+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some prayers guys...

Post Likes

Need some prayers guys...

I rarely get on here, especially lately. I'm 24 years old and I have been working for my dad doing commercial refrigeration since I was 16. I've had an NC commercial refrigeration license for right at 3 years. My future looked good. I was making really good money, had just got married and bought a house. On September 16th, 2010 I was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer. I started getting to where I could barely work half a day in the heat and I would have to come home. Then I would run fevers and just sleep all the time. They finally did a CT scan of my abdomen for some reason and saw that my liver was covered in tumors. After I was diagnosed I started on chemo and immediatly started feeling 100x's better. I could work full time, I didn't lose any hair and everything started getting back to normal. In April I had a bad allergic reaction to one of the chemo drugs and haven't been able to take it since and that was what was working really good. I am doing a different treatment right now that makes me feel like absolute crap, it's called SIRT or sir-spheres, google it if you want to know what it is, it's hard to explain. After I finish this next SIRT treatment they are going to try to re introduce the chemo drug that I had the reaction to. I'm hoping and praying that it will work and I can get back to feeling good. Prayers would be appreciated guys! I would absolutely love to be out working in this heat instead of sitting at the house all day, but I just don't have it in me. And I feel terrible for my dad because he is absolutely working himself to death. He usually won't get home until around 8 at night and usually works 7 days a week.

Post Likes
    Good luck, My thought and get well wishes will be with you...
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Post Likes
    MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU MY FRIEND

Post Likes
    Keep your head up.

Post Likes
    Prayers Sent.

Post Likes
    My prayers and those of my family are with you and yours at this time...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Post Likes
    My prayers are with you - stay strong and know that God is with you

Post Likes
    You are in my prayers, and i wish you a speedy recovery.
    I miss you mom and dad.

Post Likes
    All the best to you...fight like crazy with Western & Eastern medicine and know there are lots of people, praying and whose thoughts are with you.

Post Likes
    I am praying for your healing. When I was your age I had a doctor that told me "God does all the healing we just collect the bills." I Pray he uses you doc for that healing and quickly.

Post Likes
    praying things are going to go well for you

r404a

Post Likes
    You're in my prayers.
    “I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    Don't worry about your dad. I'm a dad and I would do anything to help out my son. He's worrying about you a lot, and staying busy is probably the best thing he could do right now.

I've got a relative who has bladder cancer and I've been doing a lot of research on standard cancer treatments and alternative treatments. I came across Dr. Burzynski: http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/ He is currently in FDA human trials with his cancer treatment and is having success.

Also to learn more about Dr. Burzynski and how the FDA tried to steal his patented treatment and silence him, watch this movie: You'll never trust the FDA again.

Good luck with your treatments, thoughts and prayers are with you!

Post Likes
    Best of luck to you. After reading this I kinda feel like a jackass for bitcing about the heat today.

Post Likes
    That's really sad to hear man. I hope that everything goes well when they try to re-introduce the chemo that you had a reaction. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope the best for you. I know that you'd love nothing more to be back on the job doing what you love. I wish you all the best and as I said you will be in my thoughts.

Post Likes
    My prayers are with you. My Dad had prostate cancer in '92 and then colon cancer in '00 and doing great after treatment. My wife also was treated for cancer and is cancer free now. Keep the faith...we know you can beat it!
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Post Likes
    Praying for you Patrick

Post Likes
    You are in my prayers. God bless you for sharing your troubles so that others may not feel alone in theirs. I firmly believe that prayer is the ultimate cure for our ills because prayer goes directly to our source of manufacturing.

It is so great to hear that you are concerned about your dad, but you need to focus on you right now.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Prayers sent to you and your family. It is amazing what you can learn about a man in 1 paragraph. I look up to you young man!

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I am praying for your healing. When I was your age I had a doctor that told me "God does all the healing we just collect the bills." I Pray he uses you doc for that healing and quickly.
    AMEN
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in