+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is geostar the same quality as Waterfurnace?

Post Likes

Is geostar the same quality as Waterfurnace?

Trying to decide between a Climatemaster Trilogy and Geostar Sycamore. Is the Sycamore the same as a 7 series? Any corners cut, anything to be aware of?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Geostar Sycamore is made at the WaterFurnace factory and is identical as far as I can tell. The area where you have differences is in the number of dealers and tech/warranty support. WaterFurnace makes but as far as I know does not support the product as that is where Geostar comes in.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    Geostar Sycamore is made at the WaterFurnace factory and is identical as far as I can tell. The area where you have differences is in the number of dealers and tech/warranty support. WaterFurnace makes but as far as I know does not support the product as that is where Geostar comes in.
    So would you recommend a climate master trilogy over the geostar? Same dealer, great guy!

Thanks

Post Likes
    A trilogy 30 or? The Trilogy 30 is not even in the same class as the 7 Series/Sycamore.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    A trilogy 30 or? The Trilogy 30 is not even in the same class as the 7 Series/Sycamore.
    My mistake,, damn names all sound the same! Not a trilogy 30, the trilogy with the Qmode, variable speed etc .Does that change your opinion?

Post Likes
    The variable speed trilogy is very new, i think it has only been available for a month or two so who knows how good it is. I do know that climatemaster inflated their ratings to make it "look" like it is more efficient than the 7 series even though it is not.

I am a big fan of the 7 series which has been tried and true for over 2 years. The climatemaster also only comes in 2 sizes so you may be oversizing or undersizing for your house since there are only two capacities on the climatemaster.

Post Likes

Geostar Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Seanu1 View Post
    Trying to decide between a Climatemaster Trilogy and Geostar Sycamore. Is the Sycamore the same as a 7 series? Any corners cut, anything to be aware of?

Thanks
    I have three Geostar units in my home (one for each floor). I have a 6 ton package, a 5 ton split, and a 2.5 ton split. All were placed in service in 2011. I have had nothing but problems with two of the units. One shipped to me with a faulty "intellizone" panel. After months of calling on Waterfurnace to fix the problem they finally sent out an engineer who determined that their system was faulty. I have had to replace two capacitors and two coils. I would certainly not recommend getting the Geostar unit. I do not know if the Waterfurnace brand makes a higher quality product for their name brand, but as far as I am concerned the Geostar product is crap. Let me know if you have any questions.

Post Likes
    I picked WF for the supposedly higher efficiency, WF edged out CM, but not by much.

Post Likes
    I personally like WF more.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in