Page 46 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3639404142434445464748495051525356 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Another Phase Rotation Story.... got a call from a grocery store that several of their compressors had stopped cooling properly.... got there and 4 out of 10 compressors had gone out on low oil pressure... Copeland compressors.. after a little investigation I found that the electrical utility had been doing some work on their pole.... When they rolled the phases and the compressors went to run the other way the disk in the oil pump that will allow the pump to pump oil in either direction did not slide the other direction with the rotation change.... they seem to take a set when a compressor runs the same direction for a long time.... So instead of me fixing all the pumps I just called the utility and let them lick their calf over.... and magically everything worked.... I was surprised that the other compressors all switched back to the original rotation...
    For the Government to Give Something to you - THEY HAVE TO TAKE IT WAY FROM SOMEONE ELSE FIRST...

Post Likes
    Went to a ladies house who said she didn't think her air conditioner was running.... she didn't have an air conditioner! turns out her husband recently passed away and he usually "took care of things around the house"

Post Likes
    Had a contractor install a compressor for me while I did some maintenance work. I come around the corner and find him standing there with these capacitors trying to figure out where they went. Had to tell hiim that the unit was 3 phase so he called a coworker in. They blamed it on the supply house giving them the wrong compressor.

Post Likes
    Better than a co worker installing a 460volt compressor in a 208 v unit . It trip on overload . Pay 4 hours overtime on a Saturday to explain

Post Likes
    I'll add my 2 cents. Once while doing residential work I had a no ac call. Rough part of town mind you. Ho says it was cooling when I went to bed and when I woke up it was warm. He proceeded to say he placed the call and here we were. Introduced myself went through the proper checks of finding tstat and proceeding to condensor. I could here ahu running in attic so I directly went outback to the condensor. Well when I rounded the corner of the ho house it was probably the quickest diagnosis I ever made. I told ho he may want to sit down and talk about a condensor install. Apparently someone else needed it worse than he did.... it was stolen.

Post Likes
    New double stack convection oven. Brand new! Not lighting......
    Pushed other customers aside to assist for a quicky......
    Gas quick-connect wasn't on all the way. Chef said, "I'm sorry." and walked away. Yeah, didn't have to say a word.
    There's your sign!

Post Likes
    I had a service call that the condo was too warm this was a Saturday my wife and I was at a bar so we left and dropped her off at home jumped in my service truck got out there and found that the tstat was set on 78 turned it down came on ran fine the roommate said I didn't want to get out of bed

Post Likes
    "I just got my gas fryer installed and it's not lighting. When ever I turn push in the button to light the pilot I hear a sound like running water."

WTFREAK?? Hop in the truck. Drive over the the customers place. Try to light the fryer. Hear running water sound. Check the line coming into the fryer….Yes you guessed it folks, the guy who installed it connected it to a water line. Yes folks a water line!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RichO View Post
    "I just got my gas fryer installed and it's not lighting. When ever I turn push in the button to light the pilot I hear a sound like running water."

WTFREAK?? Hop in the truck. Drive over the the customers place. Try to light the fryer. Hear running water sound. Check the line coming into the fryer….Yes you guessed it folks, the guy who installed it connected it to a water line. Yes folks a water line!
    This one has to be the best one on here! We need a cookie smiley for this!
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Artietech View Post
    This one has to be the best one on here! We need a cookie smiley for this!
    That is pretty awesome.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vstech View Post
    another call, I go out on, middle of winter, I go out, and the flame is small, then HUGE, then small,... adjusting regulator, no change... I decide to pull the regulator, but there's no cock, so I head for the meter... no meter, just the gas line connected to a bicycle tube with hose clamps... looked like popeye's arm... I turned it off, and called the gas company... slowly walked to the truck...
    LOLOL!!!!!! WHAAAAAT!!! That is one of the craziest things I have EVER heard!!!

Post Likes
    Had a customer ask me this week if they could run the unit while i changed it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RichO View Post

Did water actually get into the regulator and all, I can picture a stream of water flowing along where the flame should be, that's awesome. Wow, just wow, Now wondering if the faucet smelled a little funny and dry-ish. lol

Page 46 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3639404142434445464748495051525356 ... LastLast