+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Home

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by twinrivers View Post
    I will say its good but not perfect! Why is the HRV hard mounted? Usually comes with springs for the unit to be hung-no issue with vibration transferring the noise. Also why did you make a transition to the coil box? They are designed to site directly on the furnace
    Lol..... ok. The ERV that I purchased comes with brackets attached for mounting. There are rubber isolation pads used when attached. I have no vibration or excess noise complaints. I install transitions between my furnace and coil whenever possible. This gives me a great spot for static pressure testing. I find it also lowers the coil pressure drop a little below manufacture data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yes... one 'can' stack a coil directly on a furnace... however a short transition helps with airflow through the coil as well as keeping the heat from the HXE back from the coil pan.

There is nothing wrong with placing the coil away from the furnace... Carrier and ICP offer factory transitions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Personally I think this is pure artwork with functionality. I’d have my living room set up around this. My one question though is, are you not using how water? Or not living there yet? Only reason I ask is because that navien looks like it’s unplugged.

Awesome work!

4. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    This install is in the Sept. issue of SNIPS magazine.

6. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman0880 View Post
    Personally I think this is pure artwork with functionality. I’d have my living room set up around this. My one question though is, are you not using how water? Or not living there yet? Only reason I ask is because that navien looks like it’s unplugged.

Awesome work!

Thank you! I put a lot of time and effort into the metal. Yes the house was new construction so water heater was not done at the time of picture. All up and running now.

Post Likes
    That’s awesome man! I’m about to do something similar in my uncles house. Wanna do it w/o canvas’s like you did. I know you already said you haven’t had any vibration/noise issues. But have you ever had problems w/ hard ducting everything?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Shiny!

Looks great. I like the elevated furnace to make use of the large air filter. I predict your house will be very comfortable.
    I didnt even notice that .... yea thats bad ass

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pres1227 View Post
    That’s awesome man! I’m about to do something similar in my uncles house. Wanna do it w/o canvas’s like you did. I know you already said you haven’t had any vibration/noise issues. But have you ever had problems w/ hard ducting everything?
    No. There’s just less room for error. If you’re making everything on site it’s not that big of a deal. I usually make all my fittings before I do the job, so my pre measurements are critical.

Post Likes
    It looks great . . . as always.

Question, all the ERV's I have installed require insulated duct to the outside, this doesn't need it or will be installed later?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    It looks great . . . as always.

Question, all the ERV's I have installed require insulated duct to the outside, this doesn't need it or will be installed later?
    Thanks! I insulated the ducts connecting to the outside after. I don’t like flex unless it’s straight runs so I did metal pipe here. Then insulated with R8 after the fact.

Post Likes
    Beautiful work! Changing the residential world one install at a time! Keep up the outstanding work! To those saying that venting needs to be higher, how do you know? Are you familiar with the snow fall totals in Grand Blanc? I'm curious, because I live in Minnesnowta and my vent pipes are about the same distance off the ground and I've never had them buried in snow.
    Wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

In your darkest hour, when the demons come, call on me brother and we shall fight them together.

A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    Having a home built. Finished up the metal today. Installed an ERV, pretty excited for that. Never had one, never installed one. Also picked up a Ultra-Aire 70H to make Teddy Bear happy. I made some videos installing this and making some fittings. I’m gonna figure out how to edit and load to YouTube. Once I figure it out I’ll post a link.

On the R/A why a change elbow, offset and then a offsetting transiton? You could have had the Elbow, one Transtioning offset and a tap.......

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Super, big thumbs up, I love seeing your work.
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

16. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    nicd

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Drop the mic! Democrats can stop crying about global warming, I think you made the world 2 or 3 degrees cooler with that masterpiece. Flawless. Keep posting.

19. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWK 87 View Post
    Drop the mic! Democrats can stop crying about global warming, I think you made the world 2 or 3 degrees cooler with that masterpiece. Flawless. Keep posting.
    Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in