+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: York ISN keypad info?

Post Likes
    Depending on what chiller is in there & what kind of micro board is in the panel and if any upgrades have been done you could possibly install a Elink card & let the current BMS integrate to it to pull data and write some points or like said before have someone put in a new BMS if they wish to do more, but as you said don't seem like your customer wants to invest any cash to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    And as far as reprogramming the ISN, can it be done using the keypad?
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Yes you can assign points but there was probably more to it to make all come together.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    Just looking at the card again there is looks like 4 inputs & 8 outputs that are being used trace out those wires see where they go could be isolation valves or pumps, could be status & or temperatures for the inputs also maybe you could just get the York Talk working there is York talk 1, York talk 2, York talk 3, like I said what's the model# of the chiller & micro board # , what type of starter , single line or optiview panel then you could go into the feature-section-page & plug some stuff in and see if that will communicate.

Post Likes
    What really is the most important issue is if the eprom on the chiller remembers what it is talking to. If that programming is gone hang it up.

6. Likes Randy S. liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have one installation remaining, where the ISN runs a chill plant. The ISN has been flawless.
    I did change a couple lines, but I had all the point ID info.
    The only problem I have had was with the microgateway losing it's marbles in an extended power outage.
    I was able to force it to accept a reload, but I have the original programming for it on disk.
    Since then we put the ISN on a small UPS.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Post Likes
    I think I'm going to tell them to call a controls company,cant be done without manual,software etc. thank you guys!
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    It's an obsolete system no longer supported by the OEM.
    Any control company would need to be familiar with YorkTalk, specifically integrating into the existing DDC system.
    The OEM will try to sell you new chiller panels, which leads to new sensors, and on and on.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I think I'm going to tell them to call a controls company,cant be done without manual,software etc. thank you guys!
    Smart choice you will be glad you did like Randy said. It's an obsolete system no longer supported by the OEM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy S. View Post
    It's an obsolete system no longer supported by the OEM.
    Any control company would need to be familiar with YorkTalk, specifically integrating into the existing DDC system.
    The OEM will try to sell you new chiller panels, which leads to new sensors, and on and on.
    Their DDC contractor is Honeywell and the chiller is a '91 vintage single liner YT, the ISN serves as interface between Honeywell DDC and the chiller and in my experience the Honeywell control guys are barely familiar with Honeywell stuff , York talk ....what is that??

Post Likes
    Only a true Yorkie would know what York talk is good luck i feel your pain.

Post Likes
    Just set whatever DDC up to run the whole chill plant show, and then set the chiller(s) up to receive a remote start command.
    When the cooling call comes in, the chilled and tower pumps start first, then after a few minutes delay, the chiller. On shutdown, the pumps should run a few minutes after the chiller shuts down. You want to have the tower fans controlled to the design condenser entering temperature.
    If your DDC gets pump status, put that in the start up logic, along with outdoor temperature, and some sort of indication of actual demand, like a key valve opening percentage with an adjustable on-off differential in the DDC. That way you don't start the chiller when there's no load, as well as start fewer times.
    And write your pump and fan logic as straightforward as possible, preferably in one controller so you don't rely on the network. (because of locations, you might be stuck on that last one)

You can view the essential chiller stuff from the chiller panel, whether one line or "Opti-View".

Things like flow switches need to remain wired directly to the panel.

If your control guy can't understand what I just wrote, get a different one.

Good luck, cowboy. I've been in your shoes.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy S. View Post
    Just set whatever DDC up to run the whole chill plant show, and then set the chiller(s) up to receive a remote start command.
    When the cooling call comes in, the chilled and tower pumps start first, then after a few minutes delay, the chiller. On shutdown, the pumps should run a few minutes after the chiller shuts down. You want to have the tower fans controlled to the design condenser entering temperature.
    If your DDC gets pump status, put that in the start up logic, along with outdoor temperature, and some sort of indication of actual demand, like a key valve opening percentage with an adjustable on-off differential in the DDC. That way you don't start the chiller when there's no load, as well as start fewer times.
    And write your pump and fan logic as straightforward as possible, preferably in one controller so you don't rely on the network. (because of locations, you might be stuck on that last one)

You can view the essential chiller stuff from the chiller panel, whether one line or "Opti-View".

Things like flow switches need to remain wired directly to the panel.

If your control guy can't understand what I just wrote, get a different one.

Good luck, cowboy. I've been in your shoes.
    Thats all good but in this case the facility people dont want to go that route, they want to control the chiller and have access to data like oil temperature,volts,amps, pressure etc from a remote location.

Post Likes
    You can only use a Elink to connect to the micro board if the #031-01065-xxx is what's in the panel that i just listed or above anything less not compatible with Elink, if so you can write to start/stop, remote current limit, leaving CHW setpoint, then you could also pull all the other data from the Chiller like you had just spoke about if everything i just listed above is true.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by york56 View Post
    You can only use a Elink to connect to the micro board if the #031-01065-xxx is what's in the panel that i just listed or above anything less not compatible with Elink, if so you can write to start/stop, remote current limit, leaving CHW setpoint, then you could also pull all the other data from the Chiller like you had just spoke about if everything i just listed above is true.
    Not sure what micro version the panel has,as far as I know its all original from 1991. I'm not familiar with Elink, could you share some info? thanks.

Post Likes
    Look on the micro board there should be # on the board that starts with 031-xxxx-xxx , I can send you a PDF on the Elink.

Post Likes
    Here is the E-Link Doc's
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    Thank you once again!!

Post Likes
    Hi guys, I'm working on a york chiller that is controlled of the ISN controller, but I cant get access as I don't know the password, can any help me out?.

Post Likes
    Try 5555 someone may have changed it but that’s the default

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in