Post Likes

JCI PCT Software

Hey guys, I need to load PCT software for the FX controllers. I currently have SCT,CCT installed on my host. Our vendor say's CCT,and PCT can't be on the same host, is this true? I don't like virtual machine's, and would like to avoid that option. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    Yes, it is true. The answer I got in class was use 2 computers.

Post Likes
    I have both installed on my win 7 laptop in two different XP mode virtual machines. I used a thing called XP More to duplicate the VM that Win 7 Prof allowed.

Both start and run. I have used the CCT to connect to a FEC, and I used PCT in class. I have had some blue tooth trouble connecting on both occasions. I have not started using it regularly for either yet. So it will work in the VM but, I do not know if there are going to be issues as time goes by. It did take some time to setup CCT as Sql needed to be added to the VM. The PCT just installed, but the install did take a while. I was in class for the PCT install so there was plenty of time I was occupied while the laptop cranked away.

For the bluetooth I had to load the drivers for the XP from Dell, then watch the COM port settings. The COM port may not be the same in any of the VM or actual Win7 machine. I found the VM seemed to change the COM port on reattach sometimes. Then the link up fails. I am sure this will all seem simpler in a year or so.

Bill

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Well thanks for all the input. I have decided to put SCT,CCT on virtual machine's, and PCT on the host. I don't care for virtual machine's but no choice I guess!!. The post by CCI Kelly, not sure when he say's same machine if that means just host. Or host and virtual same PC?