+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mistsubishi Mini Split Comm Error Off Grid

Post Likes

Mistsubishi Mini Split Comm Error Off Grid

Hi Guys, Dan here. We just installed an Outback 8kW VFX7248 fully off grid system for a client who also purchased and installed three Mitsubishi mini split heat pumps. The Power System is performing flawlessly. The heating systems.. not so much. The customer can light up each unit individually, but when she attempts to light up more than one, the each consecutive unit trips out on comm error. If she shuts down everything (From the breaker box) she gets the same results starting from which ever unit she first started. The HVAC guys would love to blame the solar guys (as would the lawn care guys), All my guys blame the HVAC guys. I've heard of adding caps to the 240vac input, but each unit is on its own circuit, there should not be Power Factor/ harmonic distortion issue. I'm blaming bad Sushi. Advise? Thanks db

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire Energy View Post
    Hi Guys, Dan here. We just installed an Outback 8kW VFX7248 fully off grid system for a client who also purchased and installed three Mitsubishi mini split heat pumps. The Power System is performing flawlessly. The heating systems.. not so much. The customer can light up each unit individually, but when she attempts to light up more than one, the each consecutive unit trips out on comm error. If she shuts down everything (From the breaker box) she gets the same results starting from which ever unit she first started. The HVAC guys would love to blame the solar guys (as would the lawn care guys), All my guys blame the HVAC guys. I've heard of adding caps to the 240vac input, but each unit is on its own circuit, there should not be Power Factor/ harmonic distortion issue. I'm blaming bad Sushi. Advise? Thanks db
    The Off-grid inverter has a generator power input? If so have you tried starting the heat pumps while the backup generator is assisting the inverter.
    8 kw inverter should have a peak power of at leat 16 kw momentarily. This should be sufficient.
    Power factor may be at fault. Some inverters can be programmed for powerfactor corection. Inductive loads will cause the powerfactor to be less than one.
    Capacitor banks could help.
    Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Outback has great customer service reps, give them a call.

But by having my own Outback system I can add that the Mate3 controller has settings that will address the issue you have expressed here.

Post Likes
    Best to add this important details too:

However, with out a grid connections the battery bank size/capacity and then all associated DC conducting wire sizes will need to be "up to the task".

Post Likes
    Is it 8 kw at 240 volts? Or sized from 24 or 48 vdc. Would not doubt that the sine wave of the power isn't compatible with the monk's or the FLA of the second mini
    starting pulls the voltage way down

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in