+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BBC-SD Factory Reset

Post Likes

BBC-SD Factory Reset

Hi all,

How can I make a factory reset to my touscreen BBC-SD?

Thanks

Post Likes
    By factory reset I assume you mean to remove the configuration file.

The easiest/fastest way to do that is to write a zero to the "filesize" property in the configuration file. That will wipe out the configuration file leaving the BBC-SD the same way it left the factory.

Just remember that if you didn't upload the file to your computer first (atomic file read) you will not be able to undo the wipe you will envoke by zeroing out the file. The file will simply cease to exist.

Object Type: File (10)
    Object Instance: 0 (BBC-SD Configuration File)
    Property: File Size (42)

Post Likes
    My problem is I change level operator (3 to 1) and after to upload configuration file import and export SD option disappear from BBC menu I can't do anything without this option...

There is a reset button but it's just for reboot...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by black_syphilis View Post
    My problem is I change level operator (3 to 1) and after to upload configuration file import and export SD option disappear
    If you are logged into the touchscreen interface with level 1 permissions, you will not be able to perform access level 3 tasks. If you log back in at level 3 you will have full control of the unit through the touchscreen, including the ability to manually upload and download the configuration file.

Of course all configuration options are available via MS/TP without the need for a password. Simply upload, download or wipe the file via BACnet services atomic file read and atomic file write.

The SD card interface is meant to be a convenience for people using the BBC-SD as a stand-alone front end. If you are in that position and you have forgotten your administrator password, locked yourself out of the unit and have no router or front end to access the device over BACnet then no worries, we can still get you back into your unit! Simply contact AAM's customer service with the details of your device and they will provide you with a fresh password.

If I have misunderstood your issue please let me know.

Post Likes
    Problem solved.

I sent serial number and date to AAM and they sent me a master password level 3.

I think they should add feature to restrict the upload of the app without an operator level 3...

Thanks CylonAmerican

Post Likes
    Glad I could be of some help.

Post Likes
    Hello greetings I had the same problem, I cannot enter with a level 3 password, I only have a level 1 password, I contacted the company and the password they provided did not work, so I only have to try via bacnet, What type of interface or hardware is used to be able to reset the password or load a new program, or if there is any way to reset it from the factory and give me the level 3 password by default. help!!!

Post Likes
    What is it you are trying to accomplish with this BBC unit? If you really do need a password, one can be generated for you provided you give the serial number and the date of manufacture as stated on the device itself. But depending on what you're trying to accomplish you may not even need that.

Post Likes
    I try to restart it from the factory to obtain the level 3 password by default, since I have sent the serial number and manufacturing date and the level 3 password that they have provided me has not worked

Date: 4420
    SN: 4004120

and I have no way of linking to it from bacnet, so another option is to also find what interface or hardware they use to link to the device and to be able to do it from bacnet.

Post Likes
    The password has just been emailed to your hotmail email address. Cheers

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in