+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liebert DS Computer Room Air Conditioning with a Lee-Temp Condensor

Post Likes

Liebert DS Computer Room Air Conditioning with a Lee-Temp Condensor

Good Morning>
    I take care of two Liebert DS with iCom control, Computer Room HVAC units with Lee-temp condensing units. The machine has two separate refrigerant circuits. New install July 2012. Has anyone experienced problems with the Lee-Temp head pressure control & associated check valve. Had one fail in circuit 1 last spring had one fail in circuit 2 last week. Emerson said likely dirt/debris from installation. Cut them out took them apart found nothing in them. I have had no problems with the second unit. Has anyone had similar problems. These are a Sporlan OROA heat pressure control valve. I'm not buying dirt and debris as the cause after 30 months of continuous service. My understanding is Sporlan has recently revised and improved the design

Post Likes
    Yes i have.

They are a mechanical valve like all other valves and have a chance to fail.

Dirt, oxidation, etc can tear them up.

Being low on gas can also make them do weird things.

Proper refrigerant piping helps with oil return thru the system. Oil helps the valves out.

Any chance they got overheated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I have seen issues with this setup. A refrigerant hose MUST be placed from the Service Valve of the Lee Temp connected to the access port on the other side during nitrogen pressurizing test. If you have something strange going on I would suggest checking for non condensables. I also have seen the Headmaster Valve plugged too. In that case the valve was making pulsating screeches which tipped me off to change it. Once you exercise the demons out of the circuit it should work great for a long time! During initial charging liquid line will be hot because the tank uses a dipstick type setup. As the tank starts to fill up past dipstick the liquid line should cool back down to where it normally would be.

Post Likes
    Thanks will keep that thought in mind. Little hard to cross connect because the Lee-temp unit is about 25 feet above on the roof, With no open penetrations available. To ensure a good evacuation was done, magnetic solenoid hold open devices were used so a good evacuation could be done

Post Likes
    You are certainly using the right line of thinking with the magnet. Those are great. What I mean about the nitrogen getting trapped is that it gets stuck in the Lee Temp. The hose can be a 6'. The check valve is what you are trying to work around here. That's why nitrogen goes in but won't come back out during vacuum. The service valve should be on left side of Lee Temp. There should also be an access port on the right side of the tank where you will want to put the depresser end of the hose. Hope this helps. I have pics too if needed.

Post Likes
    Got it thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in