Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I take a piece of electrical tape and wrap it around the end of the driver so that there is enough overlap to push down into the opening where the screw goes...... Holds the screws very well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I take a piece of electrical tape and wrap it around the end of the driver so that there is enough overlap to push down into the opening where the screw goes...... Holds the screws very well.
    You can also take a piecs of cellophane and place it over the opening of the nutdriver while placing the nut/screw into it. It will hold the nut/screw while setting it.
    Doug

Post Likes
    Xcelite nutdrivers are precision machined, cold drawn and the sockets are case hardened. I have tried all the brands at the parts house (Vaco, Klein,etc) nothing compares to Xcelite. Any electronics supply house sells these. Talk to your friends that repair computers this is the only brand they use.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Post Likes

Xcelite

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bee View Post
    Xcelite nutdrivers are precision machined, cold drawn and the sockets are case hardened. I have tried all the brands at the parts house (Vaco, Klein,etc) nothing compares to Xcelite. Any electronics supply house sells these. Talk to your friends that repair computers this is the only brand they use.
    IMO Xcelite is better
    Yes, I've seen that before and it doesn't mean I like it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    I will wear my tool out before I lose it.... Whether its Snap-on, Klein, or Malco...

Will Klein give you a new tool if the tip wears out?? I wish there was more selection out there for magnetic nut drivers... I prefer Snap-on, but they don't do magnetic ones.
    Magnetize it yourself... google will help you...... or look on the net for some rare earth magnets..... Ive seen some small 1/4 inch diameter by 1/8 inch high magnets that when placed on the shaft of a screwdriver or nutdriver will work well for a temporary magnetic tool.

Post Likes
    Malco bits in the impacter. Nut driver with a motor. Only use a nut driver if I need a stubby and the angle impacter isn't around.

Post Likes
    I have mastercraft and they do the job for what i need. Generally i have my 1/4 inch bit in my drill and use that for everything. But if i did use my nut drivers alot i would have to go with klein. They are great have really long thin reach so you can get them basically anywhere.

Post Likes
    Generally use my impact for most work Klein 6" and stubby have taken a beating and still work great. I've heard Wiha makes some good magnetic nut drivers.

Post Likes
    Ordered Klein's. What is a slidedriver??

Post Likes

Cool

Slide driver: http://sensibleproducts.com/slidedriver.html

Raptor makes a better nut driver than Klein. Fatter handle gives me a better grip. Still, I'm looking at that set of long handled magnetic hollow shaft Kleins to keep in the truck.

I have the stubby slidedriver and it works well. You can remove the shank and put it into your screw/ impact gun. Will get the longer version when I can find it. Not cheap.

When the tips clog up with trash or metal filings, push the tip into putty and it will clean the crud out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    You can also take a piecs of cellophane and place it over the opening of the nutdriver while placing the nut/screw into it. It will hold the nut/screw while setting it.
    I keep a little round tin of grease in my toolbag, and sometimes use the grease to stick screws on to the tip of my non magnetic nut drivers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kchest4063

I keep a little round tin of grease in my toolbag, and sometimes use the grease to stick screws on to the tip of my non magnetic nut drivers.
    Another trick is to wrap a bit of Teflon tape around the screw and nut runner.

It will hold the screw in place well enough to get it where you need it.

Post Likes
    I use the klein's Long shaft with earth magnets, they are american made what more can be said. Same can be said from vice grips, I have a pair that were my great grandfathers they look brand new and work top notch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast