+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: lunch ideas

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    I think back to the days when I I'd do KFC, mcdonalds and Burger King for lunch every day. Man I felt like crap back then and didn't even realize it.
    Heh heh, yeah, me to. You really don't know how bad you feel until you start eating correctly. One nice thing is that the results from changing your diet are almost immediate. I mean, you can start by making small but significant changes and feel your energy level go up within just a couple or three days.

Post Likes
    Without all the caffeine, my energy is much more stable. I don't have the crashes I did when I'd suck down a bottle of Pepsi for lunch. Plus you don't have all the carbonation that makes you feel all bloated up.
    Cutting caffeine by far produced the biggest results.
    If I'm out of lunch stuff, the most ill do out is a sub from wawa or subway.

Post Likes
    Try some tuna sandwich, Quick and easy to prepare.

Post Likes
    I normally don't eat a lunch nor a snack unless it's winter ( bout 2 months of the year, here in south Louisiana) or when I'm working with someone. I have to remember to tell my coworkers to stop me when they want to eat. I tend to forget that most people eat lunch once I get going.

If I know I'm gonna work overtime ill eat lunch around 3pm.

Post Likes
    Actually i do eat pretty healthy, i have bad moments liked a fried garlic bologna sandwhich the other day.

all the running around i do, i have to snack every few hours otherwise i feel dizzy. I'm in South Palm Beach. I heard rumors of wawa coming down this way.

Today was a bowl of Pho for lunch. Bun Cha for a snack.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    It's won't be long now. The wawa kids all have homes in south Florida now - hence the push down the coast from Wawa PA. <g> There are already Wawa stores as far south as Clearwater on the west coast.

How about Subway? Do you have them over there in the east? You can order a pretty healthy sandwich in a Subway - while still avoiding processed meats and so forth.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by itsacrazyasian View Post
    Actually i do eat pretty healthy, i have bad moments liked a fried garlic bologna sandwhich the other day.

all the running around i do, i have to snack every few hours otherwise i feel dizzy. I'm in South Palm Beach. I heard rumors of wawa coming down this way.

Today was a bowl of Pho for lunch. Bun Cha for a snack.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    I don't usually eat lunch unless I'm near the house and there I have my homemade veggie soup with a tad of beef in it. I like more vegetables and less meat now- it digests better and I feel better. Bananas, cottage cheese with grapes, no breads if possible.

The last time I went to a subway months ago was my last. I watched them prepare the sub. When the girl placed the cheese and meat on the sub, I could swear I could see right through the thin slices layered 1/8" thick. You could see the sub was 90% bread. My comments about more filling in the sub were returned with basically "no", even if I offered to pay more. I left the line and walked away.

I drink more water to subside the hungers sometimes.

Absolutely no sodas! Especially diet sodas. My wife and a friend are type 2 diabetics because they would drink a six pac of those a day- in my opinion.

Post Likes
    Thought I'd bump this one back up.
    I need some new ideas for lunch. Something hot I can keep warm in the mini crock pot the wife bought me. I was taking a taco salad mix but I don't have any left.
    It's gonna be a COLD week, so need something hot to thaw me out come lunchtime.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes
    If you use a can of Dinty Moore beef stew and dump in a can or two of black beans, lentils, pinto beans, navy beans, great northern beans, or black eyed peas - it makes for a yummy hot meal. You can then take a nice portion along in a wide-mouth thermos.

I personally would add a fair amount of smashed or sliced or crushed garlic and a big onion. <g>

Something to eat with it would be some kind of cooked greens in a large portion: spinach, collards, kale, etc. Also with a substantial garlic-add. <g> Think of Pop-Eye as you eat. <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    Thought I'd bump this one back up.
    I need some new ideas for lunch. Something hot I can keep warm in the mini crock pot the wife bought me. I was taking a taco salad mix but I don't have any left.
    It's gonna be a COLD week, so need something hot to thaw me out come lunchtime.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    If you use a can of Dinty Moore beef stew and dump in a can or two of black beans, lentils, pinto beans, navy beans, great northern beans, or black eyed peas - it makes for a yummy hot meal. You can then take a nice portion along in a wide-mouth thermos.

I personally would add a fair amount of smashed or sliced or crushed garlic and a big onion. <g>

Something to eat with it would be some kind of cooked greens in a large portion: spinach, collards, kale, etc. Also with a substantial garlic-add. <g> Think of Pop-Eye as you eat. <g>

PHM
    -------
    That sounds GREAT... you are making me hungry...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Wife made me some white turkey chili today to take for the week. Its good and it has healthy stuff in it. Problem solved

Name:  IMG_0830[1].jpg
Views: 743
Size:  85.5 KB
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Well, I also had the same question.
    Then I bouth the book with bento japanese lunch box reсipes...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    I don't usually eat lunch unless I'm near the house and there I have my homemade veggie soup with a tad of beef in it. I like more vegetables and less meat now- it digests better and I feel better. Bananas, cottage cheese with grapes, no breads if possible.

The last time I went to a subway months ago was my last. I watched them prepare the sub. When the girl placed the cheese and meat on the sub, I could swear I could see right through the thin slices layered 1/8" thick. You could see the sub was 90% bread. My comments about more filling in the sub were returned with basically "no", even if I offered to pay more. I left the line and walked away.

I drink more water to subside the hungers sometimes.

Absolutely no sodas! Especially diet sodas. My wife and a friend are type 2 diabetics because they would drink a six pac of those a day- in my opinion.
    Keep some saltine... or salt free saltine crackers in your truck...... several times during the day just grab a couple...

They will keep you feeling hungry.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    You got that right. Nothing good there.

Refined wheat might be a great survival food, but there are precious few in the United States of America that qualify for being at the level of survival status unless they want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Keep some saltine... or salt free saltine crackers in your truck...... several times during the day just grab a couple...

They will keep you feeling hungry.

Post Likes
    I don't think that's true - I think there are too many hungry people in the US. Far too many. And I think a lot of them are children.

Which is one of the reasons I am against, so-called; foreign aid. When the last American pushes back from the table and says: That's it - I can't eat another bite. That is the time we can see what's left to bribe other countries to pretend to like us.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    You got that right. Nothing good there.

Refined wheat might be a great survival food, but there are precious few in the United States of America that qualify for being at the level of survival status unless they want to be.
    PHM
    --------

16. Likes crazzycajun liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I can agree with you on several points. Problem is that the food is there, obviously not the best of the best, just that some do not want to put up with the 'bureaucracy' to get it. Whether it be welfare, other social aid, the local church, the local soup kitchen, etc.

One of the problems is that if you're not getting proper nutrition, that makes it harder to make the decisions to get the proper nutrition.

One of my biggest problems is the generational thing. Children making babies that don't have a clue how to take care of themselves much less others. Can't feed themselves; or their babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I don't think that's true - I think there are too many hungry people in the US. Far too many. And I think a lot of them are children.

Which is one of the reasons I am against, so-called; foreign aid. When the last American pushes back from the table and says: That's it - I can't eat another bite. That is the time we can see what's left to bribe other countries to pretend to like us.

PHM
    -------

Post Likes
    Yes; but pretty much everyone discovers all on their own that they love effing. All the other stuff has to be taught - and it isn't.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    I can agree with you on several points. Problem is that the food is there, obviously not the best of the best, just that some do not want to put up with the 'bureaucracy' to get it. Whether it be welfare, other social aid, the local church, the local soup kitchen, etc.

One of the problems is that if you're not getting proper nutrition, that makes it harder to make the decisions to get the proper nutrition.

One of my biggest problems is the generational thing. Children making babies that don't have a clue how to take care of themselves much less others. Can't feed themselves; or their babies.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    They will keep you from feeling hungry..... lol

I like plain crackers.... bland... just something to give the old gut something to work on..... I used to keep boxes of those little debbie snack cakes on the truck too....... or buy the bulk packs of peanut butter or cheese crackers....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    This is what I keep in the truck -

http://www.target.com/p/archer-farms...z/-/A-14723326

And there is also the Plus that Target stores consistently have the best looking women shopping there.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    They will keep you from feeling hungry..... lol

I like plain crackers.... bland... just something to give the old gut something to work on..... I used to keep boxes of those little debbie snack cakes on the truck too....... or buy the bulk packs of peanut butter or cheese crackers....
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Lately ive been taking salad... pull apart a heart of romaine, cut up some celery, sprinkle some matchstick carrots, and maybe even bring chopped up chicken in a zipper baggie.

Another idea, on a piece of flatbreat or naan, some pieces of chicken, sprinkle cheese and spices and toast in the mini oven. I don't mind a cold-once-toasted sandwich.

It sucks, but fast food and refined sugar is addicting so I just need to stay away from it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in