Thread: Any thoughts on what these guys did?

Post Likes

Any thoughts on what these guys did?

http://www.businessfleet.com/article...-scion-xb.aspx
    Scion XB ad a residential service truck...

Last edited by Artietech; 12-05-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: added image
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Time will tell- We coudnt go that small- Fuel is an expense and if proberly calculated into you overhead you should be covered-

But I love the color scheme- Would be great for the parts runner

Post Likes
    Really looks great. But wow that thing is packed!! I don't think I could do that, I'm pretty neat and organized but sometimes you just need a little space to spread out. I'm a one man show and I was toying with the idea of getting another smaller fuel efficient vehicle for going to look at jobs, picking up parts, job meetings, ect. But I gotta say there's something to be said for showing up in that big Ford all lettered up! I think it gives a professional kind of look.

Post Likes
    I worked out of a ford transit once. That was just about too small. Back in a ford 250 now I can breathe and there is room for a trash can.

Post Likes
    Ok, I need that jug of gas on the bottom. Unpack, pack, unpack, pack. How much time am I wasting here? No thanks! Not for me! Space to neatly organize with easy access to whatever I need.

Post Likes
    I recently went from a full size van to a transit. I had to leave some things behind, but so far it has worked out really well (it's only been this heating season so far). I have a box of filters that I can easily pull out to get to the things that I need on occasion. Otherwise, with two side doors that slide open, I have access to everything I need without even getting in the van. Getting right at double the gas mileage!

Post Likes
    Service only maybe. Our KUVs are meant for service and installation, and the very next call could be either. I can't see my pipe wrenches, nipple trays, bip fittings, copper stubbs, ox/acet rig, two recovery tanks, pink and green jugs, recovery machine, vaccuum, install tools, service tools, 10/2 & 12/2 wire, 1/2 conduit...hell I can't even remember it all now.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Service only maybe. Our KUVs are meant for service and installation, and the very next call could be either. I can't see my pipe wrenches, nipple trays, bip fittings, copper stubbs, ox/acet rig, two recovery tanks, pink and green jugs, recovery machine, vaccuum, install tools, service tools, 10/2 & 12/2 wire, 1/2 conduit...hell I can't even remember it all now.
    I concur. I like be fully prepared when pulling up to a call. I have a lot of tools and supply's that I must have at every call. I can't see it happening with this little tonka toy. Just my thoughts. I do like the graphics design though.

Post Likes
    I saw an MC tank, and a couple nitrogen tanks, a recovery tank and a drum of 410a. Maybe there is some r22 and a recovery unit, vacuum pump, and some other stuff you can't see in the picture.

What do you do if you need to do a compressor change out?

Post Likes
    Strap the new compressor on your hood..... Haha

French Settlement, Louisiana, United States
    Post Likes
    I like the idea , but as a one man show I install as well as service. I have thought about a Toyota extra cab for light days to save on gas. Maybe this summer.

Post Likes
    Tin foil to protect resale value? The only way he can trade that thing back in is if it is reconfigured for conventional passenger use and a few tears and scratches you cant get away from in this line of work. The letter wrap is nice but beyond service maintenance, and sales/estimates only, that wouldn't work in our fleet. We now buy E-series to replace our Expresses (another topic) with a few years and around 75k as it makes it a little easier on wallet and I am not afraid about a little scratch here and tear there bringing down resale value. I hate ford is going to Transit only as with bins in them you cant fit a condenser unit, and sometimes that is needed so you don't have to go back to shop and pick up a box van or drive an extra truck/van to site just to haul equipment. For big companies who have dedicated maintenance contract employees it may be a good thing.

Post Likes
    I have a transit and I do like it so far. Better than some of the rolling vehicle wrap blind spots I have driven..

Post Likes
    2012 F150 XLT 4x4 ecoboost work truck with fiberglass bed topper. Works great. Have a trailer and cargo hitch rack to haul units.

Post Likes
    Won't work for commercial. The last company I worked for, one of the owners toyed with the idea of going to the Transit. He had me go and check it out and test drive, no thanks. It wouldn't have worked. Was doing Rack refrigeration work too at the time. Yeah right???!!! Payload capacity alone, not just space.

Post Likes
    I love my transit,service only. tried little giant ladder,never again.