+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Technican looking for sponsor to relocate from Canada to U.S.

Post Likes

Cool Technican looking for sponsor to relocate from Canada to U.S.

Howdy!

30 year old HVACR technician/mechanic seeking employment. Looking for a U.S. employer to sponsor me.
    Over 10+ years experience in the trade.
    Working on a variety of systems on the HVAC side of things from Daikin to Emerson. Split systems, RTU's & AHU's.
    Refrigeration experience with small commercial systems such as walk in coolers/freezers.
    Experience with commercial kitchen equipment + exhaust fans.

Devoted hard working individual that is always willing to learn new things.
    Currently living in Vancouver, Canada.

Pretty much open to relocate anywhere in the U.S!

Haven't listed my complete resume & experience as its private, but if you're willing to learn more about me reply to this thread and we can exchange emails!

Warm Regards!

Post Likes
    Any commercial experience? Boilers, chillers, VAV, DDC controls, etc.?

Post Likes
    Could you actually get to the USA right now (or anytime soon) if you wanted to? I have heard it is very tough for USA citizens to get permission to enter Canada right now. I live in Minnesota, which has a town that sits on top of a lake that is surrounded by Canadian land (The city is called NW Angle). If people who live here want to leave and go to the next nearest US city they either need to take a boat for 30 miles, or an airplane. Canada is not granting them permission to drive through Canada right now (except for emergency situations).
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    Yeah man. You just have to fly in. You can fly into Canada but you need to quarentine for at least 10 days. If you wanted to travel to the U.S. or Canada via land it would have to be essential or you would have to be a citizen/P.R for them to let you in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JFosterSC View Post
    Any commercial experience? Boilers, chillers, VAV, DDC controls, etc.?

A little bit of everything yessir.

Post Likes
    I am not sure what is involved in a sponsorship, but if you would be interested in South Carolina then i would like to see your resume. Send me your email and I can tell you about our company and discuss if it is something you would be interested in.

7. Likes flangatang7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It's much easier to come from the south right now.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JFosterSC View Post
    I am not sure what is involved in a sponsorship, but if you would be interested in South Carolina then i would like to see your resume. Send me your email and I can tell you about our company and discuss if it is something you would be interested in.
    you have a link to the company in question?

Post Likes
    Howdy Cousin!

You sound just like what I am looking for here. I work on everything you listed and I am an American Standard Dealer, we are also a Dealer of Bosch and Airtemp(R E Michel Company) Branded equipment. My company is Repair Monkey Service Group, www.repairmonkeyservicegroup.com is the web address and email me at admin@repairmonkeyservicegroup.com, my name is Aaron. The weather can get hot and sticky here in the summers and freezing cold in the winters, LOL as if it would even begin to compare to the cold up there, aye, but it is more of a wet cold here, just as it is a wet heat as well. We are located in the Northwest part of the state of Louisiana in Bossier City, right next to Shreveport and pretty much considered Texans by the rest of the state, and I have given thought to relocating into Texas on many occasions since we are just 23 miles from the state line. Drop us a line if you are interested, or if you just want to say Hey! either way, I am open to answer questions and give my opinions, for what they are worth. I look forward to chatting with you, regards, Aaron
    "Orange Man RAD!"

11. Likes flangatang7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    we could use you on our team here in western NC. I am a tech at a med/large res-comm company. We normally employ 10 technicians. We are currently at 7. I am sure the upper management would love to take a closer look at your credentials. our web page is www.rutherfordheatingandair.com on there you can find my bosses email. mine is listed on my profile. hit me up for more details. top pay for the southeast region. we are located between Asheville and Charlotte North Carolina. Our service area includes a 2.5 hour radius surrounding our home town of Spindale. I have worked here just over 5 yrs now. Our company grows by 1/3 every year. we are not the biggest company out there but our yearly numbers reflect that we are. Service Techs here are only on call on the weekend. We are not a 24/7 company. If a client does not call the office before 5pm during the week they must wait for service the following day. This is a hard to find opportunity in this business (week nights off). We do however offer all the overtime a worker can handle. Check us out! We service all makes and models but currently sell Carrier Bosch Rheem Goodman Mitsubishi (residential) and also Daiken and Trane and York commercial. Also very little boilers and no chillers. We do not service or install refer equipment (no coolers, freezers, walk ins etc) Thanks.. Norm
    Say "I just need a little Freon" one more time!

13. Likes flangatang7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    If I were you I would look into UA contractors in the Seattle area local 32. The base wage for journeyman is like $57/hr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs View Post
    If I were you I would look into UA contractors in the Seattle area local 32. The base wage for journeyman is like $57/hr.

yea, my local said they have had some with travel cards go there with little to no issue

might just look into that

16. Likes GoCougs liked this post.
    Poodle Head Mikey is online now Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    That is an obvious and un-natural jog of the border - to include NW Angle - with no 'apparent from the map' reason.

Still . . . . there must have been 'a reason'.

Do you know The Story of why the border-jog exists?

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Could you actually get to the USA right now (or anytime soon) if you wanted to? I have heard it is very tough for USA citizens to get permission to enter Canada right now. I live in Minnesota, which has a town that sits on top of a lake that is surrounded by Canadian land (The city is called NW Angle). If people who live here want to leave and go to the next nearest US city they either need to take a boat for 30 miles, or an airplane. Canada is not granting them permission to drive through Canada right now (except for emergency situations).
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes

Thanks man!
    Are you based in Oregon?
    What's the industry like down there in terms of employment?

Thanks!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flangatang7 View Post
    Thanks man!
    Are you based in Oregon?
    What's the industry like down there in terms of employment?

Thanks!
    Tried sending you a PM, but you have your preferences set to not receive them. If you want to change that or send me your email I will send you some info.

20. Likes flangatang7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    That is an obvious and un-natural jog of the border - to include NW Angle - with no 'apparent from the map' reason.

Still . . . . there must have been 'a reason'.

Do you know The Story of why the border-jog exists?

PHM
    ---------
    If I remember the story correctly it was not done on purpose. Something about Lewis and Clark and the land surveying equipment of the day not being very good.

Post Likes
    Difficult to come to USA and take a job an American is qualified for . Company would have to show that the job could not be filled locally, then get into Visa application process . good luck

23. Likes flangatang7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Tried sending you a PM, but you have your preferences set to not receive them. If you want to change that or send me your email I will send you some info.

All good. Yeah I'm not a professional member yet so am not privy haha.

You can hit me up on chippylewis951@gmail.com

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in