View Poll Results: Which brand(s) of ducted residential HVAC Equipment do you currently carry

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Standard

15 18.07%
  • Bryant

9 10.84%
  • Carrier

23 27.71%
  • Goodman/Amana

20 24.10%
  • ICP (Comfortmaker, Heil, Tempstar, Arcoaire)

13 15.66%
  • Lennox

19 22.89%
  • Nordyne (Maytag, Frigidaire, Tappan, Westinghouse)

10 12.05%
  • Rheem/Ruud

18 21.69%
  • Trane

22 26.51%
  • Whirlpool

1 1.20%
  • York

12 14.46%
  • Other

14 16.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Curiosity Question On Brands You Carry

Post Likes
    i agree on the call backs. One company i worked for we had alot of call backs on Goodmans that were <2 years old, most calls we've have on carriers or trane's were mostly older units that were still going strong, they just needed wear and tear repairs like contactors, capacitors, refrigerant charge etc.

Post Likes
    There seems to be alot of goodman/amana dealers here for the number of guys that bash them.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Luxaire/Coleman (york), Allied (Ducane), some Rheem
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Post Likes
    Trane mostly, some Goodman(I don't have a problem with Goodman and consider it a good product but EVERYBODY in DFW sells it). I have been considering Tappan in place of Goodman through Standard Supply but not sold on it yet. Anyone have any feedback on Tappan?
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Soil Sampler View Post
    Trane mostly, some Goodman(I don't have a problem with Goodman and consider it a good product but EVERYBODY in DFW sells it). I have been considering Tappan in place of Goodman through Standard Supply but not sold on it yet. Anyone have any feedback on Tappan?
    American Standard from Aces is our top line, followed by Tappan from Standard. Both great distributors who are well stocked, and provide great support. Tappan in nice stuff, and is recognized name with th 50+ crowd.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    I note there are no boiler in the survey and the only forced air i do is air handlers off boilers. Are we that rare outside the big cities?

Post Likes
    I note that we just had a poll about who hates to service Lennox. That is odd since according to THIS poll, more dealers carry Lennox than any other brand.

As of 2-22-2012 at 6:30 PM.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

Post Likes
    May I assume that you guys are only putting down your top brand and not all brands that you sell? I just don't see some of the lower costing lines not having a lot more votes.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Can we vote more than once? I sell 4 brands.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

Post Likes
    how come bryant is listing by it self from Carrer/Payne?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Neill View Post
    Can we vote more than once? I sell 4 brands.
    Don't know if you can vote more then once, but you can put down as many brands as you want when you vote.

Someone should have specified this.....
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    You left off the Allied Air brands from Lennox; Armstrong, Ducane, Air Ease, Concord, AireFlo.
    You beat me to it BL... two of these (bold) are my 'bread and butter' lines now.

Still use R/R for high end stuff.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    You left off the Allied brands of Lennox. Armstrong, Ducane, Air Ease, Concord, AireFlo.
    whats your opinion of ducane?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    We had a Ducane distributor here for a few years, several years ago.

Sold a few furnaces, and lots of condensing units. I really liked that they carried a dedicated "old-style" horizontal gas furnace. Made lots of change-outs a lot easier.

The condensing units were fine, except that they had a lot of sharp edges.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    Ducane and Concorde are the 'builder' grade from Allied air.

Yes, Ducane offers (still do) a dedicated horizontal (I get them by special order, 2 days away). The condensers look similar to the lite brown Goodmans in the early 2000's.

The furnaces are ALL the same, they ALL (Allied Air and Lennox) come from the Marshalltown Lennox plant. As others have said... the differences between Lennox and Allied Air are diminishing.

I have put Ducane in lots of rentals and low budget commercial installs... they seem to work fine. The AC and HP have a high pressure switch, but no low pressure switch... I would prefer both. Otherwise, they are just another cube shaped condenser or HP. The coils are ADP with MicroBan.

Allied Air offers the 10 yr warranty on all their lines (registered by HO).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I haven't seen any of Lennox's subsidiaries up north, mostly just Lennox Branded gear up here. Even at the parts plus stores i've never seen their variants. Decent equipment? My first company I worked for would brand themselves as a "trane dealer" but they would honestly sell anything a customer wanted which made things complicated. We sold Trane to our higher end clients, rheem and goodman to economy customers, if someone requested carrier we would do it for them it was real complicated but I had a good feel for the brands, I personally wasn't a fan of Goodman, we would have issues with units <5 years old all the time and pretty big repairs too. Second company I worked for we did Bryant commercial and I had no issues with their rooftop units.

Company I work for now is Carrier/Payne dealer, expensive gear but like Trane it has a great reputation and longevity

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Am STD is your favorite??? I just lost all confidence in you!!!

Just kidding, that was our main line until a year ago. We sold hundreds if not thousands of the AUY and AUH2. Good solid equipment, the support has been lacking from our distributor, so when Lennox came looking for another dealer we signed up as a Premier dealer and the support has been vastly superior to the local Am St distributor. Now we sell almost exclusively Lennox.

ing rand has destroyed the support that previously was there for both as and trane. the building in tyler texas that was once full of people is now a ghost town

Post Likes
    1. Trane (higher end resi clients, primarily for commercial spec jobs, hate their "cheap" resi equipment.

2. Goodman (economic choice for both resi and commercial change out market)

3. Tempstar (new const and rent houses)

Not afraid to sell other products and I do sell a small amount of Bryant. My company was almost exclusively Bryant for about 20 years up until about 1999. Had way too many warranty problems with their equipment and then started selling Tappan for about five years.

Haven't sold Tappan in about 7 or 8 years but we loved the Nordyne products, the local distributor just wasnt providing the proper support for the product. Nobody replaced Tappan in this market when they were dropped. We looked at Frigidaire and Westinghouse but wasn't overly happy with their respective distributors.
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"-Dr. Strangelove (1964)

Post Likes
    I have been selling Trane for the last year and a half now. So far I am very satisfied with them. The company I previously worked for sold mostly Lennox with some AS and Carrier.

Post Likes
    Goodman ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in