Post Likes

Cypress Pneumatic stat

Salesman at my company want's me to use these in upcoming retrofit. The building is 5 stories with pneumatic control on vav boxes,and ddc for all ahu's and plant stuff. They are getting a FX-60 to replace N-30 we weren't able to sell complete DDC retrofit, so the idea was to put 8 sensor's on all the floor's to use for Ahu,boiler, chiller control from space demand.This was going to be wired on all floor's until now. So has any one used these, I have just read a little about them but have no real world application. I have to say this makes me real nervous, my little experience with wireless has been not good.

Post Likes
    I think the customer would be money ahead by retrofitting eight VAV boxes per floor to get the desired system info.
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    DaveCR I couldn't agree more. Its hard to fly like a eagle, when surrounded by buzzard's!!!.

Post Likes
    Have you heard about these guys - http://millennialnet.net/psi - they claim their pneumatic stat is using electric valve instead of regular mechanical. I haven’t installed this myself yet, but sure looks interesting.

Post Likes
    I've installed about 40 of these stats in two different buildings, and I'm still trying to decide if I like them or not. They definitely have their application - its a quick easy swap out of the existing pneumatic stat which will save on the install time. The stats themselves have a battery in them which is supposed to last 5 years, although I've had to replace a few of them much sooner than that, which is annoying. The wireless seems to work ok if you have enough repeaters, but I wasn't trying to go between 5 floors. The Bacnet points (space temp, branch pressure, battery level, HeatSP, and Cool SP) integrated into my front end pretty smooth, although I had to call Cypress because the values weren't updating very often. It also comes with its own web application that Cypress kept trying to push on me that is for people without a front end to tie to, but it was clunky and unnecessary for what I was trying to do. What else?

Post Likes

Wireless Pneumatic Thermostat

jmcdaniel.... that wireless stat from Millenial Net has got to be the ugliest thermostat I have ever laid eyes on...LOL

It always suprises me that manufacturers can have a great technical product, but pay little attention to aesthetics.

Post Likes
    Your are right about it being UGLY

Did all the legwork on a CYPRESS job , lost it to another company who basically INSTALLED it for free so his 3 techs could learn how to do it and get their foot in the door with the customer.

Post Likes
    Hey guys thanks for all the input. Come to find out our local rep has a new control guy from the California, that say's he has put them in all over down there. He is going to help me set it up, and he say's they work great. So the project starts in August, so within a few month's I should be able to give my take on how good they really are.

Post Likes
    I installed a bunch of the Cypress Wireless stats in a hospital recently. The wirless and frontend tie-in went really slick. However we really struggled to get the tight temp tolerances the customer was asking for.what you have to realize is these are based on the old Barber-Coleman (invensys) pneumatic stats which are propotional control only.

Post Likes
    propotional control only. Along with HONEYWELL , JOHNSON , POWERS / SIEMENS , Robertshaw , KMC.