+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Station file save offline login issues

Post Likes

Station file save offline login issues

Ok this is what I have, I'm working 12 to 14 hour days(running Logmein in the background setting up another job remotely) so it may be an easy answer but I haven't been able to research it.

We have a server at the shop which my laptop is setup to go through when I'm at the shop. If I go out on a job and start setting up a Jace offline when I login(using my windows username and password), I am not allowed into my workbench tool, BBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT if I use the Windows username and password that the IT company uses it lets me into the workbench(my windows username and password is setup as an admin).

Now the second part of the problem-I'm a save freak, I love to save stuff cause bad stuff happens. I started going through all my stations that I have saved on my laptop and anything I have done online with the Jace never gets saved, ever. Every job I have a backup of I don't really have a backup because theres nothing that has been really been saved.

Is it a permissions issue? Has anyone seen this? Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Joey,

Regarding the second part, there is a difference between doing a backup of a Jace and having a copy of the station on your laptop. The Jace backup service does not update the station on the laptop. I like to use the station copier at least twice a day when working on a job to copy all files from the Jace to my laptop, that way I can run the station on my laptop if needed.

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Is the IT log in a domain? What account were you logged in when work bench was installed on the laptop? Are both accounts admin level? If it was installed while logged into the domain it will not be accessible through the other computer log in. If I select backup in the station sub menu the back up gets placed into a back up folder under the version of AX I am running.
    Last edited by hvac69; 10-13-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klrogers View Post
    Joey,

Regarding the second part, there is a difference between doing a backup of a Jace and having a copy of the station on your laptop. The Jace backup service does not update the station on the laptop. I like to use the station copier at least twice a day when working on a job to copy all files from the Jace to my laptop, that way I can run the station on my laptop if needed.

Kevin
    Thanks Kevin for helping and clearing that up

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    Is the IT log in a domain? What account were you logged in when work bench was installed on the laptop? Are both accounts admin level? If it was installed while logged into the domain it will not be accessible through the other computer log in. If I select backup in the station sub menu the back up gets placed into a back up folder under the version of AX I am running.
    hvac, the log in is in a domain and I was logged in to my account when I installed it, we are both administrator accounts.

I believe I was on the domain when I installed it.

If I uninstall and install not plugged into our network will that fix my issue possibly?

Post Likes
    If you are in the field you should still be able to log into the computer under the domain user and use AX. Is this correct? You may need to use domain\user name as the user when opening the platform. My general windows accounts are know only by our IT department. If you reinstall under the general windows account you will not be able to use AX when you're at the office logged into the domain.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    If you are in the field you should still be able to log into the computer under the domain user and use AX. Is this correct? You may need to use domain\user name as the user when opening the platform. My general windows accounts are know only by our IT department. If you reinstall under the general windows account you will not be able to use AX when you're at the office logged into the domain.
    Rgr thanks hvac

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in