+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ladder Safety

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    All he needs now is OSHA to drive by.
    This reminds me of one I saw...Attachment 414381
    Now that would be a little freaky to climb
    Especially since those clouds look pretty scary! Thunderstorm moving in?
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Post Likes
    I wish I had a picture of what we did last week. A 24' stripped into two pieces, with a roof hook attached, then we used another 24' and a 32' to get that piece onto place onto the roof so we could run our linehide... Across the shingled roof. At the homeowners request ... wait for it... wait for it... For superior aesthetic quality. 24 linehide flexible pieces later......

Post Likes
    Looks like the van is also blocking the sidewalk by the ramp.

Post Likes
    Reminds me of a tech I worked with. Had to get to an exhaust fan, directly over a vehicle lift, in a dealership service garage. No place to put up the extension, so.......
    Dude put his 10' on the lift, then had the mechanic send him up.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    That is actually ok, this is the only way to work on cable connection. There are usually fold out hooks on the ladder.

As to the step ladder on the guys truck, none of his ladders would actually reach the roof, not the way I would go about it, but he is probably a young guy who thinks it is worth taking these kinds of chances to pay the bills.
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

Post Likes
    Lmao I love it and ima use it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HotWaterHeat View Post
    I see the cable and phone guys doing this all the time. If you look closely at the ladder they use, you'll see that the end that is on the wire actually has two hooks on it. The ladder is pretty secure at that point. Now if the wire breaks, that's something different, but I guess that never happens, since they all do it like this.
    Besides the the 2 hooks a lot of the techs I see here also use a strap that attaches around the ladder rung and the strand.

Post Likes
    Every time I see some ladder comics I think back to my rookie year. First boss was too cheap to buy a ladder rack so in the back of the van it goes. You had to prop one end on the dashboard just so to get the thing in with little room for error. I misjudged a bit and slammed the back door. There went the front window!

9. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    Every time I see some ladder comics I think back to my rookie year. First boss was too cheap to buy a ladder rack so in the back of the van it goes. You had to prop one end on the dashboard just so to get the thing in with little room for error. I misjudged a bit and slammed the back door. There went the front window!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in