+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charging scale- What's your preference?

Post Likes

Charging scale- What's your preference?

I bought a TIF 9010A slim charging scale last year after my Dad snaked my yellow Jacket. I liked ok it until it just recently gave me absolutely insane readings. Changed the battery..no change.I was lost! I feel naked without my charging scale, and if you saw my 3 bill physique, you would want to help me find a good charging scale so asa to not feel naked. Any opinions? I am drawn to the accu(blue vac) scale with the solenoid valve attached. The thought of dialing in a charge and doing something else sounds really efficient. I know yellow jacket sells an add on solenoid for their scales, which I could steal back from my Dad, but the spec sheets seem to indicate that these solenoids need 120-240vAC to operate. Sure seems like a 9V battery would do the trick in a little solenoid valve. Can anyone confirm or deny the 9V battery operation on one of these things? The Fieldpiece wireless scale seems useless to me. It doesn't sound much better than walking away with your vaves open. I think I would forget either way.Anyone used it and found it worthwhile?

As an aside, I bought the scale at Johnstone Supply. They took it under warranty and are sending it to TIF. Any guess when it will show up again?

Post Likes
    I have the Fieldpiece SRS2C Wireless Refrigerant Scale, and I really like it! I didn't really see the need for wireless, but my contractor bought it for me and I have loved it since. It is nice not having a cork to get all tangled up. I have had it for over a year and have had no problems with it. Just my .02!

Jon Bennett
    River City Pressure Cleaning
    Maize, KS
    www.rivercitypressurecleaning.com

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=3G Mechanical;16467401]I have the Fieldpiece SRS2C Wireless Refrigerant Scale, and I really like it! I didn't really see the need for wireless, but my contractor bought it for me and I have loved it since. It is nice not having a cork to get all tangled up. I have had it for over a year and have had no problems with it. Just my .02!

Jon Bennett
    Maize, KS

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 3G Mechanical View Post
    I have the Fieldpiece SRS2C Wireless Refrigerant Scale, and I really like it! I didn't really see the need for wireless, but my contractor bought it for me and I have loved it since. It is nice not having a cork to get all tangled up. I have had it for over a year and have had no problems with it. Just my .02!

Jon Bennett
    Maize, KS
    got that same one...love it

Post Likes
    I'm in the market for a new one also...love to hear some comments.

---------------------------------
    There are people who live and learn, while others are just livin'. Don't be the latter.

Post Likes
    I have a TIF 9010A and love it.

Post Likes
    My company gave me the CPS CC220 and I like it. The scales that you can dial in the charge are bigger and I prefer to keep my tools and equipment small and light when I can help it.

Post Likes
    I like my new fieldpiece S3, but then again my company paid the bill for it too. Used to have a CPS that finally gave up the ghost, and I honestly did not use it that much unless weighing in a full charge post-repair. Most of the time, I would weigh-out and weigh-in from the truck with an old brass hanger scale. Charge by SH/SC, so no need to monitor a weight most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I have the UEI and it works well enough. Half the company has it and the other half CPS and I haven't heard any complaints either way.

Post Likes
    I have the Accurite. It has worked well. Wind does not influence the readings.
    Doug

Post Likes
    I would've traded my broken one with the TIF one my dad ripped off from me.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    My old tif crapped out.i bought a new wireless Fieldpiece charging scale.I like it,I wish it had an automatic shut off where you could dial in the charge, and it shut off when the charge was complete.

Post Likes
    I too use the FP SRS3 that has bluetooth, and I'm perfectly satisfied with it. I mean it's a scale, it is wireless with no hassles there, and it works with my phone or the handheld remote that comes with it. It's darn accurate and I can't see a single downside.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    I too use the FP SRS3 that has bluetooth, and I'm perfectly satisfied with it. I mean it's a scale, it is wireless with no hassles there, and it works with my phone or the handheld remote that comes with it. It's darn accurate and I can't see a single downside.
    Only .25 oz (10g) resolution.

All those batteries and poor life.

Post Likes
    If you want a really accurate then go for Accutools Accuscale, that's as good as it gets. For me I'm fine with the FP wireless. I charge water coolers that take 4 oz every so often and no problems yet.

Post Likes
    I can't believe no one is using their old spring type bath scale they had after they upgraded to digital for the ol lady! I'm sure some use the left arm and can tell by the difference in carrying it to and from the truck.

I have an Amprobe scale I use. It works well but has to be on a solid flat surface to be accurate so I make sure to have a piece of 3/4" plywood just in case. I had a a couple guys that tried keeping it in the case or putting it on top of the case which was firm but not solid. They didn't understand why it gave bad readings.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in