Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stuck on stupid

Post Likes

stuck on stupid

I met my daughters teacher yesterday, 2nd grade.
    He doesn't speak English. We don't speak Spanish. The principal says she is understaffed, and can't do anything about it. I said hire a teacher that speaks English. Then she goes into some budget dilema and not having enough money. So I asked how is she going to learn anything if she can't understand what the teacher is saying. And secondly why would you hire a teacher that doesn't speak our language? There are other teachers looing for work and this is the best that you could do? Of course she had a meeting she had to attend, and walked away.

Why do I have to schedule a meeting with the superintendent, to get an english speaking teacher?

Post Likes
    As Mr. Beck has said on many an occasion, pass me the duct tape, cuz I need to wrap my head in it before it explodes!
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Post Likes
    That's crazy. I told the wife we could move to FL if she wanted and all she said was "I don't want to work down there, their school districts are screwed up." Now I see why.

Post Likes
    Hopefully you can get it resolved.

Last year my daughter was in third grade and it was total hell. My wife and I are on first name basis with the principal and asst. principal. I don't know why the third grade teacher still has her job because we were not the only parents with issues., must be tenure or something.....
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    That's crazy. I told the wife we could move to FL if she wanted and all she said was "I don't want to work down there, their school districts are screwed up." Now I see why.
    Good luck finding a public school that isn't. If you have by all means stay there.
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Harper View Post
    I met my daughters teacher yesterday, 2nd grade.
    He doesn't speak English. We don't speak Spanish. The principal says she is understaffed, and can't do anything about it. I said hire a teacher that speaks English. Then she goes into some budget dilema and not having enough money. So I asked how is she going to learn anything if she can't understand what the teacher is saying. And secondly why would you hire a teacher that doesn't speak our language? There are other teachers looing for work and this is the best that you could do? Of course she had a meeting she had to attend, and walked away.

Why do I have to schedule a meeting with the superintendent, to get an english speaking teacher?
    Yeah I think we might have a problem with that!!
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcb2875 View Post
    Good luck finding a public school that isn't. If you have by all means stay there.
    The district she works for here is pretty good. Only thing I have to complain about them is their health insurance sucks. You would really think they would get all that sorted out but I guess not.

Post Likes
    On the flup side of this is my youngest. She is almost six and is autistic. She has been going to a special needs charter school.when you talk to the teachers, principal and other staff, its a world of difference. You tell them your problem,once, and it gets handled. No issues, no fussing, just "we will take care of that".

This is all about the suck ass public school system. Many years ago I took a job with the school system, in another part of the state. Had a carrier unit with two compressors burnt up from both liquid lines rubbing together. Went to the site and changed both compressors and back up in 2?5 hrs. Went back to the maintenance shop to drop off the compressors. The supervisor pulled me to the side and told me I was not part of the team as I was trying to make everyone else look bad by being a show-off, then tried to write me up for insubordinate behavior. That was my second day, and my last.
    I learned that they Air all there to protect each other and not do the right thing.

Post Likes
    On the flup side of this is my youngest. She is almost six and is autistic. She has been going to a special needs charter school.when you talk to the teachers, principal and other staff, its a world of difference. You tell them your problem,once, and it gets handled. No issues, no fussing, just "we will take care of that".

This is all about the suck ass public school system. Many years ago I took a job with the school system, in another part of the state. Had a carrier unit with two compressors burnt up from both liquid lines rubbing together. Went to the site and changed both compressors and back up in 2?5 hrs. Went back to the maintenance shop to drop off the compressors. The supervisor pulled me to the side and told me I was not part of the team as I was trying to make everyone else look bad by being a show-off, then tried to write me up for insubordinate behavior. That was my second day, and my last.
    I learned that they Air all there to protect each other and not do the right thing.

Post Likes
    The school districts down there don't pay enough.
    You have lower school taxes as a result.
    I'll stay up north.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    The state of Florida is following through with what conservatives want and it will drive most good teachers away. Nothing surprising there.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...5000-lower-na/

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ans...rs-in-flo.html
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    The state of Florida is following through with what conservatives want and it will drive most good teachers away. Nothing surprising there.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...5000-lower-na/

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ans...rs-in-flo.html
    Jim,

I don't comment much on politics but I will say this....the education system's problem is politicians, regardless of what the party affiliation is. Their solution is to continue to throw money at it thinking it will fix itself. What needs to happen is the money needs to be appropriated by people who understand how schools operate. Not to mention stupid legislation like no child left behind.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Jim,

I don't comment much on politics but I will say this....the education system's problem is politicians, regardless of what the party affiliation is. Their solution is to continue to throw money at it thinking it will fix itself. What needs to happen is the money needs to be appropriated by people who understand how schools operate. Not to mention stupid legislation like no child left behind.
    I agree with no child left behind. But money is an important part in getting good teachers, same as it is in any other field.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast