Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Circon AX Wizard

Hey guys, we have a large building that we are looking at putting the AX platform on. It has circon UHC-202 VAV controllers, and the configurable controllers on the roof top machines. I think the idea is going to be put are controllers on the roof top machines, and use the vav's as is. My question is has anybody used the AX wizard from EBAC, on the UHC-202 controller, and what functionality do you get. Like downloading, and configuring of controllers. Any input would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    Not sure, but I don't think the AX Wizards are designed for the 200 series controls, there are more for the 300 Series.

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Yes, I just figured that out by looking at a PDF on the wizard I found. I guess now try to lon discover them??. Customer has controller software onsite, we could keep that for vav work. And if the controller fails hang ours on the bus.

Post Likes
    I think you will have a problem with the VAVs. If I remember correctly they are not LNS but API. Maybe sys can add more to this, he was familiar with these earlier controllers
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Post Likes
    I don't like it when guys are blowing up systems "just because". Replace everything because its what you really understand with your AX box.

Post Likes
    Yep, you guys!!. I think after being on the forum years ,I have figured out that you have several opinions on DDC solutions. This forum for me has been for technical research,and for a better knowledge for my customer. This customer has concerns about the circon line, or whatever it has become. This question would have never posted, if the intention was to replace everything. We would just go in replace all the devices, simple as that. But there are over two hundred vav's onsite so we were trying to interface with them, give them a good frontend with a current operating system, and a direction for the future. The customer has driven this request,and my personnel feelings are not part of the equation. We have several solutions at the place I work at, Ax being one of them.It is a good as any of them!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    Yep, you guys!!. I think after being on the forum years ,I have figured out that you have several opinions on DDC solutions. This forum for me has been for technical research,and for a better knowledge for my customer. This customer has concerns about the circon line, or whatever it has become. This question would have never posted, if the intention was to replace everything. We would just go in replace all the devices, simple as that. But there are over two hundred vav's onsite so we were trying to interface with them, give them a good frontend with a current operating system, and a direction for the future. The customer has driven this request,and my personnel feelings are not part of the equation. We have several solutions at the place I work at, Ax being one of them.It is a good as any of them!!!
    Well said and agreed.

I have yet to post in this thread, but I did subscribe to it as I am interested in the real world wizard application success rate as well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Well said and agreed.

I have yet to post in this thread, but I did subscribe to it as I am interested in the real world wizard application success rate as well.
    Well since you mention it, I'm was not going to hi-jack the thread but my only experience with the Circon AX wizards has not been all that positive. I never could get them to work when connected to a Jace-2, tried on the office network and via the internet on the customer's network. They try to launch but end up coming up with a Validation error "Unable to connect to the remote server". Since time was short on this project (Isn't it always) I did not waste any more time on them. It may be something I have set wrong.

They did work great running the station on my laptop, and using the usb lon network interface.

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    What about Circon VI?
    If all the VAV's are the same you could deploy the graphics very quickly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    ...This question would have never posted, if the intention was to replace everything. We would just go in replace all the devices, simple as that. But there are over two hundred vav's onsite so we were trying to interface with them, give them a good frontend with a current operating system, and a direction for the future. The customer has driven this request,and my personnel feelings are not part of the equation. We have several solutions at the place I work at, Ax being one of them.It is a good as any of them!!!
    If the customer is concerned, replace everything. Where does this level of customer concern come from and why? All you need to do is tell them EBAC Circon is in place and ready to help. Not an option for you because you represent Brand X and Tridium and don't want to bother. Therefore, that Circon stuff is junk except for those VAV's because there simply isn't enough budget for you to get that out of the customer for an upgrade. So, not "as simple as that" because your customer isn't ponying up the dollars you will need.

Already you are pulling out whatever front end is there plus removing the programmable controllers. This is for your benefit or designs and not really the customer. Otherwise why pull working controllers out? Well, the answer is rather simple. You have no clue about what it takes to manage them and your business model is AX and whatever your pet programmable controller line is. Therefore, you rip out. However, if VI is installed onsite it is a great front end. You apparently advertise as an integrator... so integrate. Circon has a deal with Lynxspring so apparently something works in the Tridium world and 202's are LON controllers.

Post Likes
    You can't us AX to configure a UHC-200 directly. The Circon series 200 series controllers used a LonManager database rather than LNS.

You could, however, "discover" the Lon device and interact with the NVs and CPs directly, but it will be painful and you'll need good documentation. I don't recommend it.

If you have to use AX (and not the original System Integrator software that used Windows API calls), you can use the AX wizard to setup a UHC-302 VAV controller which used a hardware equivalent of the 202. Warning-the UHC-202 hardware series had several issues, namely with the flow sensor and damper motor. If your 202s have been in for awhile, you'll need to address those issues.

Happy motoring!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeLON View Post
    You can't us AX to configure a UHC-200 directly. The Circon series 200 series controllers used a LonManager database rather than LNS.
    Are you a Circon SI currently? And secondly, the damper motor is a Belimo. So, what you mean to say is you think the flow sensor used wasn't very good and the Belimo manufactured actuator wasn't good quality?

Post Likes
    I have been apart of several talk forums in my life. Hunting ,fishing, guns stuff like that. The one reason my posts have remained limited on this site, is there is always someone who's mission is to make themselves feel smarter through others post just like this one. You couldn't be more off base with your comment's and a technical response you won't get. I enjoy this site,and will continue to use it for the technical research,and to better myself in my trade. Never will I make unfounded personal judgements, or attack someone who I don't know. This site is great for our trade, unfortunately its great for narcissism also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast