Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Are you a Circon SI currently? And secondly, the damper motor is a Belimo. So, what you mean to say is you think the flow sensor used wasn't very good and the Belimo manufactured actuator wasn't good quality?
    Yes...yes...yes

The flow sensor in the UHC-202 had stability issues; 300 series controllers were better. The original Belimo motor suffered from problems with brushes flaking off silver plating; we replaced several. Later versions were brushless.

Post Likes
    I talked to someone at Circon concerning this post and he said the API database could be converted to LON (they could do it for a flat fee) but then you could not make any changes to the variables after conversion. But once the DB is LNS if you loose a controller you just swap with any LNS device. He recommended leaving SI in place for the programmables.

Just give them a call.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeLON View Post
    Yes...yes...yes
    The flow sensor in the UHC-202 had stability issues; 300 series controllers were better. The original Belimo motor suffered from problems with brushes flaking off silver plating; we replaced several. Later versions were brushless.
    Early 300 series devices had the same problem Belimo actuator. I still know of 200 series projects where they are largely intact and working. This is about 20 years. One site in particular is very stable. Then you also know that Circon will work with anyone actually interested in their products and have some avenues available to upgrade the existing network. I think the situation here is this contractor really could care less past the parts and pieces he can dump in from another supplier. So, its easy to see why Circon isn't interested in working with him.

Post Likes
    Thank you, for those who gave good technical advice, and remained professional, not personal. The site is a great resource. Lets keep it that way!!
    Last edited by Norriski Tech; 11-08-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Mispelling.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    Thank you, for those who gave good technical advice, and remained professional, not personal. The site is a great resource. Lets keep it that way!!
    Enjoy your Honeywell and Tridium AX replacement project.

Post Likes
    Some people have all the answers, some come across wrong, some are just ...., well you fill in the blanks. I am not defending anyone here, but the beauty of the forum is that you don't have to read some posts...oh and there is an ignore feature someone recently posted about.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    I agree with Norriski, apparently some people have nothing better to do than try to split hairs. It must be because at the end of the day, they have to look in the mirror and they must not like what they see.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by *TEEKAY* View Post
    I agree with Norriski, apparently some people have nothing better to do than try to split hairs.
    I am continually amazed at the way people try to express truth avoidance. Really I don't care the guy pushes a certain line of product and wants to sell that over supporting products. However, no need to be evasive and sugarcoat what he is really up to here. He wants the stuff gone and if he could find an excuse to toss everything by pulling more money out of an owners pocket that's what he is going to do. In this instance the owner has a budget and likely realizes mostly things are running. I would try to fix things, including pneumatics even though we sold modern automation. Usually less expensive to fix things, and usually it was readjust or reset back to original operating parameters, but of course you really need to at least try to know what you are doing.

Post Likes
    But there are over two hundred vav's onsite so we were trying to interface with them, give them a good frontend with a current operating system, and a direction for the future. The customer has driven this request
    Have you talked with Circon? My understanding is they can deliver this.

Post Likes
    Well, I was going to leave this one alone. But the arrogance, and willingness to keep going at my character I won't accept. First off I have been a technician only for 17 years .Haven't priced one job, sold one, or care too!!!. This site in the late 90's was a building that I performed service controls, and mechanical at, while working for a circon partner. I lost touch with the customer, after leaving that company, and was recently contacted by the onsite person. Who came to trust me, and value my opinion through HONEST work in the past. This site visit, I found a building that had been neglected over the years. The roof top controllers that were spoke about, in the original post one with water damage but still operable, and the other with outputs bypassed do to failure, I was thinking about breaking out my soldering iron,to see if I could repair the burnt trace on the board ,after all the controller is only 15 years old!!. The customer hasn't been happy for years with the level of support, and lack of product support in our area with circon, that opened the discussion of a new product. This customer is a very successful software company, there is no budget they could replace every device right now if they wanted. We haven't talked price, maybe never will. This started as a research question, for this customer for the future of his building THAT IS IT. Crab Master makes a point, that we can just ignore this type of response. I will never ignore a personal unfounded attack on my character. Again for the third time, I find this site a great technical resource and would like to only use it for that. NOT TO RUN MY MOUTH OVER 9,000 TIMES IN SOME EGO BUILDER, FANTASY WORLD.

Post Likes
    Quote:
    But there are over two hundred vav's onsite so we were trying to interface with them, give them a good frontend with a current operating system, and a direction for the future. The customer has driven this request

Have you talked with Circon? My understanding is they can deliver this.
    Is the customer so dissatisfied with Circon that they won't even consider them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12