+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAP 1810 gateway not connecting

Post Likes

MAP 1810 gateway not connecting

We just received two new MAP1810 tools. I was able to connect via WiFi to the MAP, however, the redirect or the attempt to manually connect to the map gateway does not work. Nothing loads.
    Addtionally, I tried to connect to the BAS via a tstat (SA BUS), and and will not discover anything either. I thought maybe I needed to update the MAP1810, but I cannot even access the gateway to do this. Any ideas why it wont connect to gateway? I have power, slow Fault light while connected to stat, and SA/FC BUS light flashing also.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BHord View Post
    We just received two new MAP1810 tools. I was able to connect via WiFi to the MAP, however, the redirect or the attempt to manually connect to the map gateway does not work. Nothing loads.
    Addtionally, I tried to connect to the BAS via a tstat (SA BUS), and and will not discover anything either. I thought maybe I needed to update the MAP1810, but I cannot even access the gateway to do this. Any ideas why it wont connect to gateway? I have power, slow Fault light while connected to stat, and SA/FC BUS light flashing also.
    1) make sure it's at the latest patch -> MAP build 4.2.0.801 you can find this on JCI site.

2) When you have the zip file, LOG into the web browser and log into the MAP tool. You'll have an option to upgrade the MAP tool via web.

3) Once that is done, connect to the MAP via web browser again with it plugged into the SA bus. It'll scan and find controllers.

if you can discover devices, it's just a matter of setting up couple more things for the upload\download.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    1) make sure it's at the latest patch -> MAP build 4.2.0.801 you can find this on JCI site.

2) When you have the zip file, LOG into the web browser and log into the MAP tool. You'll have an option to upgrade the MAP tool via web.

3) Once that is done, connect to the MAP via web browser again with it plugged into the SA bus. It'll scan and find controllers.

if you can discover devices, it's just a matter of setting up couple more things for the upload\download.
    When I get to step 2, the web browser throws an error and won’t display the map gateway.

Post Likes
    FYI There is a newer version of 5.0 but I do not know where to actually find/link it. Does anyone know where?

For most browsers I’ve had to type in the actual IP address for it to work, or like with chrome it comes up unsafe and have to click proceed anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Both ways get errors.

Post Likes

error

Both ways get errors.

what's the error

Post Likes
    Also version 5 requires a special tool to upgrade the software -> MAP Update Tool User's Guide (LIT-12012979).

Post Likes
    what's the error

Post Likes
    what's the error

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Looks like there is a redirect going on. I’ve seen this quite a few times.
    Could be malware, or your company may have some type of security software running on your PC.

Post Likes
    Try getting to it with your phone or ipad

Post Likes
    BHord,
    Just had one dropped on my desk yesterday afternoon. Tried to access with my Laptop WiFi. No dice. Finally ended up disconnecting the wired ethernet and used Mozilla Firefox and connected (after multiple failures with Chrome). I had to connect with my Smarty Phone to confirm it was working before resorting to Mozilla.

I did have to do the reset 3 times to finally get back to factory default settings.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCIman View Post
    Could be malware, or your company may have some type of security software running on your PC.
    The redirect comes up with it initially connects to the MAP network, and redirects to mapgwy.com which then loads nothing as shown in screen 1 figure. This computer is a clean install of windows, straight from MS, not from a manufacturer, and no virus blockers, etc have been installed. I additionally tried temporarily disabling the firewalls on the computer, which did not solve the issue.

I would think, regardless of the system version on the BAS within the facility, I still should be able to connect to mapgwy.com as this is just accessing the MAP Tool itself initially? I tried the iphone with the same issue. Could utilizing a USB work as a work around to communicate initially with the MAP in order to check firmware, etc?

Post Likes
    What is the msftconnecttest.com/redirect in your address bar? It still seems to me that something is hijacking your connection.
    You should be able to connect with your phone at least. We have been seeing allot of issues with windows 10.
    The USB is used to connect to it via the MUT tool, which is how you upgrade it to ver 5.0.
    I would try resetting it to factory defaults.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    BHord,
    Just had one dropped on my desk yesterday afternoon. Tried to access with my Laptop WiFi. No dice. Finally ended up disconnecting the wired ethernet and used Mozilla Firefox and connected (after multiple failures with Chrome). I had to connect with my Smarty Phone to confirm it was working before resorting to Mozilla.

I did have to do the reset 3 times to finally get back to factory default settings.

When you setup the MAP did you choose the option to 'select and forget' (refuse) the WIFI SSID? If you log into the device without choosing this the first time, next time it won't connect. You need to log into your PC and under the network devices deselect this. Reboot and try it again - that tri-fold document that's in the box that know one reads says to do this.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCIman View Post
    2 different computers, same situation. mapgwy.com will not load. Hmm...

Post Likes
    Remember the days you had to plug in a cable and it just worked?
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Remember the days you had to plug in a cable and it just worked?
    You mean a Direct Connection ? What a novel concept ! ;-)
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    The redirect comes up with it initially connects to the MAP network, and redirects to mapgwy.com which then loads nothing as shown in screen 1 figure. This computer is a clean install of windows, straight from MS, not from a manufacturer, and no virus blockers, etc have been installed. I additionally tried temporarily disabling the firewalls on the computer, which did not solve the issue.

I would think, regardless of the system version on the BAS within the facility, I still should be able to connect to mapgwy.com as this is just accessing the MAP Tool itself initially? I tried the iphone with the same issue. Could utilizing a USB work as a work around to communicate initially with the MAP in order to check firmware, etc?

Factory reset the MAP tool and start again with the default password.
    1) Press and hold the reset button until the Fault LED changes to Fast Flicker behavior (approx. 6 secs)
    2) Release the reset button within 3 seconds of the change to Fast Flicker. The Fault LED continues to Fast Flicker.
    3) Press and immediately release the reset button to confirm that you wish to reset to factory defaults.
    4) With a factory reset, the default password becomes Map-xxxxxx where xxxxxx is the last 6 Ethernet MAC address digits. We use the same default passwords for the Wi-Fi passphrase and Admin password. For example look for the E and the MAC address, so E 50-8C-B1-22-BD-52 becomes Map-22BD52.

The approved web browsers
    Windows® Internet Explorer® 10 and Windows Internet Explorer 11, Apple® Safari® 6.1 and later, and Google® Chrome™

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in