+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Testo 550 troubles

Post Likes

Testo 550 troubles

I have been using my Testo 550 and now I can't get SH & SC to read on my screen. The sensors are working and making good contact. Any one else have this problem? Or is it time to send it in for repairs?

Post Likes
    I would send it in for calibration and maybe revision check or upgrade.
    40 years in the HVACR Industry

Post Likes
    If you are not getting temp readings then your sensors are not connecting to the manifold or the wire is broken in the connector. Make sure the connectors are plugged in before you turn the manifold on or it will not recognize the sensors.

Post Likes
    Nytefog, thanks for the advise on plugging it in first. You are correct

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno$ View Post
    I have been using my Testo 550 and now I can't get SH & SC to read on my screen. The sensors are working and making good contact. Any one else have this problem? Or is it time to send it in for repairs?
    All three of mine must be turned "off" and then back "on" after the temperatures have stabilized for the SH and SC to display.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Team from Texas View Post
    All three of mine must be turned "off" and then back "on" after the temperatures have stabilized for the SH and SC to display.
    Did you try scrolling through the screens before turning on and off first? I've never experienced that issue with any of my Testo manifolds (my firs set digital refrigerant analyzers 3 or 4 years ago now, I couldn't imagine life without them now)....I turned the page on my digital refrigerant analyzers book to the Digicool Ak900's. I've used my first set of Ak9000's for two years now, and only thing I had to do was get the better pipe clamp probes with the thicker wire. They can take a beating and work better than any set I've had to this date. The AK900's are not as sensitive as the Testo's to environmental conditions and durability by far. I like the Testo's but don't really use them much unless I need multiple analyzers at a job. Wish the Digicool's had faster reacting sensor, but besides that I can't live without them.
    I'm giving the new Yellow Jacket 67002 Mantooth's a try. They seem great for having a compact set of gauges, and I always have one or two smart phones on me at all times. I'm really hoping they are a good product. I ordered them but don't know when I will be getting them...plus I won't be in need for them too much until it warms up most likely....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in