+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much does a HVAC/R Mechanic make in a month?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    Not really, just dispelling myths. It was nice to know others could do stuff when I was struggling. People live by their paradigms. One paradigm I always hear is that you need two incomes in order to have a family.
    I absolute agree with this. I know I also come off as a braggart but I really am not, I just want to let people know they don't have to struggle to make a good living at this job and after struggling for many years thinking I was doing better than I was I finally wised up and got a good union job.
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

2. Likes ChaseAir liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thats like asking a surgeon how much he makes in a month.

Post Likes
    Average general surgeon around here is just under $200k, ER docs are about $189k, sure, they can go on up, but really most of them don't make much.

Especially when you consider the amount of debt they incur by 30 years of age

Post Likes
    As a 2 man show I'm about 400k before expenses, after not sure. My accountant makes more than I do I'm sure.
    Way too many hours, whats overtime?

Post Likes
    We do $700k as a two man show, and I pity my CPA. We ran $85k this month. I could stay home every day and run $400k per year

Post Likes
    Union supermarket tech in the northeast will see at least 120k in gross pay for the year, another 15k put into your annuity account, equivalent of another 20k put into pension, and paid health.
    Want to make more? You can have my standby, I don't want them anymore.
    Can you change out a couple of cases at night? They will keep you rolling till your head spins.
    If anyone is looking to make a move, the contractors in the New Jersey area are basically in a bidding war right now, too much work, not enough qualified people. We just got a weeks paid vacation not to jump.

Post Likes
    Most can work non-union, some can work Union, & few can have their own shops. Even less that have their own shops clear the figures which Chase talks about.

Post Likes
    I disagree with the statement of working in the union is best. By far, working as an independent 1 or 2 man operation is "better".

Union is ok in some ways. But as far as income, benefits and vacation, independent operator is exceedingly the best.

Really HVAC techs and installers ought to view themselves as doctors or surgeons. It is highly skilled work that takes many years to become expert at. Therefore we can easily make $1000 per day, 230 days a year, take 30 days off, and have every imaginable benefit. Minimum. Any location.

The common view of HVAC techs and installers is a low view.
    You keep bragging and bragging..tooting your own horn about all that money that you supposedly make, I'm starting to think that its all bullcrap!
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hevysrf View Post
    If anyone is looking to make a move, the contractors in the New Jersey area are basically in a bidding war right now, too much work, not enough qualified people. We just got a weeks paid vacation not to jump.
    Same in NY, my local is trying to recruit 4 service mechanic from out of state, been advertising through the UA, contacting other locals and still cant find nobody qualified.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    It ain't bragging, I'm just telling

Post Likes
    It ain't bragging, I'm just telling
    It always looks like prideful bragging from here, just sayin.

Post Likes
    When you say you make good money, is it also prideful bragging? Money is the topic, so it seems entirely within the bounds to discuss even details.

I don't get intimidated when others I speak to make $600k, 1 million, etc. I find it interesting and compare their methods and see if there is somewhat to learn.

Post Likes

How much does a HVAC/R Mechanic make in a month?

Making good money is all relative. I probably do $75,000 a year after all expenses. My personal bills are about 500.00 a month, because everything I own is paid for, so I would say I make good money. now of course food and movie tickets or not involved in my personal monthly bills, but as an old single guy I don't eat a bunch, and I have about everything I need in life, i'm a pretty content person, why not! I'm still alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    When you say you make good money, is it also prideful bragging? Money is the topic, so it seems entirely within the bounds to discuss even details.

I don't get intimidated when others I speak to make $600k, 1 million, etc. I find it interesting and compare their methods and see if there is somewhat to learn.
    It doesn't bother me, just an observation. Honestly I could care less what anyone makes, money doesn't impress me. It's just a necessity to take care of my family.

16. Likes Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Honestly I could care less what anyone makes, money doesn't impress me.
    Amen Brother!!! I heard someone say once, some folks are so poor, all they have is money.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

18. Likes Jigjoe liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Making good money is all relative. I probably do $75,000 a year after all expenses. My personal bills are about 500.00 a month, because everything I own is paid for, so I would say I make good money. now of course food and movie tickets or not involved in my personal monthly bills, but as an old single guy I don't eat a bunch, and I have about everything I need in life, i'm a pretty content person, why not! I'm still alive.

I'm with Mr. Bill, doesn't matter if you make $2k or $20k a month you just have to live within your means.
    Money can't buy the most important thing in life, good health.

Post Likes
    It all depends in what part of the country you're in. How fast and how reliable you are. If you can prove your value, you can get paid more

Post Likes
    I made $140,000 last year in Vancouver BC area as a union grocery guy. I just took a job with a HVAC company and will likely make $30,000 less this year. I'm very excited to see my wife and kids this year.

22. Likes buttwheat, Jigjoe liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Let's me just say as a service manager, I can buy this after a good paycheck Name:  Image1467874421.223405.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  254.9 KB
    Actually a pretty sweet flashlight for $20 bright and has a good magnet and slide feature... But all depends on location and company... I have made 3,000 a month after, and as much as 8,000 a month after... Never can count on a sure thing

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by brownbz View Post
    Actually a pretty sweet flashlight for $20 bright and has a good magnet and slide feature
    I like the black one better (different manufacture I think) you can do a half push on the button and switch from flood to spot and vice versa where on the blue one you have to push the button multiple times. I have had both I tend to lose flashlights and thermometers quite often.
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

25. Likes brownbz liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in