Thread: Vaccum Pump

Post Likes

Vaccum Pump

Hi all, I am new here and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a large vaccum pump. We are looking for 20 cfm or bigger 120v-230v that will be used for chillers 100tons and under as well as built-up systems of the same size.

I have been told that the Welch #1397 is very durable due to cast iron vanes but I can get a leybold D60AC 36 cfm for the same price.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    For 100 tons and under a 8 CFM pump is adequate. More important than the pump size are the hoses that you attach to it. Take a look at the Appion TEZ 8 and the Megaflow kit. It has (2) 1/2" x 1/4" hoses and two 3/8" x 1/4" vacuum rated hoses and a large bore vacuum rated manifold.

No matter how large the pump, the deepest vacuum you can achieve is -14.7 psig, because we are limited to that pressure the only way to increase the speed is to increase the size of the hoses. For what you are doing the Appion and the Megaflow kit will easily do the job and you will save a lot of $$$

http://www.appioninc.com/media/video...tezspeedsystem

Jim
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Thanks for the input, I had forgotten about the megaflow kit. I had seen them a couple years ago but the thought vanished like the equity in my house. We have 9 cfm pumps now and 3/8" hoses but occasionally have to leave them running overnight and if its a friday can cause problems.

I think I might just pick up a couple sets.

Thanks again for the input!

Post Likes
    The tez 8 is a great vaccum pump. The one nice feature is the oil change, it is fast and theres no mess. I would highly recommend it.