+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XPSI Windows 7 64 bit

Post Likes

XPSI Windows 7 64 bit

Hello, I am trying to get XPSI for the old Barber Colmans to work on my work machine, which has Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. The version of the software I have gives me this warning message Attachment 377551

So, I think I am going to go with a virtual machine. I have never really set up a virtual machine before, but what would you guys recommend for XPSI? I heard it works well with 98, I have the 98se install disc, and that it has some issues on XP. What virtual machine software would you recommend?

OH, and I will be using the usb to serial adapter. Optimally I would like to connect to both the Microzone and the GCM. If any of you know of a better way to connect a serial-less laptop to a serial port, that would be great to know?

Any help will be appreciated.

Post Likes
    Personally, if you have an old PC with XPSI on it, go get yourself VMWare converter and virtualize your old machine and run it on your new PC with either VMWare Player (free) or VMWare Workstation (paid). I've used XP mode, virtualbox, xen, openvz, qemu and VMWare is by far the easiest to deal with when your in a rush and don't have a bunch of time to sit around setting stuff up.

Just make sure your work machine has as much memory in it as you can get and some storage space for the virtual hdd. I have a ssd in my laptop and use a USB 3.0 1tb external that has my virtual files on it. There is a learning curve to all of this, but once you do, you'll never go back to installing software again. Your old computers and already installed software becomes totally portable. I can be working on my laptop throughout the day, shut down and head to the office, then plug into my PC, boot up my VM again and resume working. Virtualization is probably one of the greatest things in the world for the controls world. I've combined 6 different laptops and pc's into one single external hard drive.

Just make sure to back them up on a regular schedule.

Post Likes
    Can you folks share, xpsi?, thank

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mrarturz View Post
    Is your email address in your profile?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gwilliams99 View Post
    Is your email address in your profile?
    Hello, yes it is.

Post Likes
    Check your email

Post Likes
    I dont see anything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Check your spam folder

Post Likes
    Any idead, what the connection cable looks like,
    Diagram, to prob make my own,
    Would it be rs 232, in a phone jack?
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Please can I get a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by mrarturz View Post
    Hi, my windows 3.1 machine has finally crashed after many years of service. Please can anyone share XPSI so i can set up a new machine? Thank you.

Post Likes
    Check my profile for my e-mail or search this forum. There's a link to download all the NW8K stuff you could ever want.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in