+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuum Gauge vs. Gauge Manifold

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by superbanana View Post
    Should I purchase a separate vacuum gauge? Are gauges really that unreliable?
    YES!!! I now have…. SEVEN micron/vacuum gauges. 3 stand alone (Fieldpiece SVG3, testo 552 (not the 552i. But the one with two ports. The “flow thru” model)) and the navac MNV1 (I think is the model of that unit) then I have manifolds with gauges built in. The SMAN 360, 380v and 480v, then I have the testo 557. From my experience the ONLY vac gauges (from the ones I personally have bought) the o my vac gauges that are even remotely reliable are the ones built into the manifolds. However, the hoses in all but the testos make using them impossible. I know one thing for sure, this new vacuum craze in this industry has been one hell of a curve ball.

Post Likes
    Not to hijack, but did you see where FP makes a new wireless JL microm gauge with 1000 ft BT range? Advertising says it connects directly to the SM380 and SM480,.....hmmmm, those manifolds have built in vacuum gauges. If they're so good, why would I need one to BT to the manifold??? Things that make you go huh!
    I know, I know, they're getting the idea that pulling thru a manifold is bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in