagger ever have a foul mouth.
    Boston
    Led Zeppelin
    ELO
    Black Sabbath
    Jefferson Starship
    Atlanta Rhythm Section at the Univ. of Dayton, OH
    ZZ Top -- at least twice
    Edgar Winter
    J. Giles Band

Man, there were many more, but I can't remember them right off the top of my head. I do remember the one song Montrose did:

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo
    Grace Slick with Jefferson Airplane in 1973 at Cincinnati Gardens after somebody threw a beer bottle at her feet, "Is something wrong M***** F*****?"
    Then I don't get what you mean by "we never acted like that" in your comment about the Mumford & Sons song. All I could see were people rocking out to the song. Nobody was being disrespectful nor throwing beer bottles. People having a good time is what I saw.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    Then I don't get what you mean by "we never acted like that" in your comment about the Mumford & Sons song. All I could see were people rocking out to the song. Nobody was being disrespectful nor throwing beer bottles. People having a good time is what I saw.
    I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't trying to imply that the young people were acting bizzare or spaced out or whatever. I was trying to say there is a difference in the way they react to their music as compared to the way we acted in the 1970's. In my rock concert going days we either sat there or stood and just took it all in. We didn't bounce up and down and wave our arms around, but there was a lot of pot smoking and drinking which I didn't like because I didn't have to do that to enjoy the music. My point is that there is a generational difference in the music and in the way that young people react to it--unless you're talking about Grateful Dead concert goers because those people were a little strange.

We were more kind of like these ole geezers, but we weren't even this animated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXP4zkr8GIo

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    --unless you're talking about Grateful Dead concert goers because those people were a little strange.
    Hey, watch it Ex.

GD concerts were great, actually they were much more than concerts they were shows, two day events really. You just may have never found the Warf Rat section of the crowd and ended hanging out in mushroom city instead.
    Politicians need to be changed like diapers, and for the same reason.
    Mark Twain

Post Likes
    X2

Post Likes
    This song popped into my head today. I was thinking about a vintage stereo unit I spent about 100 hours on restoring. It was a 1979 Kenwood KR-9050 200 watts/channel. When I finished I played this CD using vintage Marantz Imperial 6 speakers. It really just sounded great, and the trumpet part around the 3 minute mark sounded so good. A friend who has passed said Chicago 17 was one of the best produced albums ever. He was a music buff.

Post Likes
    I saw Chicago in a real small venue i n Anaheim California back in the 90,s. I had just started dating a new girl and thought it would make a great date. Was never much of a Chicago fan, but they put on a real good show. Can't recall if I got lucky that night or not.
    Politicians need to be changed like diapers, and for the same reason.
    Mark Twain

Post Likes

Post Likes
    The pipe organ is my favorite musical instrument. And since it's Sunday...

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I had this one stuck in my head for about a week, several guys at work would ask, what the hell are you saying, so I'd play it for them and get it stuck in their head also. I hope you all enjoy.
    http://youtu.be/VhujEQhg764
    There are two ways to do things, Right and Again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in