+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 123456781151 ... LastLast

Thread: Oiler exam NYC

Post Likes

Oiler exam NYC

Does any one in NYC have any study info on this exam?

Post Likes

NYC Oiler Test

Quote Originally Posted by echo20 View Post
    Does any one in NYC have any study info on this exam?
    Yes you can read "Steam Plant Operation" by woodruff and lammers, the "Oiler" book from NLC, the "Marine Engineroom Blue Book", and go to Quizlet.com and type in "Oiler" or "Boilers" and useful stuff pops up. Good luck to you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pwalsh67 View Post
    Yes you can read "Steam Plant Operation" by woodruff and lammers, the "Oiler" book from NLC, the "Marine Engineroom Blue Book", and go to Quizlet.com and type in "Oiler" or "Boilers" and useful stuff pops up. Good luck to you.
    Thank you very much.

Post Likes
    I have been studying the quizlet app.Taken there quiz scoring pretty good 90-100 most the time. Do you think that all I need to do its the only resource I have to study I have read tru those books have basic understanding of operation is this test that hard how many questions? I have my refrigration lic for 12years is it as hard?

Thanks

Post Likes
    how'd you do?

Post Likes
    I didnt do to good I got a 70% I doubt they will call me. All I had to study from was the passbook nothing from there on exam. I'm pissed off wish i did better. have no other way to study need to take a class to do good on exam. Did you take exm?

Post Likes
    Scored in the low 80's anyone know what grade you need to get hired?

Post Likes
    Better chance then me probley need above 95 but who knows..

Post Likes
    My advise to people who want to take this test is dont waste your money unless you have real strong background or have acess to a classes to help you score high. Because if you dont your wasteing your money like I did!!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    I have a strong background, work in high pressure CHP plant and have worked in hvac service previously. Some of the questions were bizarre or vague.

Post Likes
    Yes I agree bizarre questions. I work in the biz too as watch engineer. Have refrigeration lic. But I took classes to get that. But who knows you mite have good chance of being called. 80s is not bad. I am glad I passed just wish I scored higher and had a chance. I have a pretty good job now Local94 so I cant be to upset..

Post Likes
    I took it yesterday and got an 82.5. my friend got an 81.25. I did both dcas and cuny. How bout you guys?

Post Likes
    I took it for both dcas and cuny. It seems like A LOT of people took this exam. It was given over several days with many time slots. Any ideas on how many jobs they are trying to fill? Do they strictly disqualify people that do not meet the qualifications of trade school or experience?

Post Likes
    I did exam 4010&4011.. How many jobs could there be I cant see there being to many jobs. From what I hear you need to get a 100. Thats from someones brother who works at HHC as oiler...

Post Likes
    A guy I work with brother works for HHC as oiler he said you need to get 100 to be called. Maybe his wrong I hope but from what I hear you need to score very high. I cant see there being to many slots to fill. What did you guys use to study? I just used that Passbook for oiler.

Post Likes
    I took the exam 1/30/14 and filed for both and got a 88.75 on it . i used the passbook and it was useless. maybe 6 questions from it .
    a lot of the stuff i remembered from my refrigeration engineers exam. i believe they will be taking with the selective certifications first. if i remember correctly
    there was about 7 - 10 certifications they were looking for .

good luck everyone and hope for the best.

Post Likes

Oiler exam

Took it 1/3014 scored 88.75 . I'm a plant tender for a city agency w a refer ticket . I spoke w someone this morning who is a boss in engineering at DCAS . He said my score is great due to a high amount of failures . He also said there will be some questions overturned due to them being too vague or having 2 answer

Post Likes
    I am close with someone who is an engineer for dcas. He told me there were close to 3000 people who registered for the exam. He also heard the failure rate has been about 70 percent. So if only 900 passed, and then you figure many will not qualify once experience is checked, and many will not qualify due to failing drug tests or criminal checks, then you cannot even begin to speculate on if you will be called. I am not giving up hope until I see my rank on official paper.

Post Likes
    Good point gives me a little bit of hope. Thanks

Post Likes
    I just wonder if I have any chance with a low scrore of 70. Refer ticket too and 23 years exp... And good resume..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 123456781151 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in